00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KushB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

4 games, one choice.

2,573 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 07:38:13

At the moment I have three I games interested in getting but since I'm not rich I can not afford to buy all at once.

The games in question are Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Devil May Cry and The Walking Dead. I ask you members of the forum what game you think would most worth the money, and I'm only asking since I want an opinion from people that aren't professional reviewers.

So what do you think?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 07:39:24

I haven't played any of those but I'd say FC3.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 08:15:23

it depends on what you feel like playing really.

I'd go with Far Cry 3 or Dishonored, honestly.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 08:49:21

for lastability, I'd go for FarCry 3

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 09:26:02

Get FC3,it's awesome

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 09:42:45

For longevity, entertainment, and laughs, go with Far Cry 3.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 09:50:46

if you desperately need to throw your money away, I'd go with Dishonoured

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 10:18:43

I hate to be one of those fan boys or whatever, but I have played half of those games.

As far as entertainment and attachment goes, I'd say hop on The Walking Dead.
I bought it, and I was pretty iffy about getting it, but I had heard so many good things. I ended up playing through most of the five episodes in one weekend.
I wrapped it up on Monday and loved it. I'm definitely one of the guys who will be buying the next season.

I have Far Cry 3, I loved it. I never beat it because I got all tied up in finishing Mortal Kombat, and then I got TWD... FC3 is a solid game, it has a weak ending (I saw my brother beat it), but I don't think Far Cry games have ever really been known for their good endings, or anything close to that.
It's a great game, a lot of fun.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 11:07:11

So far Far Cry 3 seems like the obvious choice.

At 1/23/13 09:50 AM, MentalMyles wrote: if you desperately need to throw your money away, I'd go with Dishonoured

Haha I'm not desperate to throw my money away, it just that I haven't bought a new game in awhile and I want to get my moneys worth out of it. It's not like I'm about spend all the money I have on one game.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 14:40:53

At 1/23/13 02:33 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Do a coin toss between Far Cry 3 and Dishonored.

But what if it ends up side ways? What will I do then? WHAT WILL I DO!

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 14:50:13

At 1/23/13 02:40 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/23/13 02:33 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Do a coin toss between Far Cry 3 and Dishonored.
But what if it ends up side ways? What will I do then? WHAT WILL I DO!

Heads and tails are Far Cry 3, the side is for Dishonored. Makes sense if you don't think about it too much.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-23 16:51:15

Wait for prices to drop then get them all.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 03:12:43

I liked Far Cry 3 for the story, but I only got 23 hours out of it before I practically had 100%, excluding the entirely useless and boring assassination missions. I had crafted all the very best gear by the third story mission, which made hunting completely useless, and the ending was kinda shit.
The actual gameplay is a lot of fun, and the story is great, but there's not a ton to do outside of the main story and taking over camps, which doesn't take a long time.

I didn't get very far into Dishonored before I got bored of it, but I dunno, I've worn myself out on stealth games.

The Walking Dead is amazing, the only reason I haven't finished it is because I have too many other games to play right now, and I want to really sit down and play the rest of it without rushing myself so I can continue a different game. If you like moral choices, definitely go with Walking Dead.

And I dunno about Devil May Cry, I've always been indifferent towards the series, but the new Dante looks like a twat, and I heard he acts like it too.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 03:20:41

I haven't played any of those, aside from a brief demo of the Walking Dead, but Far Cry 3 has me the most interested out of those. The other two look good as well, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 10:30:23

Dishonored was a disappointment, still a good game but a disappointment.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 11:36:25

Farcry 3 will last you a long time and its very fleshed out.
I would recommend the walking dead for its awesome story though. Obviously, it won't last as long as Farcry 3.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 13:00:02

At 1/24/13 10:30 AM, naronic wrote: Dishonored was a disappointment, still a good game but a disappointment.

Disappointing in what way?

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 13:45:29

Oh, you should also know that Far Cry 3 is the only one out of those games with competitive and cooperative multiplayer. Admittedly they're not the best in the world, but they are still entertaining, so take that as you will. Not to mention the map maker.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 14:32:55

I'd say Dishonored or Devil May Cry.

Dishonored is a pretty fun stealth game, a little hard trying to get the good ending (for me anyway) and you never get all your powers in one play through. The story is kinda lackluster, but it makes up in gameplay, my only major complaint is there is no New Game+, so you must start the game over with nothing again.

I haven't played it, but Devil May Crys story is very good, the combat is easier than previous Devil May Crys (it plays like Heavenly Sword instead of giving you four different fighting styles). However, there is already a lot of confirmed DLC for this game, which might make you feel a little cheated (Vergils Downfall, Bloody Palace, Weapon Skins and Costumes).

Both games are still worth a shot though.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-24 20:46:34

I think you should get The Walking Dead. While very emotionally exhausting, it was an awesome game. As long as you don't mind a point-and-click game, I recommend this.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-25 00:57:24

The Walking Dead

Feel My Hate

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-25 08:25:39

If you want something familiar, but still pretty damn fun, then go for Far Cry 3 or Devil May Cry. If you want something different, but still pretty damn fun, then go for Dishonored or The Walking Dead.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-25 08:47:11

At 1/23/13 07:38 AM, Mismo wrote: At the moment I have three I games interested in getting but since I'm not rich I can not afford to buy all at once.

The games in question are Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Devil May Cry and The Walking Dead. I ask you members of the forum what game you think would most worth the money, and I'm only asking since I want an opinion from people that aren't professional reviewers.

So what do you think?

I would definitely say Devil May Cry, simply because it's an innovate experience, that totally deconstructs the Hack-and-Slash genre of video games.

Dishonoured is pretty good too though, really innovate, although way too short.

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-25 11:42:19

At 1/24/13 01:00 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/24/13 10:30 AM, naronic wrote: Dishonored was a disappointment, still a good game but a disappointment.
Disappointing in what way?

Generic missions, short levels, moral choice and leveling system that didn't belong in a game like this.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-25 22:58:11

Far Cry 3 is awesome

Never play Dishonored.

Devil May Cry is... well Devil May Cry.

Walking Dead is bad, stupid, worst game of past 5 years.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-01-26 12:15:10

At 1/25/13 10:58 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Walking Dead is bad, stupid, worst game of past 5 years.

I also hate good games.

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-03-19 19:08:58

far cry 3

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-03-19 19:44:06

At 1/23/13 07:38 AM, Mismo wrote: At the moment I have three I games interested in getting but since I'm not rich I can not afford to buy all at once.

So what do you think?

Walking Dead, it is an interesting experience even though it is shorter than the rest of those

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-03-20 04:33:52

I'd have probably chosen between Far Cry 3 and Devil May Cry, which is quite an experience to behold as a game. In the end, you should tell us what you got.

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature

Response to 4 games, one choice. 2013-03-20 04:38:40

At 3/20/13 04:33 AM, BANGsquared wrote: I'd have probably chosen between Far Cry 3 and Devil May Cry, which is quite an experience to behold as a game. In the end, you should tell us what you got.

I haven't bought any of them since my finical status doesn't allow me to spend money on video games right now.

BBS Signature