Be a Supporter!

Meat is Murder

  • 4,780 Views
  • 108 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
NOTunowned
NOTunowned
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 11:10:56 Reply

At 12/7/12 02:09 AM, Xenomit wrote: they've never affected me.

haha what an idiot

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 12:17:49 Reply

At 12/7/12 12:11 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:04 PM, o0-0o wrote: Fortunately there is a movement to eat less meat.

http://www.mfablog.org/2012/12/new-report-us-demand-for-meat -to-drop-dramatically-in-2013.html
Fortunately vegetarians are still a major minority and no one really cares about what dumbass demands they have because people are still gonna eat meat

Less doesn't mean no meat. If you've actually taken in anything that was said here and now spewed out the same auto-response like a bot you'd know by now that I care about sustainability meaning people eating less meat and not no meat.

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 12:25:08 Reply

At 12/7/12 12:21 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:17 PM, o0-0o wrote: Less doesn't mean no meat. If you've actually taken in anything that was said here and now spewed out the same auto-response like a bot you'd know by now that I care about sustainability meaning people eating less meat and not no meat.
I'm gonna go in the kitchen and make a few sandwiches. Maybe a turkey sandwich or two, a reuben, slice a chicken breast thin and use that in a sandwich.

Good for you, clearly vegetarianism is not what you have an issue with. You are clearly an obese fuck who is consuming more than you actually put back into this world and you are just bashing anyone who can follow a healthier diet that you well because you are an obese fuck with no will power.

My personal rule of thumb is, if you consume more energy than what work/production you put back into the world. Then you are a leech.

Oh remember that food pyramid we were taught back in the day. If everyone followed that guideline I'm sure a lot of people will be cutting some meat off their diet.

icecreammac
icecreammac
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Reader
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 12:32:59 Reply

Guys, exchanging insults like this isn't making a good case for either side and will definitely not convince someone to switch sides. I say we live and let live; let people eat what they want to eat. They're paying for the food, so what does anyone else care what someone eats. What we eat is nobody else's business, so let's leave people alone about what they eat.


I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 13:26:07 Reply

At 12/7/12 02:09 AM, Xenomit wrote: It's a fact of the industry. But I don't see what the big deal with them is, they've never affected me.

How do you know? The govt lets them hide and secret effects of it, and in many cases, the effects of GMO's haven't even been fully studied.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 13:29:43 Reply

At 12/7/12 12:25 PM, o0-0o wrote:
Oh remember that food pyramid we were taught back in the day. If everyone followed that guideline I'm sure a lot of people will be cutting some meat off their diet.

The food pyramid also says that grain is a staple part of a diet.

Get that shit out of here.

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 22:18:51 Reply

At 12/7/12 01:51 AM, Shauna wrote:

I enjoy seeing someone have their panties all up in a bunch over a comment I made. I didn't say meat gave you cancer. I just simply asked have you ever met a vegan who had it. Most vegans eat products that don't contain any GMOs so they do infact live much healthier lifestyles and are very much not prone to illnesses.

Making up a trend based on personal observation with no evidence backing it up whatsoever is how to come to false conclusions. Most vegans eat products that don't contain GMO's? Meat is not genetically modified so I don't understand what you're getting at. GMO's are another HUGE misconception among the public that does need to be addressed, probably in another thread.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-07 22:56:28 Reply

just came back from the diner. had a nice big cheeseburger, well done, just the way I like it.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Agitat0r
Agitat0r
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 00:17:00 Reply

At 12/7/12 01:26 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 12/7/12 02:09 AM, Xenomit wrote: It's a fact of the industry. But I don't see what the big deal with them is, they've never affected me.
How do you know? The govt lets them hide and secret effects of it, and in many cases, the effects of GMO's haven't even been fully studied.

I wonder why gov should hide the effects of GMO. More like those sneaky scientists would do this better. After all of ones hide something, more likely everyone would be affect by it.

I love meats, fuck OP.


Guide to Music Production
One of the things that I love about technology is that what pushes it up against the boundary of physics, so whatever works, works. ~ Hans Zimmer

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 03:57:00 Reply

At 12/7/12 10:25 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:25 PM, o0-0o wrote: My personal rule of thumb is, if you consume more energy than what work/production you put back into the world. Then you are a leech.
WORTHLESS, DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING WHO SHOULD ROT IN HELL

it's just an argument over lifestyle choices man calm down

Sorry was that too real for you guys?

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 12:34:47 Reply

If you are religious most religions teach that consuming the flesh is okay.
If you follow evolution you'd understand what an omnivore is and how we evolved with the natural ability to eat anything.
If you look at history humanity would never of made it past the stone age without meat. The mental development of humans was stimulated by the consumption of meat.

If however you feel you are not morally okay with the consumption of animal flesh, that is all good. Don't eat meat.

:D

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 12:37:27 Reply

At 12/7/12 10:45 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/7/12 10:18 PM, Saen wrote: response to shauna
And here we have a prime example of taking things too seriously. I shudder to think how you act face to face with social skills like yours.

My job in the field of science is to dispel false notions and bring in the facts through example and experimentation. On top of this I actually care a little about how others treat their bodies. I've had plenty of vegetarian friends and being in the biology department I come across many vegetarian college students and I'm used to debating with them. I'm not very talented at texting and my arguments in writing definitely come across as quite serious. Other than that I'm quite comfortable and gifted with my social skills and interactions few students involved in hard science actually have.

Nutrition is not my field of interest or study, but I do still care about the human condition. In order to maintain the normal nutrient intake levels a person would obtain through a balanced diet of meat vegetables, etc., a vegetarian must take extensive steps to make up for the lack of nutrient intake. The truth is most don't and that's why it's such a risky commitment.

Agitat0r
Agitat0r
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 13:12:24 Reply

At 12/8/12 12:34 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
If however you feel you are not morally okay with the consumption of animal flesh, that is all good. Don't eat meat.

There is a reason this thread hit page 5 or 6. OP apparently is a moralfag that sounds like he/she never consumed a meat product in his/her life. OP is full retarded. However, the rest of posters (included me) are 2 time more retarder. Everyone fought back with their arguments that nonetheless good or idiotic. Now we even have shit like GMO to argue, all thanked to Xenomit.


Guide to Music Production
One of the things that I love about technology is that what pushes it up against the boundary of physics, so whatever works, works. ~ Hans Zimmer

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 13:16:42 Reply

At 12/8/12 01:12 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 12/8/12 12:34 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
If however you feel you are not morally okay with the consumption of animal flesh, that is all good. Don't eat meat.
There is a reason this thread hit page 5 or 6. OP apparently is a moralfag that sounds like he/she never consumed a meat product in his/her life. OP is full retarded. However, the rest of posters (included me) are 2 time more retarder. Everyone fought back with their arguments that nonetheless good or idiotic. Now we even have shit like GMO to argue, all thanked to Xenomit.

I'd rather not get into the GMO discussion. But my personal view is it must be nice to live somewhere where not eating GMOs is an available luxury, as opposed to starvation.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-08 18:10:58 Reply

In a place where food is never an issue I suppose it must be "easy as fuck." It is a wonder so many vegetarians are suffering from malnutrition though.

NOTunowned
NOTunowned
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-09 01:19:07 Reply

i hope you get e coli or listeria from your vegetables you fuckin lunatic

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-09 03:04:01 Reply

I rather die eating tasty meat than eating a shitty only plan-eating diet. Now shut the fuck up.


This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Meat is Murder 2012-12-09 03:25:31 Reply

At 12/4/12 10:17 PM, Ononymous wrote: So, NGers, why aren't y'all vegetarians yet?

because that is the name of a smiths album so your point is null.


BBS Signature