00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion

3,226 Views | 53 Replies

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 17:54:39

Yeah you made a thread complaining about it shut the fuck up already.

I am not complaining I was just discussing it

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 18:59:19

I enjoy being in a relationship. Too bad my hand is the only relationship I'm in as of right now.

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 19:05:05

At 11/18/12 06:59 PM, NerdLiife wrote: I enjoy being in a relationship. Too bad my hand is the only relationship I'm in as of right now.

sad day....

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 19:17:26

Well, I might have mentioned this in another thread, but I kinda have a slogan for describing my relationship status: "Girlfriend-free since '93." This doesn't mean that I don't care about relationships, it's just that I've never been in one.

I never know how to make those steps from being a good friend with someone of the opposite sex to being in a relationship with them. And most of the people I've thought about dating already have boyfriends, so I really can't do much about that.

Although, the night before I graduated high school earlier this year, I did ask one of my closest friends if she would want to go on a date with me sometime in the future. She agreed, but she was giggling whenever I brought it up. I'm not sure what that means, but I think I'm making progress on overcoming my shyness. Sort of.

Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 19:21:00

Although, the night before I graduated high school earlier this year, I did ask one of my closest friends if she would want to go on a date with me sometime in the future. She agreed, but she was giggling whenever I brought it up. I'm not sure what that means, but I think I'm making progress on overcoming my shyness. Sort of.

just be nice and whatnot

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 19:55:25

At 11/18/12 07:54 PM, notYert wrote: im in love atm but im not sure if i actually want to pursue a relationship with her because she happens to be one of my closest friends ever what should i do newgrounds please give me your wisdom

haave sex with her

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-18 20:00:22

haave sex with her
kk thanks for helping me through this difficult situation newgrounds

your welcome if that doesn't work buy her flowers or a dildo

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 01:52:09

I somehow always end up in long relationships. I've had 3 pretty serious ones, two of them being over two years long.

Idk why, I guess I just enjoy relationships. Maybe it's the companionship or something.

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 02:14:11

My huge issue with typical relationships is that rush couples have to "fall in love". Kids fall into a relationship in highschool and before you know it they're planning for the future and marriage for God's sake! The cycle starts all over again in college, it's absurd, couples claiming love and talking marriage in a month of dating.

Through all of my experience, I prefer my relationship status now. I have a fling outside of town, I can satisfy my craving of rough passionate sex, thoughtful conversations, and basically enjoying myself while she's accompying me. I don't worry about texting, love, or "our future". I just don't see any benefit of rushing into a relationship.

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 02:16:25

Had a long term relationship. Moved into an apartment with her, and we quickly got annoyed with one another. I was the only one working, and her insecurities were compromising everything it seemed. After her and I broke up (for the fourth or fifth time or something) and I abandoned the apartment, I've learned the advantages of being single. I keep my eye out for a woman who's not carrying so much baggage it'll bog me down, but at the moment I'm just focusing on myself. It's not only easier, cheaper, but actually a helluva lot less stressful. "The man who wants nothing is invincible."

Granted, that shit's going to expire as I get older...at the moment I'm content.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 02:28:56

Society has a very unhealthy perspective of relationships. To me, sex and romance are merely an extension of an existing friendship. The idea that asking for something intimate with someone is awkward is just as stupid as it being awkward to invite someone with you to go skydiving when they haven't before. It's just a new activity. Seriously.

I think the biggest factor that makes relationships so dramatic is this dumb idea we have of monogamy. Putting some dumb rule on a relationship to make it 'special' doesn't do anything other than give you an extra reason to break up, and an extra rule to abide by.

Right now I'm technically single. I do enjoy spending time with people in what someone might call an 'intimate relationship' but I seem to have the absolute worst luck when it comes to that kind of stuff. Either people are never available, they're completely incompatible, or some ridiculously unlikely scenario makes building a relationship extremely difficult and stressful (right now is one of those times, although I don't care how difficult it is, it's worth it a million times over).

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 10:42:14

At 11/18/12 04:15 AM, TheTruth34 wrote: how many of you actually enjoy being in a relationship?

I actually enjoyed being in a relationship so much that I convinced her to get a Newgrounds account and join me in London for a meet.

Shame that she didn't share the same ideals as me, as we're no longer together...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 10:44:31

At 11/18/12 08:00 PM, TheTruth34 wrote:

haave sex with her
kk thanks for helping me through this difficult situation newgrounds
your welcome if that doesn't work buy her flowers or a dildo

And a penicorn

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 12:13:07

At 11/19/12 10:42 AM, Coop wrote:
At 11/18/12 04:15 AM, TheTruth34 wrote: how many of you actually enjoy being in a relationship?
I actually enjoyed being in a relationship so much that I convinced her to get a Newgrounds account and join me in London for a meet.

Shame that she didn't share the same ideals as me, as we're no longer together...

And one would've think Newgrounds could corrupt any one's mind to make us think as one, serving our overlord Wadolf...

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 14:21:17

At 11/19/12 12:13 PM, Slint wrote:
At 11/19/12 10:42 AM, Coop wrote: Shame that she didn't share the same ideals as me, as we're no longer together...
And one would've think Newgrounds could corrupt any one's mind to make us think as one, serving our overlord Wadolf...

I wonder if I could get someone female in the NG community, who is willing to serve Wadolf?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 14:31:22

At 11/19/12 02:21 PM, Coop wrote:
I wonder if I could get someone female in the NG community, who is willing to serve Wadolf?

I don't know about serve Wadolf but I'm sure there are some.. accommodating females amongst the NG ranks. So you wouldn't scare them off with your addiction to this place which was probably too extreme for normal ladies.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 14:37:47

At 11/19/12 02:31 PM, Gagsy wrote:
I don't know about serve Wadolf but I'm sure there are some.. accommodating females amongst the NG ranks. So you wouldn't scare them off with your addiction to this place which was probably too extreme for normal ladies.

Normal is boring anyways.

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 16:42:06

At 11/19/12 02:56 PM, Cootie wrote: It has been about a year since I last had a GF and she was clingy so I dumped her after two days. I would rather just hang out with girls and keep my freedom. Something about giving them the title of girlfriend always seems to change them.

yeah I know what you mean.

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 17:00:58

At 11/19/12 02:56 PM, Cootie wrote: Something about giving them the title of girlfriend always seems to change them.

I guess someone said that about me too once upon a time, too. But then again I was young and pretty naive, when you're still in your teens every single thing about that seems larger than life, and by that I'm talking about silly things we think such as - where is he? is he gonna call me? I wonder if he misses me? - etc. Any girl that says never thought of that is lying, we've all been there and sadly that anxiety always comes out pretty damn wrong.

Not that it does any good for anyone either way. But when you're that young I guess you do need someone to go ahead and crush those unrealistic expectations and validate every stupid thing you think about yourself just so you can cut the crap and focus on the real things, like you know, actually spending time with the one you like and enjoying it without thinking "what ifs".

I just realized that I keep coming back to this thread and the last female posting here besides me was xxxcreep, and she posted like 2 pages ago ; ;

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 17:32:56

I just realized that I keep coming back to this thread and the last female posting here besides me was xxxcreep, and she posted like 2 pages ago ; ;

haha awesome I am glad we had a girls point of view on this

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 18:04:14

At 11/19/12 05:32 PM, TheTruth34 wrote:

haha awesome I am glad we had a girls point of view on this

Well, I've grown pretty biased and cynical on a lot of different things. Specially when it comes to relationships, so don't take whatever I say as a standard point of view from what a sane normal girl would think.

Hoping other girls would care to join the discussion.

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-19 18:11:10

Hoping other girls would care to join the discussion.

I wish I would love to hear their opinions and thanks for following me:)

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-20 10:34:30

At 11/19/12 02:31 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/19/12 02:21 PM, Coop wrote: I wonder if I could get someone female in the NG community, who is willing to serve Wadolf?

I daresay that when the London meet rolls around, you will be told in no small detail the directions to my room ;)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Girlfriend/Boyfri end discussion 2012-11-20 11:02:31

At 11/18/12 10:23 AM, Slint wrote: you're a pathetic omega

Damn.

BBS Signature