00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drums for Cubase

2,115 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drums for Cubase 2013-01-04 23:24:08

Hello all,

I just (almost) finished my setup to start creating music which I have no intention to make money from. I'm into death metal which is somewhat irrelevant, maybe not.. Anyways, I'm trying to find drums for the program Cubase. I have an audio interface, a guitar, a microphone but I can't program drums. I'll admit, I am new at this which is probably apparent right now. But is there anybody out there who obtained drums for this program with ease? I'm having a really tough time and been pounding out hours trying to figure it out,

Thank you
AJ

Response to Drums for Cubase 2013-01-05 02:24:46

At 1/4/13 11:24 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: Hello all,

I just (almost) finished my setup to start creating music which I have no intention to make money from. I'm into death metal which is somewhat irrelevant, maybe not.. Anyways, I'm trying to find drums for the program Cubase. I have an audio interface, a guitar, a microphone but I can't program drums. I'll admit, I am new at this which is probably apparent right now. But is there anybody out there who obtained drums for this program with ease? I'm having a really tough time and been pounding out hours trying to figure it out,

Thank you
AJ

A good VST is Drum kit from Hell (it's the studio kit of Meshuggah's drummer sampled) or superior drummer is pretty good too. However, if you can't program drums you can use some guitar pro files and export in midi to import in cubase and start from there.

I'm pretty sure that tracks from The faceless, Behemoth or Cannibal corpse would be a good start.

There is a lot of tutorial on youtube too.

BBS Signature

Response to Drums for Cubase 2013-01-05 09:30:36

Toontrack's EZdrummer sounds decent. But Steven Slate Drums EX is more suited to your genre, is far more customizable, and sounds WAY better for the same price as EZdrummer.

Hey check out my music! Its guitarlicious or something.... Pirate Metal! | Rock with guest Female Vocalist

Response to Drums for Cubase 2013-01-05 10:31:47

I agree with the above statement. Drumkit from hell superior 2.0 with the metal foundry expansion.
It's worth every penny just because of the cymbals. I'm not sure how the quality of the steven slate cymbals are though.
Their snares and toms etc are absolutely amazing. But if you want fully customizable ( I'm swedish ) and non processed sounds then the metal foundry is perfect. I personally think that ez drummer suck . But if you find it hard to program drums then it's perfect for you because it has alot of pre programmed drum beats that you can choose from.
Hope this helps and happy music making to you!

Response to Drums for Cubase 2013-01-05 11:53:13

Thanks folks,
I'm excited to finally put up a real song :D If anybody wants to collab I would say my strong point are my vocals. My guitar playing is almost intermediate. Power chord warrior ftw! Programming drums is going to take some getting used to.

Response to Drums for Cubase 2013-01-05 19:04:17

At 1/5/13 10:31 AM, Dimoria wrote: I agree with the above statement. Drumkit from hell superior 2.0 with the metal foundry expansion.
It's worth every penny just because of the cymbals. I'm not sure how the quality of the steven slate cymbals are though.
Their snares and toms etc are absolutely amazing. But if you want fully customizable ( I'm swedish ) and non processed sounds then the metal foundry is perfect. I personally think that ez drummer suck . But if you find it hard to program drums then it's perfect for you because it has alot of pre programmed drum beats that you can choose from.
Hope this helps and happy music making to you!

I think Steven Slate Drums 4 blow Toontrack out of the water. To my ears Slate sounds better on every comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GgFyWasP8

Again that is my ears. Some might beg to differ.

Hey check out my music! Its guitarlicious or something.... Pirate Metal! | Rock with guest Female Vocalist