00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adobe Audition and mic help

5,269 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-04 13:17:31

Hello, names Saikex. I just recently bought a quality microphone for voice acting. The model is Blue Yeti USB. It came in by mail last night.

I didn't get to play around with it much cause it was getting late, but I discovered that there's a problem linking the mic to Adobe Audition. The software recognizes there is a mic, but when I hit the record button -- nothing happens.

I'll probably play around with it tonight to figure out what's up. But in case I'm missing something, does anybody know anything about this microphone? Do I have to configure anything or change settings in Audition or my laptop?

Greatly appreciated!

Response to Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-04 13:22:16

At 1/4/13 01:17 PM, Saikex wrote: Hello, names Saikex. I just recently bought a quality microphone for voice acting. The model is Blue Yeti USB. It came in by mail last night.

I didn't get to play around with it much cause it was getting late, but I discovered that there's a problem linking the mic to Adobe Audition. The software recognizes there is a mic, but when I hit the record button -- nothing happens.

I'll probably play around with it tonight to figure out what's up. But in case I'm missing something, does anybody know anything about this microphone? Do I have to configure anything or change settings in Audition or my laptop?

Greatly appreciated!

Hey, I have had some trouble with this mic... What computer are you using? I'm not sure what it's like for PC, but on mac, you have to sometimes go into the system preferences on mac and play around with the speech settings.

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-04 13:27:40

Hey, I have had some trouble with this mic... What computer are you using? I'm not sure what it's like for PC, but on mac, you have to sometimes go into the system preferences on mac and play around with the speech settings.

I have a PC, not a Mac, unfortunately.

Response to Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-04 18:38:56

Do you get any sort of error message when you hit the record button?

I apologize in advance.

Response to Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-04 21:07:56

I'd double check in any preferences to make sure your mic is the designated recording mic.
Also, aren't you supposed to set the track to "Record" by clicking the R button on it?

I've only ever used an earlier version of Audition, so I'm only going off of what I know.

Response to Adobe Audition and mic help 2013-01-06 02:32:58

Problem solved!!!

Ok so I looked into it. What you guys were suggesting was right. First problem:

- Error message appears-- Sample Rate does not match audio device

I go to the Sound settings in Control Panel. I match the exact Sample Rate of the microphone with the output device. Second problem:

- Recording occurs, but nothing can be heard afterwards

To fix this problem, I went back to the Control Panel and I made sure the output device was selected as the 'Speakers', specifically. Then to be sure I check the Sample Rate so that it matches the microphone.

Third problem:
- Recording occurs, but nothing can be heard, again.

I'm freaking out. So I figure its a problem with Adobe. I go to Edit--Preferences--Audio Hardware. Make sure that your Default Input is set to the specific microphone and your Default Output is set to your 'Speakers'. I record again. This time I can hear everything.

Case Closed!

(Also, be sure that your sample rate settings in the Adobe software are set to match the settings of the Mic and Speakers in the Control Panel)