00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Retirement Fantasies

662 Views | 13 Replies

Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:02:12

We're all going to get old...well, the ones among us that won't die first are going to get old. You'll land a career between here and there, sure. And with your own shit to maintain and starting a family, you'll eventually retire...or get fired...or quit or suffer a horrible injury that'll...

...y'know what, Best case scenario is you'll retire...

So what then? Do you become lazy as shit, not doing anything? Do you go into an old folks home and start picking up the sweet hot white cotton candy? Or do you keep working? What would YOU do?

Me? I've always kinda fantasized about running my own arcade. If money was plentiful, maybe like a 3-part business in an arcade, LAN party section where we charge by the hour, and maybe even a bar because hey, gamers drink too.

And don't hit me with the Dave & Busters crap, because fuck those guys. Mine would be done my way...it would be a glorious hangout spot for late high school to college to adult people. The music wouldn't suck, the atmosphere would be awesome and kinda sci-fi...maybe a lounge area just for people to hangout and chat. I'd want an awesome place for people to make awesome memories at.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:04:26

retirement is for gay faggots that cant make millions before middle age

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:07:20

Regardless if I get to have my dream careers or not, I don't think I'll ever truly retire. I want to be busy and doing things, not sit around and play fucking golf.

I wouldn't want to get to the age where I'll be too weak to be active, either.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:08:00

I want to either become a professional writer or a graphic designer, both of which don't require much physical ability. I'd probably keep working, keep the money flowing and buy myself some nice shit. Big ass TVs, videogames by the truckload. It'll be awesome.

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:08:47

Hmm, I think I'd just hang tight at home, play music, have senile sex with my future wife, make games as a hobby, try to stay fit, and go to the pub a lot. I imagine it would be kinda like my life as it is now, except without the sex and pub trips... no money or girl yet, and gotta be 19 to drink legally.

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:09:59

At 1/6/13 07:08 PM, IronicMaiden wrote: keep the money flowing and buy myself some nice shit. Big ass TVs, videogames by the truckload. It'll be awesome.

maybe you won't still be a fucking juvenile at that point in time

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 19:20:01

I want to stay physically fit, so i'll take a sport as hobby.
A nice small house for myself (or maybe with my wife, but only if we really belong together.. if such a thing exists) with enough money so that i don't have to worry about my budget.
Besides sporting, starting to learn a shitload of different instruments (take lessons for them).
Get drunk with friends every once in a while.
Start writing song lyrics and maybe sing in a band or drum in a band.
Travel a lot all over the world. Have a second house somewhere on a tropical island.
And just doing whatever the fuck i want.
Oh, and prepare and execute a lot of pranks. And doing silly stuff that i'm ashamed to do now, but i hope i won't care anymore at that age.

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 21:20:55

I'm going to retire to a nice one bed, six feet under.

It's gonna' be grape flavored too.

I apologize in advance.

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 21:58:24

gotta say, i just wanna settle down somewhere quiet, where i can grow some nice herbs and live peacefully

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-06 23:40:07

By the time I retire it will be possible to put my brain in a robot.
So ya...

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-07 04:31:26

At 1/6/13 11:40 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: By the time I retire it will be possible to put my brain in a robot.
So ya...

....Shit....being a cyborg would be pretty fucking rad.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-07 09:03:00

At 1/6/13 07:02 PM, Phobotech wrote: So what then?

Well, personally I've always seen retirement as an admission of failure. This is because the way Iook at it everything that I enjoy doing should kill me. Therefore if I reach retirement I didn't party hard enough. I know it's kind of depressing in most peoples eyes but that's how I am.

Having said that I inherited a large amount of money from my dad which I have keep in a high interest account for just in case I have a "change of lifestyle" or something at some point. Basically I'm going to be good either way.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-07 09:08:32

When I retire I want to be one of those old guys who just sits in the pub all day and spends his pension money in there with the rest of his elderly chums.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Retirement Fantasies 2013-01-07 09:24:53

At 1/6/13 09:58 PM, maxxster wrote: gotta say, i just wanna settle down somewhere quiet, where i can grow some nice herbs and live peacefully

This. I'm not sure what herbs you are talking, about I will be relocating to a lovely hot, sunny climate to plant my basil and mary jane. It sounds odd but I've been having chats with my dealer and he used to grow in rural Spanish and South African farms and it sounds very serene. It's cliche, if not completely far fetched, but it'd be great to combine that with raising endangered lion cubs.

Another, more fiscally motivated idea would be to go to Amsterdam and open up my own coffee/book/art shop with a reading room in the back with easels and desks that people would be free to use.

BBS Signature