00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 39 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Swivel - SWF to Video - Released!

134,090 Views | 183 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 10:45:23

Another bug, if a movie uses a Hide Mouse type of event, the cursor disappears and doesn't return till you relaunch the program.

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 11:12:47

SWIVEL, how cool! :D

-

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 12:38:58

Fantastic! Kudos to Mike, sounds like he did an amazing job!

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 12:40:12

This is so cool!
Thanks for sharing it!

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 14:23:08

Simply wonderful. Exceptional job, Mike.

Thanks, Chdonga, for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 14:59:00

Anyone else use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum and have problems like this? This only happens when I import the media into Sony Vegas Movie Studio, outside that it's fine. As far as I can tell this only happens with files created by Swivel.

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 17:30:25

Fantastic job all those involved with this. This will make the bridge between Newgrounds traditional flash format and the mobile/YouTube worlds of video soooo much smoother. No more using awkward SWF recorders to get a decent video.

Though Flash should be ashamed at their abysmal Quicktime export option.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 18:19:35

Holy fuck good going guys, I kind of skimmed through it but is there a donation thing going on for the software by chance?

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 19:53:03

At 1/29/13 06:19 PM, DarkMatter wrote: Holy fuck good going guys, I kind of skimmed through it but is there a donation thing going on for the software by chance?

Yeah, it's the 'be a Newgrounds Support' option, Tom talks about it at the end of the post.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-29 20:40:15

Yeah I was hoping maybe there would be a separate donation thing but that's ok haven't gotten 2013 supporter yet.

Also, a little feedback.

The .mov export is flawless, never had such an easy time getting my .swf to be a .mov (considering how flash can't even do it right)

The MP4 is pretty flawless as well, the only problem being that when I play it in Quicktime, I get grey blotches and shapes with grey fills in the top left of the film. I played it in VLC and it was perfect, and I uploaded it to the project preview and it was perfect, so I'm not sure what Quicktime's problem is.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-30 05:20:44

Thank you Mike for your PURE GENIUS and a REFUSAL TO GIVE UP IN THE FACE OF INSANE OBSTACLES over the past two years. :P This looks useful...

Btw, what about old flash games? Any plans to magically transform those into HTML 5?

Check out the NRC / Hexa #58 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-30 10:09:38

At 1/30/13 05:20 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Btw, what about old flash games? Any plans to magically transform those into HTML 5?

Google made something that does that, although it seems to have plenty of issues... Pico has a lot of lines through the vector art, which I have to see if I can fix on my end with vector optimizing. It also doesn't have any audio. I'd love to get a perfect HTML5 version of Pico going, with access to download all of the source files - when I used the Google converter I got the impression they kept all the files on their end and didn't have an easy way to download as a ZIP.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-30 10:55:50

haha awesome i see you noticed i put it on reddit :D

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-30 13:22:27

At 1/29/13 02:59 PM, Mr-Shark wrote: Anyone else use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum and have problems like this? This only happens when I import the media into Sony Vegas Movie Studio, outside that it's fine. As far as I can tell this only happens with files created by Swivel.

This happens because of a stupid "feature" of Vegas called "Resample", it basically gives an onion skin of previous frames. To disable it right click your file in the timeline, switches -> Disable Resample.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-30 13:29:28

At 1/30/13 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: Google made something that does that, plenty of issues, I'd love to get a perfect HTML5 version of Pico going, stuff

So it's... possible. :) That's good to hear!

Check out the NRC / Hexa #58 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-31 05:45:10

apple finally did it they killed flash

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-01-31 11:07:47

Okay... I feel like I've been screwed over or something.

I reinstalled Swivel and it now works all of the sudden. The converted mp4 has sound now, if I import it to AE CS6.
I... can't explain why though.

I feel stupid. >_>

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-01 10:36:07

WOW! ABSOLUTELY JUST... WOW!

"There never was a master that wasn't a student...

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-01 19:34:17

well this is great and all
but it doesnt seem to work that well with very high framerates
because one of my videos set at 35fps was a few seconds off sync with the audio while another 20fps one worked just fine

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-01 19:59:12

At 2/1/13 07:34 PM, cownose-ray wrote: well this is great and all
because one of my videos set at 35fps was a few seconds off sync with the audio while another 20fps one worked just fine

Was your audio set to stream or to event?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-02 09:54:28

At 2/1/13 07:59 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/1/13 07:34 PM, cownose-ray wrote: well this is great and all
Was your audio set to stream or to event?

stream

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-05 13:52:13

This makes me happy, I can actually attempt to view Flash from my iPhone! (Even though I'm hopping back to Android soon, but until then).

Thanks Mike!

I have stuff I'm working on. Stay updated HERE if you want.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-02-12 10:04:54

Amazing stuff. I'm sure you are well aware that this has been an arduous journey to find a mac OS supported flash converter...I've been looking for one for over ten years. you truly are PHENOMENAL for creating this and releasing it for free.
With it, Ive managed to convert my Icons finale into a full 20 min long episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsB0p6PL2LQ

Thanks Guy!!!

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-03-20 15:53:45

Hi guys,

I still think this free software is amazing :)
But, I'm having issues converting my swf file to a mov one using Swivel.
In fact, when I just add my swf file in Swivel, i get a white thumbnail and 1-2 frames, while my file is 1500 frames.
So I tried to record it manually. It works very well, good quality, no frame loss.... but no sound!

Need help, thank you!

Creating Content

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-03-22 05:23:38

At 3/20/13 03:53 PM, Olynyte wrote: Hi guys,

I still think this free software is amazing :)
But, I'm having issues converting my swf file to a mov one using Swivel.
In fact, when I just add my swf file in Swivel, i get a white thumbnail and 1-2 frames, while my file is 1500 frames.
So I tried to record it manually. It works very well, good quality, no frame loss.... but no sound!

Need help, thank you!

Ok, got answers from Mike, may help some people: Swf files are using TLF Text Fields, which may do some issues with Swivel converting.
Basically, i took screenshots of my text and switched them.

Swivel development team are actually working on improving TLF Text Fields support in Swivel.

Creating Content

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2013-08-12 16:06:19

Awesome program!

BBS Signature

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2014-07-18 22:52:50

Wrong Way?
Ouch!
Fail To Down :D
CIGERRETS!
Creation on Madness Combat

MY PICTURES!

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2015-12-07 12:18:13

I really like this software, I really do. But is it still being updated? I have some flash movies I'd love to render, but they refer to external resources.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2016-02-18 09:37:03

Could we get some 4K export?
I've tried exporting 3840x2160, but it would stop in the first 1/8 of the swf. and the file size doesn't change anything.

Response to Swivel - SWF to Video - Released! 2016-09-07 19:18:17

THIS IS THE BEST THINGGGGGGA KSJDLASKJDALSKDJASD

Sorry, minor freak out. This is a beautiful thing and Mike needs to be told this. SO FLIPPING BEAUTIFUL!