00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013

3,965 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 09:05:55

In a small, Bethlehemic manger, a miracle is about to take place.

Creatures and people alike travel, bound by the mutual fascination for a lone star, ready to partake in the welcoming party for what is truly to be a gift to the world for millenia to come. Some come bearing gifts, others arrive just to stand and appreciate the moment; a singular moment that will shake the foundation of society and bring light to the world.

For inside this very manger lies a selection of freshly rendered audio tracks, because for us wise men and women of the Newgrounds Secret Santa 2013 it's time to OPEN SOME PRESENTS!

Each of the links below directs you to a page where you can download your gift song.
(Please comment immediately if your link doesn't work.)

~ ~ ~
headphoamz: from camoshark
Sequenced: from headphoamz
SourJovis: from Sequenced
Jernemies: from SourJovis
JoHobo2: from Jernemies
DivoFST: from JoHobo2
SineRider: from Zuckyshow
Cocobanana: from SineRider
LyingPink: from Cocobanana
Quarl: from LyingPink
JJM121: from Quarl
eatmeetleet: from JJM121
steelside: from eatmeetleet
wandschrank: from steelside
Adam-Bellgard: from wandschrank
Yoshiii343: from Adam-Bellgard
samulis: from Yoshiii343
krssvr: from samulis
RiverK: from krssvr
Bitfrost: from EthanAlways
dem0lecule: from LichLordMusic
Gzus361: from dem0lecule
ChimeraNoise: from Gzus361
Zuckyshow: will get something extra-cool today or tomorrow from DivoFST
camoshark: from SourJovis
~ ~ ~

Unfortunate as it may be, every year there are one or two people who for some reason don't get a gift. So what I usually do is re-list them here and include what they said they wanted, so anyone who wants to make another song can help the cause. (As you can see above, someone has already started this trend. *applause*)

EthanAlways: "I dig deathcore, 8-bit/spazz type stuff"

LichLordMusic: "I'm a big sucker for stompy, hard-hitting Industrial (Aggrotech/EBM being my kind of area), but I do enjoy electronic-based tracks with lots and lots of atmosphere. While I do enjoy the vast majority of Electronic genres and I do love Metal as well (grew up listening to Black Metal), I am not a fan of Hip-Hop. Everything else is fair game."

Sorry Ethan and LichLord :(

Anyway, that wraps up the presents. Good job to everyone who participated this year! For the people who didn't but are interested now that they've seen the payoff, here is a link to this year's original thread.

See you next Christmas!

~ Stupor

Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 09:22:44

Adam, you're a lovely rascal.
Soothing, simple, and experimental-y. You've earned yourself another listener. ;)

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 09:52:11

I get an error 404 when I try to open the song made for me (by Sequenced).

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 10:58:40

Awesome track demolecule very punchy and heavy!

Sucks to see some people didn't get gifts:(
I would help out but i'm far too lazy:p

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 11:02:57

cannot open the song for eatmeetleet from JJM121
"Nothing here. The file has been deleted or removed"

I'll see if I can do something for the people that didn't get anything.
Maybe we all should make something for them.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 13:15:30

I thought I asked for a jazz song with a good melody. While the beginning did kinda sorta sound jazz-like, it soon devolved to dubstep with very little melody. I'm disappointed. :Here's the track.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 13:17:50

Dear JJM121, stop pretending that you made something because your link does not exist

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 13:20:04

At 12/25/12 01:17 PM, eatmeatleet wrote: Dear JJM121, stop pretending that you made something because your link does not exist

Check the post above you.

Sorry 'bout that. I renamed the file so it got moved. I mentioned it to Stupor as well.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 13:27:32

At 12/25/12 01:20 PM, JJM121 wrote:
At 12/25/12 01:17 PM, eatmeatleet wrote: Dear JJM121, stop pretending that you made something because your link does not exist
Check the post above you.

Sorry 'bout that. I renamed the file so it got moved. I mentioned it to Stupor as well.

Alright, you've done well. Thanks for the song

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 15:00:04

At 12/25/12 09:22 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Adam, you're a lovely rascal.
Soothing, simple, and experimental-y. You've earned yourself another listener. ;)

Good job to you too Yoshiii, I liked the track... sounds like something I would hear in some videogame. :D

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 15:07:07

At 12/25/12 03:00 PM, samulis wrote: Good job to you too Yoshiii, I liked the track... sounds like something I would hear in some videogame. :D

Thank you. You know, when I first read the PM that you were my recipient, I was like, "WELL FUCK LOL". Classical's a lot harder than it seems.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 17:27:18

At 12/25/12 09:50 AM, LichLordMusic wrote: I hope you enjoy your gift from me dem0lecule. It was my first attempt ever at a classical piece (with abit of the ol' LichLord charm thrown in) :)

I'm down for making EthanAlways some Deathcore. I have collaberated (Vocals & Mixing/Mastering) on a Brutal Death project locally to where I live so it might be slightly heavier than your standard Deathcore when I'm done with it.

That would be really cool of you. I don't mind brutal death metal or anything else you think you can dish out. I just appreciate the offer.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 17:37:39

Thanks a ton Zuckyshow! Really like what you did with the carol

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 18:02:45

At 12/25/12 05:37 PM, SineRider wrote: Thanks a ton Zuckyshow! Really like what you did with the carol

Yeah, that Christmas carol is the best I've heard so far, but I have only heard halve the songs so far.
I like the track you made also very much. Exactly what Cocobanana asked for. Ambient track with guitars with lots of feedback, pads and sound effects and I can hear the love :p

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 21:04:01

At 12/25/12 09:22 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Adam, you're a lovely rascal.

D'aww, shucks - I'm glad you like it!

Only my second edm track ever...maybe I should go pro!

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 21:11:10

wandschran Sie Meta Mann, sollte man nicht haben! ich danke Ihnen!

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 21:29:59

Going to sleep now, but I want to say this before tomorrow.

I finally got to listen to the song Sequenced made for me. It's very good. this is a working link , so everyone can hear the song.

I also enjoyed the other songs.
The songs I liked best are the one for Sinerider from Zuckyshow. That Lullaby version of Carol of the Bells was just perfect.
The song for Sequenced by Headphoamz. I like the variation in this song. Nice balance of different sounding instruments. Well mixed.
I think the song JoHobo2 made was exactly what DivoFST asked for. It reminded me of Pink Floyd, which is great.
The song of Adam-Bellgard's made by wandschrank had a very nice rythm and powerful sound.
I also liked the ones for ChimeraNoise from Gzus361, for Cocobanana from Sinerider, for Gzus361 by dem0lecule, for dem0lecule from LichLordMusic and the one for JoHobo2 by Jernemies.

The songs I made fade in comparison. But I'm still happy to be part of this.

I don't think camoshark will like the song he got from me. He specifically said "Electronica is completely out of my comfort zone", and that's exactly what I made. That's because I originally wasn't going to make a song for him. I sent in a back-up song in case not everyone would get a song, so I didnâEUTMt know he would receive it. Maybe someone else can make camoshark a nice Jazz or Ethnic song, because I'm not very good at that.

So LichLordMusic is going to make something for EthanAlways and Dem0lecule for LichLordMusic? Excelent! I'm looking forward to it. And to the song for Zuckyshow from DivoFST.

There are a couple of songs I can't download, but only stream:
Krssvr from samulis, samulis from Yoshiii343, Adam-Bellgard from wandschrank, Cocobanana from SineRider, SineRider from Zuckyshow and ofcourse the one by Sequenced.
Is there a way to download these songs? I'd really apreciate it.

Btw whatever happened to Lasse? (Or is that an off topic?)

Happy holidays everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 21:31:38

And now the link doesn't work anymore... Does this work?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9740347/synzima__faraway_place.mp3

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-25 22:10:18

The ones that end in .mp3 can be downloaded just by right-clicking then doing 'save as...'

that will work with mine, at least.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 06:19:35

At 12/25/12 09:11 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: wandschran Sie Meta Mann, sollte man nicht haben! ich danke Ihnen!

You're welcome, Frohe Weihnachten! It turned out a lot heavier than intended in the beginning (because I tried to make a light rock song), but I hope you still enjoy it! I mostly make electronic music lately, using my dusty guitars again and recording something was a great challenge.

Thanks to steelside for my song, it would make a great intro for a movie / game!

@ SourJovis: Apart from using "Save as" as mentioned above, you can (if you use Firefox) click on Settings -> Applications and choose the standard application for each file type. Simply select "Ask everytime" or "Download" instead of Quicktime / VLC / whatever.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 06:20:14

At 12/25/12 10:10 PM, samulis wrote: The ones that end in .mp3 can be downloaded just by right-clicking then doing 'save as...'

that will work with mine, at least.

Doesn't work with this computer. I'll try it on another one soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 07:54:51

At 12/25/12 01:27 PM, eatmeatleet wrote: Alright, you've done well. Thanks for the song

Thanks. It was fun building a song around the beats.

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 17:13:16

This is my first, NGASS, is it generally understood that we're going to host our gifts on NG, or does that cheapen it?
Is it case-by-case, with the recipient? Or frowned on in general?

help a brotha out

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 17:27:08

At 12/26/12 05:13 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: This is my first, NGASS, is it generally understood that we're going to host our gifts on NG, or does that cheapen it?

help a brotha out

I upload my Secret Santa songs on NG & mention for whom it was made in the description. :)

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 20:17:52

At 12/26/12 05:13 PM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: This is my first, NGASS, is it generally understood that we're going to host our gifts on NG, or does that cheapen it?

That's okay. You can do whatever you want with your song now. This is what Stupor said in the other thread.

At 12/5/12 02:23 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:13 PM, SourJovis wrote: @Stupor Is it okay to make the song you made for this project available for the general public after a couple of months into the next year?
Yes. In fact, you can do whatever you want with the song starting Christmas day.

See?

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-26 20:19:56

Haha yay! This was fun to do!

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-27 04:13:24

At 12/25/12 01:15 PM, JJM121 wrote: I thought I asked for a jazz song with a good melody. While the beginning did kinda sorta sound jazz-like, it soon devolved to dubstep with very little melody. I'm disappointed. :Here's the track.

Dude, you didn't ask for jazz at all.

At 11/30/12 09:45 AM, JJM121 wrote:
Melody is the most important factor in a song for me. It must have a beautiful melody that captures your imagination. Even though I'm more used to classical or semi-classical, any genre would be fine as long as it has a good underlying melody. A slow, emotional track or a fast-paced track, anything is fine.

You're getting coal next year.

In anycase thank lyingpink! I loved the arrangement. Cool drums :D

quarl BandCamp

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-27 05:54:29

At 12/27/12 04:13 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/25/12 01:15 PM, JJM121 wrote: I thought I asked for a jazz song with a good melody. While the beginning did kinda sorta sound jazz-like, it soon devolved to dubstep with very little melody. I'm disappointed. :Here's the track.
Dude, you didn't ask for jazz at all.

At 11/30/12 09:45 AM, JJM121 wrote:
Melody is the most important factor in a song for me. It must have a beautiful melody that captures your imagination. Even though I'm more used to classical or semi-classical, any genre would be fine as long as it has a good underlying melody. A slow, emotional track or a fast-paced track, anything is fine.

I did ask. Check a few posts below my original post. But in any case, I knew that second post might be missed so I asked Stupor if he mentioned it. He said he did.

You lied to me, Stupor. :/

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-27 08:23:55

@JJM121 It's just nice when someone makes something specially for you. Jazz is just a very difficult genre to do, especially for people who are used to making electronic music. and Quarl didn't even know you wanted jazz. You can always listen to the other songs. Maybe you'll like some of those.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngass - Present Unwrapping! 2013 2012-12-27 12:49:22

At 12/27/12 08:23 AM, SourJovis wrote: @JJM121 It's just nice when someone makes something specially for you. Jazz is just a very difficult genre to do, especially for people who are used to making electronic music. and Quarl didn't even know you wanted jazz. You can always listen to the other songs. Maybe you'll like some of those.

I'm not really complaining. I only got annoyed that even though I asked for jazz, the genre was something else entirely. But it isn't Quarl's fault (only Stupor's!).

Thanks for the gift man. ^^