00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just a Collaboration Idea...

510 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 14:19:52

now me and a friend have been discussing new collaboration ideas... now I can't use this stuff to save my life but i thought it was a cool idea for us to discuss ideas.

our idea is simple but i would say HARD to pull off.

What our idea is that if we start to make a Storyboard that we want the story to be about and separate it into x amount of times for how many people we want to join in on this.

the plan is simple. make a single segment (No loading or going back to menu to select a different collaboration) but one whole story but made with different art styles that the member uses. example, you could have Egoraptor with his famous art style, but for the next scene you could use Harry Patridge with his unique art style and so forth. but the only major flaw is sharing the RAW data with the main user rather then m

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 15:47:19

Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 15:53:22

At 11/17/12 03:47 PM, tohoscope wrote: Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

That would be boring as shit to watch.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 17:20:04

At 11/17/12 03:53 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/17/12 03:47 PM, tohoscope wrote: Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

Really? Why? Care to explain?

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 22:56:27

At 11/17/12 09:00 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 11/17/12 05:20 PM, tohoscope wrote:
At 11/17/12 03:53 PM, Jomillex wrote:
Really? Why? Care to explain?
I think he means the "Seeing the same scene" part. I'd probably find it moderately entertaining, at most. Seeing the different styles is a good idea, but by the 3rd animation, it would get pretty predictable.

i'm not talking about the same scene. think of a anime. from start to finish. it's all one art style. but what if every 10 seconds or so the art style changes to a different person. this is what my idea is. everyone collaberating together to make one long animation.

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-18 13:26:56

Here's a project that does exactly what you're talking about.

Night of the Living Dead Re-animated

Instead of working from a storyboard they took a public domain movie and divided up the scenes.

Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-18 17:37:53

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature