00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nra's Anti-obama Ad

9,477 Views | 222 Replies

The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 02:54:06

The National Rifle Association is reallypissed at the president right now. Here's the TV ad they've put out recently in which they attack him really, really hard.

http://youtu.be/W8crdWLgfDk

After watching it, here's my thoughts...

The main point of the ad, honestly, sounds pretty legitimate to me. Obama's kids are protected by weapons, why should your kids not be?

Also, it's really interesting that the ad actually uses the term 'gun free zones' as something bad. Even though I've long thought that the idea of a 'gun free zone' ultimately just meant 'nobody has guns... except violent criminals', it's still surprising to me that the NRA would be willing to demonize such a nice-sounding phrase.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 03:06:21

You think this hits Obama "really really hard"? That a head of state has armed guards protecting his children? Who are high profile targets?

Yeah, this does a lot to improve the national discourse over guns. I'm glad the NRA is doing it's job protecting our freedums.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 04:46:33

Maybe the NRA can answer why terrorists and drug cartels are allowed to buy weapons in the US due to the gun show loop hole among others.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 08:44:39

Difference between the children of the most powerful man in the world, who are in danger of assassination, hostage taking, etc. and ordinary citizens surely? Way to be over simplistic NRA and not address the real issues. I'd hate to live in a world where schools are guarded by mercenaries, sounds more like a 1984 state than the idea of not having any guns at all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 09:01:50

the NRA is in the complete right, if he is gonna pass gun laws by bypassing congress (which is a huge taboo but will probably get overturned by congress or the supreme court anyways) he still gets Secret Service protection for 10 years (something about state secrets and them not be secrets after so long so he isn't worth shit after that or something or another) after the day he gets out of office, so if he wants to be high on his horses the mother fucker should lead by example if he wants to ban semi-autos when he will be surrounded by them for another 10 years.

all in the name for some bullshit emotional kneejerk reaction because people die and use others as scape goats (IE gun owners).

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 09:11:49

I love how the NRA randomly added in "He expects the wealthy to pay higher taxes". Talk about a non sequitor, seems like the NRA has ambitions bought out by the Republican party.

Stand and fight Amuuurica!!!!

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 09:27:18

At 1/18/13 08:44 AM, Fim wrote: Difference between the children of the most powerful man in the world, who are in danger of assassination, hostage taking, etc. and ordinary citizens surely?

Ordinary school children aren't in danger of being killed?

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 10:00:29

At 1/18/13 09:27 AM, UltraHammer wrote:
At 1/18/13 08:44 AM, Fim wrote: Difference between the children of the most powerful man in the world, who are in danger of assassination, hostage taking, etc. and ordinary citizens surely?
Ordinary school children aren't in danger of being killed?

Not in the same league as Obama's kids you moron.

I love how the NRA is making a point out of something that is so blatantly self evident. Obama's kids are a high profile target so they get adequate protection. Are American audience's that dumb that they buy into this crap?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 10:10:17

At 1/18/13 10:00 AM, Fim wrote: Are American audience's that dumb that they buy into this crap?

Ever heard of Fox News? Yeah...they are.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 11:46:32

At 1/18/13 09:01 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: all in the name for some bullshit emotional kneejerk reaction because people die and use others as scape goats (IE gun owners).

Would love your opinion on this my level headed friend.

After much of a prelude, Obama has just Introduced the long awaited proposals for a plan to reduce gun violence. Considering your a veteran of this debate you should probably watch it yourself, but because you might be lazy and I'm nice I'll sum it all up for you. What he is proposing ; -

1. A universal background check on anyone wanting to buy a gun.
2. Restoring a ban on assault style assault weapons, and a 10 round limit for magazines.
3. Clarity in leadership with the Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms branch so they can prosecute more people who buy guns legally specifically to sell on to people illegally, like criminals or non American citizens.

Would love to know your reaction. To me it seems completely reasonable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 12:00:04

At 1/18/13 11:46 AM, Fim wrote:
2. Restoring a ban on assault style assault weapons, and a 10 round limit for magazines.
3. Clarity in leadership with the Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms branch so they can prosecute more people who buy guns legally specifically to sell on to people illegally, like criminals or non American citizens.

I'm happy about 1 and 3, on 2 I'm neutral.

The ATF has been weakened for years by people like the NRA, then of course when they make one mistake in one operation out of many everyone assumes they are useless and deliberately giving criminals guns.

I thought something like one was already around, weather it was or not it seems like a common sense idea IMO.

I have no objections to two, but I also find no reason support it. I'm open to hear other arguments for/against it.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 12:42:19

At 1/18/13 09:27 AM, UltraHammer wrote: Ordinary school children aren't in danger of being killed?

I thought the NRA nuts were saying how incredibly rare it is for kids to be victims of gun violence and how gun control measures wouldn't do a damn thing to stop it, but now all of the sudden kids are in danger because Obama has armed security for his kids and my god why don't we! Why does he get to ride in a fancy limo and live in a fancy house at tax payer expense? That's not fair!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 12:45:45

At 1/18/13 11:58 AM, Korriken wrote: Actually, a law was passed not long ago giving all presidents, including him, protection for life.

Makes sense, considering how many presidents have been assassinated again? and there are still plenty stupid, violent of people who resent having a black man in charge. Every president has had security.

At 1/18/13 09:27 AM, UltraHammer wrote:
they are, but you gotta remember, those are poor kids, a dime a dozen, and not worth defending. There is a reason why congress won't move to protect school children. their children don't go to the same schools, so there's no reason to spend political capital to protect them.

The majority of kids are not at risk at all. 77 million kids went to school on that day at Sandy Hooky. Quit trying to sound like you're a struggling martyr here who's being oppressed by government. It's not about being hypocritical here, it's about who is logically more at risk than somebody else, it's pretty obvious.

At 1/18/13 10:10 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
Ever heard of MSNBC? yeah, people are incredibly stupid.

I find the amusing part of this whole thing is people took Obama's bullshit, hook, line, and sinker. he spouted more lies on "assault weapons" than I could take seriously. assault weapon bullets inflicting maximum damage? right.... nice for emotional appeal, but no basis in reality, Of course, given that the media has proven time and time again, and recently with this whole Manti Te'o and his nonexistent girlfriend dying, that reality doesn't even matter, that the story is all that counts.

What is bullshit about what he's proposing? All that Obama is trying to implement is a very sensible set of measures for a real problem people face. Please tell me what you've got a problem with.

Are you saying you DON'T want proper checks done on people buying firearms? What grounds to you have to oppose that? It's completely reasonable so you don't sell guns to people with criminal records. The other proposals are perfecting reasonable to, people who sell guns illegal should be brought to justice, and nobody can justify owning an assault weapon for self defense.

You mean that just because there are people who disagree with your personal views, that they are automatically buying propaganda? I guess your alternative is that you just do nothing and ignore the homicides and school shootings.

Might as well begin putting the news in the fiction section. I read the Onion for a reason. I can trust the Onion to fill me full of lies and make me laugh. the real news only fills me full of lies.

Oh boo hoo. You massive twat.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 13:13:19

At 1/18/13 09:27 AM, UltraHammer wrote: Ordinary school children aren't in danger of being killed?

Not at all!

Ordinary school kids are more likely to die in a school buss accident than be murdered in any capacity associated with school. Not just mroe likely, exponentially more likely.

Shit, 99% percent of the people I grew up with went through Junior high before even going to the hospital at all, let alone being assaulted or killed in a school capacity.

Schools are and have been for a long time, the SAFEST place for kiddos to be, and this was without guns on campus.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 14:21:32

At 1/18/13 04:46 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Maybe the NRA can answer why terrorists and drug cartels are allowed to buy weapons in the US due to the gun show loop hole among others.

Maybe Obama can answer why Americans can't buy assault rifles, but he's okay with selling them to Mexican drug lords

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 14:22:46

At 1/18/13 01:13 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Schools are and have been for a long time, the SAFEST place for kiddos to be, and this was without guns on campus.

What. The. Fuck.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 14:24:30

It does create a bit of hypocrisy.

Obama: You can't have assault weapons. Btw, me, my home, family, and cars are allowed to be protected by guns. You though. No guns for you.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 14:47:59

At 1/18/13 02:24 PM, LemonCrush wrote: It does create a bit of hypocrisy.

Obama: You can't have assault weapons. Btw, me, my home, family, and cars are allowed to be protected by guns. You though. No guns for you.

Did you read anything I wrote?

You have the critical faculties of a fucking child. Obama (and his kids by default) have had a list of assassination attempts made against them, and if you can't understand why his security needs are different from average americans then you are a fucking moron.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 15:02:18

At 1/18/13 02:22 PM, LemonCrush wrote: What. The. Fuck.

I know. Its hard to believe, what with the Newtown shootings making up the entirety (or almost the entirety) of murders in school in 2012... How many elemntary age students weren't killed in school last year? How many elementary age kids were killed by their parents? How many elementary age kids were killed outside of school?

So, again, how exactly are schools not the safest place for kids?

At 1/18/13 02:24 PM, LemonCrush wrote: It does create a bit of hypocrisy.

Except not.

Everyone would still be allowed to be protected by guns. The right to own firearms would still exist. So your entire point fails.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 16:22:14

At 1/18/13 02:47 PM, Fim wrote: You have the critical faculties of a fucking child. Obama (and his kids by default) have had a list of assassination attempts made against them, and if you can't understand why his security needs are different from average americans then you are a fucking moron.

What you're saying is, threats on Obama's life warrant protection with weapons, but threats to my, or my families life, does not.

His security needs are not different from anyone's. He wants his kids to not die. So does everyone else. Just because he's got a high profile family, does not permit him to special privileges, especially when he's trying to take those same privileges away from others.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 17:15:19

At 1/18/13 11:46 AM, Fim wrote:

sorry folks just woke up, I had a long night sorry for not getting back so soon

once again Assault rifles are harmless just because the look scary and looks like they kill people in droves in the media (movies, games, etc) and the fact that magazines are notorious for jamming (AR mags especially) and thatnks to obama a few million AR and pistol magazines have been bought out and that 1 MILLION+ are on Back orderd

this will do nothing to curb crime sorry Obitchy,

the ATF is highly ineffective and more trouble than there worth, they have more shit on their record, and the fact they are very intrusive with their power worries me. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Fast and Furious, Illegal seizure of firearms of firearms from people when coming out of gun shows

there it is but im not fully cohorent due to the fact I still need 3 more hours of sleep and probably made grammar errors.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 18:48:55

It's downright retarded and shows exactly whats wrong with current politics. Usually when something like this happens you disagree with a solution and come up with your own, this is downright ignoring the problem exists in the first place, which is the first step of solving a problem. Instead of arguing the solution there's merely more logical fallacies to manipulate people. Now the NRA has given its own solutions, but they themselves are horrible and don't work and the NRA knows hence why they launch desperate ads like this. How about instead of drawing yourself closer to those people who think Newtown was a hoax you try to distance yourself from them and propose an alternative.

At 1/18/13 09:01 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: all in the name for some bullshit emotional kneejerk reaction because people die and use others as scape goats (IE gun owners).

Are you talking about Newtown or this ad?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 19:04:39

At 1/18/13 06:48 PM, Warforger wrote: Are you talking about Newtown or this ad?

Using legal gun owners as scapegoats for newtown and violating gun owners rights

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 19:31:08

At 1/18/13 07:04 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Using legal gun owners as scapegoats for newtown and violating gun owners rights

But all of the guns in the major shootings were purchased legally in the jurisdiction they were used in.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 20:37:15

At 1/18/13 03:06 AM, Feoric wrote: You think this hits Obama "really really hard"? That a head of state has armed guards protecting his children? Who are high profile targets?

If they can't defend the presidents children with out guns, how you supposed to protect your own? If the police need guns to protect themselves, with all of their training and body armor, how are you supposed to protect yourself when they aren't there?

Why shouldn't average people be allowed the means to protect themselves while "important" people get more than the average person could normally afford to? are they better than us? do they deserve to live more than we do?

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 21:02:56

Are we being completely serious? Is there a hidden camera somewhere?

Are we really going to ponder why the children of the President of the United States has armed security in their schools, and why the children of Joe Schmoe from Bumblefuck, USA likely does not? Is the answer to this question not blatantly obvious?

It's not surprising to me in the least, though, especially coming from the NRA. Remember when that slippery piece of shit Wayne LaPierre tried shifting the causes of the Newton shooting on old video games? And a 10 year old flash game? From this site? They sure do help this country out a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 21:12:58

At 1/18/13 09:02 PM, Feoric wrote: Are we really going to ponder why the children of the President of the United States has armed security in their schools, and why the children of Joe Schmoe from Bumblefuck, USA likely does not? Is the answer to this question not blatantly obvious?

before Obamas kids went there there were no armed security. hmmm.

It's not surprising to me in the least, though, especially coming from the NRA. Remember when that slippery piece of shit Wayne LaPierre tried shifting the causes of the Newton shooting on old video games? And a 10 year old flash game? From this site? They sure do help this country out a lot.

the NRA protects the rights of gun owners from being infringed upon how do you think after the clinton administration congress shifted to republican control? dems got outted because they voted for AWB and 9/11 happened, plus Lapierre has a point instead of blaming gun owners and guns themselves why not look into the Social issues (Poverty, the Economy, Education, I hate to say this because i'm a hypocrite violent media. Obama should look into that instead of infringing rights when he gets a cushy security detail for the rest of his fucking life.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 21:36:30

At 1/18/13 09:02 PM, Feoric wrote: Are we really going to ponder why the children of the President of the United States has armed security in their schools, and why the children of Joe Schmoe from Bumblefuck, USA likely does not? Is the answer to this question not blatantly obvious?

Sorry, the president's life, nor the life of his children, are more important than any other Americans. He's not a king, he's a public servant, and any life is just as valuable as his.

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 21:38:06

Really Feoric? Aren't you the one usually going on about fascists controlling this country?

Response to The Nra's Anti-obama Ad 2013-01-18 21:38:57

At 1/18/13 09:38 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Really Feoric? Aren't you the one usually going on about fascists controlling this country?

LeanLifter?