00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why I Raise My Children Without God

5,316 Views | 66 Replies

Here is an artical of a mom talking about why she doesn't teach her childern about god. A lot of religous people are freaking out about it. My view is that she has just as much right to teach here childern that there is no god as religous people do to teach there childern that there is a god.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-910282

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:29:02

When I have kids I'm going to teach them that most of the world believes in some creepy old school fairy tale even though it's laughably illogical, and no matter how much it creeps you out and makes you sweaty to see them all kneel before a plastic statue of a crucified dead guy, and accept it.
Because it's not going away any time soon. And if they wish to join a religious faction, well then that's disappointing and I must of have done something wrong...

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:32:58

I don't understand why this is even a news story. She wants to raise her kids as atheists/agnostics, why is that anyone else' business?

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"

-The Nightwatchman

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:34:13

More power to her.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:39:19

At 1/17/13 05:37 PM, notYert wrote: religion should be considered and treated like a mental disorder

Most people walk around in some sort of mental disorder, most of the time, don't they? Or maybe I've just been having bad luck lately.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:40:44

At 1/17/13 05:37 PM, notYert wrote: religion should be considered and treated like a mental disorder

qft

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:41:39

If I have kids I'll make sure they have at least an open mind to whatever. They can believe in whatever they want to believe in and whatnot. If they choose not to believe in God I'm okay with that. If they choose to believe in god or really any religion more power to them.

At 1/17/13 05:32 PM, PimpNFresh wrote: I don't understand why this is even a news story. She wants to raise her kids as atheists/agnostics, why is that anyone else' business?

Because the church obviously feels its their job to stick there nose where it doesn't belong.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:46:00

I'm a Christian but more open-minded than most. This lady has the right to not to believe in God. It doesn't make her a bad person.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:54:39

At 1/17/13 05:32 PM, PimpNFresh wrote: I don't understand why this is even a news story. She wants to raise her kids as atheists/agnostics, why is that anyone else' business?

That iReport section of CNN allows literally anyone to submit anything there. So it's pretty much like an opinion/editorial section of a newspaper.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:55:35

I will raise my kid to think logically and they'll just figure it out for themselves.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:58:14

Oh boy, another atheism vs. the world thread.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 17:59:31

Most of the time, atheists aren't any more smarter (or more free-thinkers) than atheists. They just grew up with different influences.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:01:07

i agree with this person

now leave me out of the religion part

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:04:35

ok thats cool

omg let us increase gif file size for gods sake

Why I Raise My Children Without God

If they set that android free it will be THE END OF ALL OF US!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:06:41

See the thing is you can raise your kids however you want. Just don't shove it in other peoples faces.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:08:29

At 1/17/13 06:07 PM, notYert wrote:
At 1/17/13 05:59 PM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: atheists aren't any more smarter (or more free-thinkers) than atheists.
hmm, yes, i am lead to believe that people tend to not be smarter than themselves, and are only equally as smart as themselves. excellent observation from mr. lionzntiggerz.

You know what I meant

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:16:59

Don't worry, her kids will find God on their own.

Mel Gibson did.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:19:03

I'd probably raise them as apatheists just to piss the rest of the family.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:50:56

At 1/17/13 06:08 PM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: You know what I meant

Sometimes I like to think that I'm smarter than even myself.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:51:50

I will let my children make their own choices, and answer any questions they may have/

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 18:53:55

At 1/17/13 06:51 PM, LemonCrush wrote: I will let my children make their own choices, and answer any questions they may have/

Sadly people who think that way are not typically dumb enough to have kids.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 19:06:04

At 1/17/13 05:54 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: That iReport section of CNN allows literally anyone to submit anything there. So it's pretty much like an opinion/editorial section of a newspaper.

This. A lot of unnecessary butthurt can be avoided by not referring to editorials as "articles." Hell, a simple "does not reflect our views" disclaimer on the page would have done CNN a favor.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 19:30:04

At 1/17/13 07:29 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/17/13 06:53 PM, Protagonist wrote: Oh wow so edgy and mature. Sure, don't teach your kids to accept others despite their beliefs and to just ignore what they don't want to believe.
He said that he'd teach them that no matter how creepy it might be, to accept it

I was gonna say exactly this but then decided to ignore it....but thanks :)

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 19:34:20

At 1/17/13 05:46 PM, mizzjuicyflava wrote: I'm a Christian but more open-minded than most. This lady has the right to not to believe in God. It doesn't make her a bad person.

same here

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 19:44:51

yep they gon gcry bout it

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 20:02:15

There is a different to raising a child with God and raising a child with the morals and general well being and care associated with teachings of God.

I was not raised to believe in God, but I was taken to church etc. it isn't so much of a religious thing as it is a development thing. My mother had no interest in trying to convert me as she herself wasn't a serious christian, but she was smart enough to still take me to such things while I was young to make sure I understood how to be a nice person etc.

Most people who claim to not teach their children God usually forget such things, and then they wonder why their children don't learn morals and are dicks to everyone. You don't need God when growing up, but you do need a figure to coax you down the right path to be a decent person.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 20:02:28

You should be treated like a mental disorder.

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 20:25:49

At 1/17/13 08:02 PM, IF-MASTER wrote:

what an excellent and witty comeback

anyway i think the mom is completely right to do this

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 21:01:04

At 1/17/13 08:25 PM, psychopathy wrote:
At 1/17/13 08:02 PM, IF-MASTER wrote:
what an excellent and witty comeback

anyway i think the mom is completely right to do this

Your mother is a mental disorder.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Raise My Children Without God 2013-01-17 21:28:08

If I ever have kids, I'd try and answer all their questions about philosophy rather than just dictate what I believe. I wouldn't want to brainwash my kid into believing in a deity or rejecting religion altogether when they can discover it for themselves and make their own choices when they're older.

My parents aren't religious but they don't give a shit, and so I grew to formulate my own opinions on theism. They'd tell me what their opinion was if I asked but they never forced it on me.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.