00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DashXero just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to Procrastinate.

589 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to Procrastinate. 2012-12-10 19:54:08

Just to make things clear, I don't want to know how to procrastinate. I need to know what to do in the case that one has procrastinated.

Anyways, I was given this School project I had to make a couple of weeks ago. We could have choose any form of multimedia to present our materials. For some reason, I decided to choose Flash as my media. The only problem is, I've waited to the last minute to voice act and animate. The biggest problem is that it's due tomorrow and time is short. I've already written a script so at least that's out of the way.

I wondering if people had any advice for finishing an animation in a half-assed manor while simultaneously making the animation look half decent.

I'm a noob.

Response to How to Procrastinate. 2012-12-11 03:05:11

I wondering if people had any advice for finishing an animation in a half-assed manner while simultaneously making the animation look half decent.

Animation will always look a lot worse if you don't spend as much time on it.

But you can get away with not actually animating at all but still making it seem like there's movement.
Animes and stuff seem to do it a lot. Where there's just a still image with a slow tween or something.
I'd say that's your best bet. So it's kinda like a comic, but with small things animated.
Blinking, or something blowing in the wind. With big movements not shown.

Seeing as you posted this 7 hours ago though, it's probably already too late though.
So sucks for you, don't put shit off next time.

Response to How to Procrastinate. 2012-12-13 05:51:23

At 12/10/12 07:54 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Just to make things clear, I don't want to know how to procrastinate.

Alot of animators could actually give you advice on that..

I wondering if people had any advice for finishing an animation in a half-assed manor while simultaneously making the animation look half decent.

Either tween the hell out of it or work on 2s and generally use less frames for movements when appropriate. It will look half-assed to other animators and movie makers but people who don't dabble in that field won't notice it as much. Good art can also save an otherwise barely animated movie depending on the audience. Just make sure your cartoon isn't just still art with mouths moving.

Anyways, since your deadline is over already how did it everything work out?

BBS Signature

Response to How to Procrastinate. 2012-12-16 17:51:28

At 12/13/12 05:51 AM, kmau wrote:
Anyways, since your deadline is over already how did it everything work out?

Since my teacher wasn't judging my artwork, I went ahead and just story boarded everything. (it was 8 minutes long o.0 )
To compensate for my laziness, I simply abused movie clips and made the characters move their arms whenever they talked. Lots of internet references/jokes/puns. At least my friends found it amusing.

Maybe I'll find some time and finish it over winter break.

I'm a noob.