00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is this good or bad parenting?

3,111 Views | 35 Replies

Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 11:57:55

I understand that it's good to be strict at times, but doesn't this border on abuse? After all the kid is being humiliated for something that could have been pretty minor. I mean, what kid doesn't have a bratty moment in their life?

Is this good or bad parenting?

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:00:22

lol church

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:04:38

Hell he should be more appreciative next time. He got a ps3 and an action figure. Not most kids can even get one of those things.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:10:48

Well, atleast they referred to it as an action figure rather than a doll.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:14:49

This needs to happen more.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:15:08

At 12/23/12 11:57 AM, PrincessLuna wrote: I understand that it's good to be strict at times, but doesn't this border on abuse?

NO! Fuck the little brat (not literally), kids are way too spoilt nowadays. I would have smashed the PS3 over his head, the ungrateful shit. I don't think I have ever spent the amount of money that would have cost on anybody other then myself and don't want that to change. Get your own money buy your own shit, if you're too young to work don't mooche off me I don't care if you came from my balls.

These are some of the reasons that I never want kids.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:51:22

At 12/23/12 12:15 PM, Decky wrote: NO! Fuck the little brat (not literally), kids are way too spoilt nowadays. I would have smashed the PS3 over his head, the ungrateful shit.

And after beating him up, do fuck him literally. Merry Christmas!

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 12:59:35

If you have to ask, there's a problem.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 13:02:10

To hell with 9gag

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 15:35:57

This is in no way abuse. Why would taking a PS3 be abuse? He doesn't need it to live. It's not vital to his survival. Hell, if more parents were like this the world would be a better place.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 15:39:35

I think it's wrong to make him hold up a written out statement like that and have it put on the internet. There's something instinctively repulsive about that. Sure the initial plan to ensure he learns gratitude is okay; refund main present and buy toys for the poor. He might even remember that fondly when he's older? But this is rather twisted, straight up humiliation of a child has never done anything but damage them.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 15:48:26

Alright, I understand taking back the PS3, but why post this on the internet? The kid could ridiculed at school for this. Who posted this up?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 19:20:25

It's not abuse, but it damn sure isn't necessary. Also, define "ungrateful", what did he do? Start fucking screaming and crying?

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 19:50:40

Video games make children grow up to be violent so more PS3's should be taken away. I agree with the people here saying it was good parenting.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 19:58:13

They are both wrong in my opinion. The kid was wrong for being unappreciative of the gifts he was given, and the mother was wrong for giving him such a harsh punishment over something simple.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:12:49

This is (in my honest opinion) the parents themselves being bratty. By that, I mean completely abusing their power. It's a Christmas gift, for fuck's sake. There are MUCH better ways to punish him.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:17:50

He doesn't have to be grateful, but he should at least fake appreciation.
Who tells their kid what he's getting for Christmas anyways?

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:25:05

Perhaps punishing him somehow would be good, but the fact that they're showing him the gift, telling him he won't get it, making him buy other kids toys, and then publicly humiliating him makes me feel sorry for the poor kid.

I remember I said a lot of selfish things when I was a young kid at christmas, but to think that publicly humiliating your child is ever right just bugs me.

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:29:10

At 12/23/12 12:04 PM, Boomstick wrote: Hell he should be more appreciative next time. He got a ps3 and an action figure. Not most kids can even get one of those things.

Agreed my parents would never have bought me a 300 dollar christmas present at that age.

PSN: BLADEZGUY

Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0

Army Rangers

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:47:27

I understand that he was being ungrateful and taking his PS3 and toys away would have been a fair punishment, but I think putting this on the Internet, you know where predators and other people that could cause potential harm to him is pretty stupid in my opinion!

Oh wait its 9gag thats not surprising in any way!

What were you expecting?

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:51:21

At 12/23/12 12:08 PM, thecoolkillerwhale wrote:
At 12/23/12 12:04 PM, Boomstick wrote: Hell he should be more appreciative next time. He got a ps3 and an action figure. Not most kids can even get one of those things.
I totally agree.

Thirded.

I think it's actually some good parenting, teaching a kid to be thankful, that's how it should be done. Kudos to the parents for the creative way of instilling that ideal.

I know as a kid, if I wasn't good with what I had, I'd lose it, I had to buy my gamecube twice. Now I take nothing for granted.

The only issue is that they should not post that online, THAT is pretty cruel.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 20:56:43

I hope the parents just made the kid do that photo and once he apologised let him have his PS3 back. I wouldn't call it bad parenting but it definitely is not good parenting. Like someone said, we all have brattish moments but we learn from them, you don't take someone greater away from the child just because they didn't appreciate what they had been given that one time.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 21:19:54

I can understand why they did what they did, but I just don't get the point of taking a picture and posting it on the internet.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 21:21:15

Hell no that's pretty awesome! Parents should learn from it

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 22:44:00

Captain America is a shit super hero, he was correct to not enjoy it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 22:48:45

The fact that the parents would post this kind of stuff on the Internet is pretty shameful in itself. If you're going to teach a kid something, then do it in private, not in front of the world who will probably make fun of him for the rest of his life, and eventually pass the blame on the parents. I don't necessarily have a problem in the lesson itself, {unless this is a joke on their part} but the way they put it on the web is reprehensible.

That's as stupid as those parents who put placards on their kids for doing something wrong. Even kids need to be treated with some dignity, unless they want to cut off all contact with their parents in the future, it's no wonder why so many of them are screwed up when they are older.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 23:09:49

What...this is more than bad...i mean why would they resell his Ps3 because he wasn't grateful for an action figure?
i just can't take that seriously, even if you are religious that's a bit...tragic...

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 23:19:45

If they can afford a PS3, why would they be getting free toys (the action figure) at the church?

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-23 23:33:50

lel @ 9gag

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Is this good or bad parenting? 2012-12-24 00:02:29

I feel a little bad for him I mean I was spoiled when I was a pre-teenager and I could have ended up worse