00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Leveling up by voting on art/audio

721 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have been wondering this for a long whiles but why can't we level up from voting on art or music? Hell even if they got their own levels that would be cool but the art and audio portal could use the boast in popularity since both get a lot less voters than the movie and game section.

"Blacken the Sun"

BBS Signature

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2012-12-23 04:17:48

Seconded!

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2012-12-23 05:12:11

This has been brought up a lot in the past. But the main focus of this site is the flash portal. So, as sad as it is, we can only level up by voting on flashes. Even thouhg I would really like to be able to get my Exp by voting on audio and/or art.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2013-04-02 13:10:24

whatcha mean "we can only"?? it's not like they can't change it, that brings much less motivation to actually review or rate songs...or get any attention towards them for that matter.

Even if one were to just come out and say "if you don't like it...*insert useless sassy snappy couunter*, I still want to point out that no matter how you look at it, having a level up/experiance point does add to the fun of participation...why would music and art be allowed if so many aspects are limited?

In fact, even audio advertising...I would totally not mind having threads STARTED by people wanting to promote their music with some feedback by those interested and talking about it, rather than a million page long thread (proof of that being I check those locked up topics from those who don't know the rules yet, seeing as they take the time to make it nice n cosy before the thread gets locked up) -_-, rather than jut technical stuff that's borderline boring to participate in D:.

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2013-04-02 13:15:44

At 4/2/13 01:10 PM, Axel7 wrote: whatcha mean "we can only"?? it's not like they can't change it

Of course the staff could change it. But that doesn't mean that they will do it.

In fact, even audio advertising...I would totally not mind having threads STARTED by people wanting to promote their music with some feedback by those interested and talking about it,

Yeah, good idea. Let's clog up the audio forum with millions of threads that get bumbed every few seconds. :/

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2013-04-02 13:18:01

whatcha mean "we can only"?? it's not like they can't change it, the fact that we don't gain anything brings much less motivation to actually review or rate songs...or get any attention towards them for that matter...

Even if one were to just come out and say "if you don't like it...*insert useless sassy snappy couunter*, I still want to point out that no matter how you look at it, having a level up/experiance point does add to the fun of participation...why would music and art be allowed if so many aspects are limited?

In fact, even audio advertising...I would totally not mind having threads STARTED by people wanting to promote their music with some feedback by those interested and talking about it, rather than a million page long thread (proof of that being I check those locked up topics from those who don't know the rules yet, seeing as they take the time to make it nice n cosy before the thread gets locked up) -_-, rather than jut technical stuff that's borderline boring to participate in D:.

Response to Leveling up by voting on art/audio 2013-04-02 13:23:54

At 4/2/13 01:15 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/2/13 01:10 PM, Axel7 wrote: whatcha mean "we can only"?? it's not like they can't change it
Of course the staff could change it. But that doesn't mean that they will do it.

In fact, even audio advertising...I would totally not mind having threads STARTED by people wanting to promote their music with some feedback by those interested and talking about it,
Yeah, good idea. Let's clog up the audio forum with millions of threads that get bumbed every few seconds. :/

I'm saying that there isn't quite as much in the audio forum that makes it participation worthy, and it is one of many millions of user's opinions

also...a--durr...well, maybe through enough users requesting it, they might change it eventually

also, fuck, sorry for that double post, my internet gets weird