00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tiny question: no edit button?

657 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-11 11:55:14

There is no edit button on a topic or reply right?
just checking...

Response to tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-11 12:10:42

At 1/11/13 11:55 AM, ThunderGearINC wrote: There is no edit button on a topic or reply right?
just checking...

Nope, just be sure to double check your replies before posting.

BBS Signature

Response to tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-11 12:38:41

It has been suggested countless times by now, but I don't think the admins ever even considered adding it. It's kind of prone to abuse and it doesn't solve any real issues. You're supposed to check your post before posting and if there is something you really need to change or add you can always make a double post.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-11 13:25:29

yeah ok,
it's just that a topic of mine about recruiting teammembers for a game collaberation has out of date info on the top and may give readers the wrong idea about the game.
Or in other words. they have to read the entire topic and replys to get the correct idea what the game is now.

Guess i'll be forced to create a new topic then

Response to tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-11 16:05:23

At 1/11/13 01:25 PM, ThunderGearINC wrote: yeah ok,
it's just that a topic of mine about recruiting teammembers for a game collaberation has out of date info on the top and may give readers the wrong idea about the game.
Or in other words. they have to read the entire topic and replys to get the correct idea what the game is now.

Guess i'll be forced to create a new topic then

In situations where you're posting information that will change over time, what you can do is make a news post with all the relevant details in it and then link to it in your topic. Since you can edit news posts, it'd be possible to change the info on your blog and still have it linked to the first post of the topic, since editing the news post doesn't change the URL of the blog itself.

Response to tiny question: no edit button? 2013-01-12 06:54:28

At 1/11/13 11:55 AM, ThunderGearINC wrote: There is no edit button on a topic or reply right?
just checking...

yes, you are right. there is no (and will never have) edit button, and i don't think there will even be a preview button. no justification is needed here though because it is entirely down to the admins.

you don't have to worry about small grammatical mistakes in your posts as no one pays attention to them. think twice before posting and in case you really want to amend or clarify yourself it is okay to double post occasionally as long as you are contributing to the thread. (everyone makes mistakes after all)

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.