kind of no brainers.

SeekerFang17
SeekerFang17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 09:11:01 Reply

Handguns are more along the lines of side arms that are used for self defense more than anything else. They are smaller than most guns which makes them ideal to conceal and whip out when the time is needed. But other than that, they are fun to shoot around for recreational purposes.

Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 09:20:30 Reply

Handguns are primarily used for self-defense in the event that you or your family/friends are threatened by a criminal. It should be obvious that guns are weapons - the use of which is entirely up to the user. Your question should be more directed to ammunition type, since the bullet is the actual cause of damage.

At 1/18/13 04:01 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I prefer to think they defend you from the government. You want to hold the government accountable? Get a gun.

Yes, ever since I bought my Glock 19, I feel much safer from 30mm cannon rounds and hellfire missiles.

What are handguns really meant for?

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 09:31:50 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:20 AM, Silverdust wrote:
Yes, ever since I bought my Glock 19, I feel much safer from 30mm cannon rounds and hellfire missiles.

That is why bazookas, mortars, and grenades need to be legal for citizen use!! How can I take my child safely to school without a nuke? If everyone was armed with automatic weapons this world would be murder free!

"I have the right to shoot any person I feel like" that's straight from the constitution!!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 09:32:13 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:15 AM, MrPercie wrote: unless were talking about those hunting revolvers, I dont think you'd do so well with a 9mm berrata or glock for taking down bears and deers

you can easily do it with .40 and up but its hard as hell with medium game.

when the constitution was written, the only firearms they had was muskets and pistols so it could be argued those are the only weapons people should be allowed to arm themsevles with.

the whole "it was written in 1776" argument is complete bullshit it was mean regardless of the fact you HAVE THE RIGHT TO ARM YOURSELF, against others or your government and the fact that people, police and the military has them why can't I to protect myself from those guys much less a foreign force (the whole reason the japanese never tried a ground invasion mind you)

SeekerFang17
SeekerFang17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 09:33:05 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:20 AM, Silverdust wrote:

That is why I have learned the ways of the dark arts. Now I feel much safer from the 30 mm cannon rounds and hellfire missiles, nuclear weapons, .50 caliber rounds, musket pistol bullets, fire, thunder, the earth, water, light magic, animals, and anything else that could harm me. Trust me, once you put on that robe and wizards hat, you feel like a fucking sage, and knowing the ways of the dark arts adds to the experience because you are so powerful.

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 14:49:56 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:20 AM, Silverdust wrote: Yes, ever since I bought my Glock 19, I feel much safer from 30mm cannon rounds and hellfire missiles.

The military and the government don't always see eye-to-eye.

If you want a flip side, when Germany annexed Austria, Italy sent in their army to help out. Austrians themselves took up arms against the Italians, because Nazism was on the rise in Austria (poor Dolfuss) and drove the (albiet not very impressive) Italian army back.

No, you wont change the world with your gun, but it is a vehicle for change or for stasis.

Would you like to send our coloured cousins Home again, my friend?
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by BlueHippo. Seig heil

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 15:50:49 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:15 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 1/18/13 09:04 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: -hunting
unless were talking about those hunting revolvers, I dont think you'd do so well with a 9mm berrata or glock for taking down bears and deers

Because people only hunt bear and deer.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Animator
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 16:00:13 Reply

Obviously they were developed for self defense. If you're trying to do your job and you're out and about you probably don't want to carry around a shotgun, a rifle, etc. If you live in Alaska, or many other parts of the USA that have dangerous predators like bears, you don't want to be out chopping wood, fishing, walking to get your mail, walking to your out house etc, without something to protect yourself with. Obviously a powerful handgun is a common choice for this. There are plenty of places down South where you could be charged by a wild boar and having a handgun on you could save your life. Then of course there are criminals.

That's the problem with the USA. It's a huge place with a lot of people living all kinds of different lives. In some places guns are a vital, in other places they are less vital, but still a right. It's hard to restrict guns in one place when you don't restrict them in other places as a criminal can go to a non-restricted gun zone to get a gun, and take it to a place where guns are restricted.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 16:53:37 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:00 AM, Saen wrote:
At 1/18/13 02:45 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
Yet numerous studies and actual real life examples show the exact opposite. You can cherry pick data you want.
For example if I exclude Black Males from crime stats, HOLY CRAP where did most of our murders go?
Every black man on Earth has a dick bigger than yours.

Because you can't deny the point made. God you are shameless.
and Lul, you don't even know

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 17:42:10 Reply

There for people to make bad choices

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature
jimbobmuffincake
jimbobmuffincake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to What are handguns really meant for? 2013-01-18 18:03:46 Reply

At 1/17/13 06:36 PM, Painbringer wrote: You can't really hunt with them (there goes the hunting argument)

Yes you can, I've done it before, and my cousin too. What the hell brought that up?

ila