00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist needed for puzzle game

834 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-18 01:49:24

I'm working on a puzzle flash game that is near completion which is in need of art, so I figured I'd post here (the Collab forum is gross and there doesn't seem to be a rule against threads like these in this forum).

The game can be described as a mix of Bejeweled and Tetris with a standard matching element thrown in. It's an arcade style game that only needs a few things done for it. Some rudimentary animation skills are needed - there will be one simple pre-rendered 3D rotation effect that could be learned in 5 minutes and a couple of 2D animated elements that require some experience - but for the most part all I need is static images. There is very little characterization - only one element has an actual personality.

The game is "Egyptian-themed" and the style I'm looking for is rather cartoony, but beyond that I'm open to hiring on a case-by-case basis.

The only things left to be made from a programming perspective are UI-oriented, and that'll take a day at most. After that, some integration with the Newgrounds API, which is an even shorter experience. Music is in the works by another person.

Compensation for your work will be 30% ad revenue. Depending on my experience with other site API's I'll wind up posting this to Kongregate/other flash sites that offer ad money. The game will have flash ads in the preloader. I've yet to see how well ad revenue pays these days, so take this as you will.

If you're interested, I can add you as a beta-tester to see the game in progress. It's an eyesore right now (which is why I'm hiring you), but as far as I can tell the programming is solid.

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-18 06:02:35

At 1/18/13 01:49 AM, FantasticAxiom wrote: I'm working on a puzzle flash game

You see! it isnt that hard to put up a decent, clear and well described request.

I just wanted say this is a solid art-request thread, which seem extremely rare (the being solid part).

Hope youll find someone soon

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-18 15:13:08

At 1/18/13 06:02 AM, Tomsan wrote: You see! it isnt that hard to put up a decent, clear and well described request.

I just wanted say this is a solid art-request thread, which seem extremely rare (the being solid part).

Hope youll find someone soon

Thanks, I tried making it as descriptive as I could.

How often do these pop up? In the audio forum it's like every single day, but I don't see any here at all.

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-19 20:00:59

At 1/18/13 03:13 PM, FantasticAxiom wrote:
How often do these pop up? In the audio forum it's like every single day, but I don't see any here at all.

often enough

this deserves a bump

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-19 21:06:45

You could try browsing people's art threads. If you would like them to work with you send them a PM with details and see if they're interested.

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-21 00:04:43

Good news (for me), the position is filled.

Response to Artist needed for puzzle game 2013-01-21 00:11:57

Dang, and I just saw this =(

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |