00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Boycott Papa Johns

8,920 Views | 148 Replies

Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 17:50:57

The idiot who owns Papa Johns says that he is going to cut hours of his employees because of Obamacare. Now he's not the only GOP nutjob CEO who's doing this, but he is the most prominent.

He's a private businessman. He has the right to do whatever he wants. But making a public scene about what should be a private matter and trying to connect it directly to the President is such a loser move... dude, all these old, dying white men are really just mad that their daughters are having sex with non-white people and browning up the country.

Pizza grease and sex. I can't think of a better topic, especially when they are used together. Yum.

I'm boycotting Papa Johns.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 18:56:08

The OP is clearly using propaganda to benefit his own personal opinions on how things should be run and to that I say get real man you are not fooling anyone so step down and take a bow you are not special and neither is papa jons. Also Papa Johns I might add is in action 700Km from the Cabadian/American Boarder so WTF is Papa Johns doing in Canada when it is American owned ? same couls be said for most companies in Canada tho ... PS When I order out I get Pizza73 FTW ! IMO.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 19:49:29

At 11/15/12 06:56 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The OP is clearly using propaganda to benefit his own personal opinions on how things should be run and to that I say get real man you are not fooling anyone so step down and take a bow you are not special and neither is papa jons. Also Papa Johns I might add is in action 700Km from the Cabadian/American Boarder so WTF is Papa Johns doing in Canada when it is American owned ? same couls be said for most companies in Canada tho ... PS When I order out I get Pizza73 FTW ! IMO.

Good God your grammar is atrocious, never mind your complete ignorance that Papa John's has restaurants in Mexico, Canada and in Britain as well. Maybe if you do some ACTUAL research for once, you would figure it out, but alas, I know that you never do.

Anyways, this is simply another CEO who hates Obamacare, and is now going to take it out on his employees like that. Not that I'm a fan of Obamacare myself, but this gives me another reason why I'll stick to Pizza Hut.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 19:52:40

I've been boycotting them for years.

Their pizza is expensive, not that good, and give me really bad heartbun at a much higher rate than the other places. Haven't had the stuff since college.

Pizza is better. Little Caesar's is much cheaper. Dominos is cheaper. Papa Murphy's is cheaper AND better (with the small downside of having to heat the pizza yourself).

On top of that, there are numerous good local joints I like. Pizza Schmizza is still worlds better, even after they sold out. Pagliacci's up in Seattle is just plain better. Northlake Pizza in Seattle has perhaps the best pizza in the world.

Why would I even go for Papa Johns at all when they are so inferior?

I would have to say the "scumbag Papa Johns" and "Good Guy Little Caesar's" memes are pretty good though.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 19:56:47

At 11/15/12 07:49 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 11/15/12 06:56 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The OP is clearly using propaganda to benefit his own personal opinions on how things should be run and to that I say get real man you are not fooling anyone so step down and take a bow you are not special and neither is papa jons. Also Papa Johns I might add is in action 700Km from the Cabadian/American Boarder so WTF is Papa Johns doing in Canada when it is American owned ? same couls be said for most companies in Canada tho ... PS When I order out I get Pizza73 FTW ! IMO.
"never mind your complete ignorance that Papa John's has restaurants in Mexico, Canada and in Britain as well."

Never knew that. Looks like I will never be orering from "Papa John's" in that case FUCK PAPA JOHNS ! and the imperialistic hierarchy of things !

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 19:57:41

Isn't that kind of self-defeating though? If everyone boycotts Papa Johns then he'll have to fire workers. If anything you should do the opposite, buy more and more, and get the workers to all go on strike.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 20:02:56

At 11/15/12 07:57 PM, Warforger wrote: get the workers to all go on strike.

If Papa John isn't willing to pay for their healthcare, why the hell would he let them form a union?

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 20:49:02

eventually we are going to find out if that does them good in the long run or not, maybe they will have to hire more people to compensate? or maybe they are just going to have to back down, because people want pizza and different times of the day and damn it when i want pizza you better be able to delivar.

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 20:55:55

Fight for quality AND equality.

Eat at Round Table.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 21:05:33

At 11/15/12 07:57 PM, Warforger wrote: Isn't that kind of self-defeating though? If everyone boycotts Papa Johns then he'll have to fire workers. If anything you should do the opposite, buy more and more, and get the workers to all go on strike.

Fuck PAPA Johns Pizza "You can make your own" You Lazy POS !

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 21:08:26

eh I don't eat papa Johns anyways.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 21:10:07

At 11/15/12 09:08 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: eh I don't eat papa Johns anyways.

Hey we have something in common ! Also I live in "The Great White North" Go figure ! LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 21:12:29

At 11/15/12 09:10 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Hey we have something in common ! Also I live in "The Great White North" Go figure ! LOL

of course the North rules all we dominate hockey! if anything I eat premade from the store or this local place that makes the best zah.

MINNESOTA BABY!

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-15 23:51:35

At 11/15/12 07:57 PM, Warforger wrote: Isn't that kind of self-defeating though? If everyone boycotts Papa Johns then he'll have to fire workers. If anything you should do the opposite, buy more and more, and get the workers to all go on strike.

Absolutely not, and this is the number one fallacy about boycotts.

Boycotting Papa John's doesn't mean you give up PIZZA, dude. And those people who don't eat Papa John's will give that revenue to one of its competitors, who will use that extra money to hire people (the people that Papa John's had to fire). Net zero loss of jobs.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 00:02:40

At 11/15/12 07:52 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I've been boycotting them for years.

Their pizza is expensive, not that good, and give me really bad heartbun at a much higher rate than the other places. Haven't had the stuff since college.

Wow you notice that too?! You immediately feel it in your chest after you have one slice agh!

Local pizza almost always tastes better and purchasing local directly benefits your community's economy anyways.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 03:00:17

Minnesota LOL I live in Canada man !

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 09:47:20

What kills me is that he is still implementing a surcharge or 11 to 14 cents per pizza for Obamacare. Yet he is cutting employee hours still? So he gets more money and does not pay for the obamacare. What a P.O.S.

Papa Johns in Huff Post. Yet he is cutting all the employee hours, what a money grubbing pos.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 12:04:56

At 11/16/12 09:47 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: What kills me is that he is still implementing a surcharge or 11 to 14 cents per pizza for Obamacare. Yet he is cutting employee hours still? So he gets more money and does not pay for the obamacare. What a P.O.S.

Papa Johns in Huff Post. Yet he is cutting all the employee hours, what a money grubbing pos.

The real question is why the hell does another scum bag American business have to peddle their snake oil in Canada 800km from the American boarder. Sad thing is most of these people in the city I live are to fucking dumb to realize when and why they should boycott. Papa Johns can take a hike and fuck off on the horse they road in on !

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 12:05:42

At 11/16/12 09:47 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: What kills me is that he is still implementing a surcharge or 11 to 14 cents per pizza for Obamacare. Yet he is cutting employee hours still? So he gets more money and does not pay for the obamacare. What a P.O.S.

That's how business works.

Private industries have something called PROFIT INCENTIVE. See, unlike the government, who can just spend money whether or not it's a good or sustainable idea, regular businesses actually have to manage their money.

You see when he (and any other business like McD's, Denny's, or even small businesses etc) are forced to take on a new expense, they have to make up for the money they lose, elsewhere. This means raising prices (passing cost onto you, taking money from some other financial obligation), or cutting costs.

It literally shocks me how little people understand how businesses operate.

Here's a clue folks: They are not the government. They cannot just spend as they please. The money is finite. And when they run out, they can't just borrow and/or print more.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 12:07:01

If they make a glutten free pizza I'd buy one if I was in their area.

Very few places up here make gluten free pizza !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 12:10:22

At 11/16/12 12:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote:

That's how business works.

Oh ok then that explains it. Being a dick and a shitty human being with low morals is ok if it is all in the name of making a buck gotcha !

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 12:57:17

At 11/16/12 03:00 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:

its practically canada barely any taxes, the Health care providers actually care, The people are uber friendly.but were part of the US!

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 13:18:11

At 11/16/12 12:10 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Oh ok then that explains it. Being a dick and a shitty human being with low morals is ok if it is all in the name of making a buck gotcha !

Being a dick? In what way?

You wanna talk about being a dick? How about the federal government passing a law increasing burden on businesses that they can't afford, forcing them to lay off employees. THAT sounds like a dick to me!

Are you the type of guy who says "Well she shouldn't have dressed that way if she didn't wanna be raped" or "he shouldn't have been in a bad neighborhood if he didn't want to get robbed"

Read the rest of the post, dumbass.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 18:49:45

At 11/16/12 12:57 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 11/16/12 03:00 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
its practically canada barely any taxes, the Health care providers actually care, The people are uber friendly.but were part of the US!

Barley any taxes LOL WTF I pay around $1600 a month in taxes to the federal government and that's more than most people make in a month in the US service industry which is it's biggest employer. Then at tax season they want more money from me.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 18:56:59

At 11/16/12 01:18 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/16/12 12:10 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Being a dick? In what way?

You wanna talk about being a dick? How about the federal government passing a law increasing burden on businesses that they can't afford, forcing them to lay off employees. THAT sounds like a dick to me!

Are you the type of guy who says "Well she shouldn't have dressed that way if she didn't wanna be raped" or "he shouldn't have been in a bad neighborhood if he didn't want to get robbed"

Read the rest of the post, dumbass.

So you try and pass the proverbial buck by saying that it's ok to be a dick if your in business then you call people names cause you don't agree gotcha. There's a reason why there is much economic upheaval and unrest in US society today and that is because American's are fucking greedy spoiled brats and big business/corporation are at the forefront of being greedy and spoiled. Have fun in the modern bread lines er I mean WalMart.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 19:10:36

At 11/16/12 12:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote: It literally shocks me how little people understand how businesses operate.

Here's a clue folks: They are not the government. They cannot just spend as they please. The money is finite. And when they run out, they can't just borrow and/or print more.

Ok, jackass try to read and think before you post.

He is raising the price of pizza AND cutting his employees to below the required hours ( 30 Hours ) that would make him have to pay for there heathcare. So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more. So where the fuck is your argument valid?

Being a pompous cocksucker wont get you anywhere in life kid.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 19:31:35

At 11/15/12 05:50 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: The idiot who owns Papa Johns says that he is going to cut hours of his employees because of Obamacare. Now he's not the only GOP nutjob CEO who's doing this, but he is the most prominent.

He's a private businessman. He has the right to do whatever he wants. But making a public scene about what should be a private matter and trying to connect it directly to the President is such a loser move... dude, all these old, dying white men are really just mad that their daughters are having sex with non-white people and browning up the country.

Pizza grease and sex. I can't think of a better topic, especially when they are used together. Yum.

I'm boycotting Papa Johns.

I disagree. If a government policy is forcing you to do things that hurt the workers, threatening the ability of your business to operate, you are as close to obligated to let people know about this as possible.

We can't afford to have a public anymore that is continually shocked at every crisis given they'd been told: "One more law and you'll have the Utopia we've been promising"

The other businesses that remain silent for PR reasons are essentially engaged in self-censorship. It's the sort of mentality of the soviet press where the role of the Media is to act as a cheerleader for soviet policy; except there's no central censor and so there's no excuse to remain silent.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 19:34:21

At 11/16/12 07:10 PM, TheRipper00 wrote:
At 11/16/12 12:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote: It literally shocks me how little people understand how businesses operate.
He is raising the price of pizza AND cutting his employees to below the required hours ( 30 Hours ) that would make him have to pay for there heathcare. So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more. So where the fuck is your argument valid?

I should have covered this in my previous post but I didn't notice it. You can't have every single one of your employees working part time. for ones remaining that end up having to receive their senselessly expensive health care; This could explain the need to raise prices.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 19:42:20

:So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more.

Wow.

Response to Boycott Papa Johns 2012-11-16 19:49:01

At 11/16/12 07:42 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more.
Wow.

The biggest problem is Papa Johns does not even offer full tim employment so as to be considered a real job with real benefits packages. The real issue here is that it's the unskilled workers fault for choosing to work such shit jobs in where the employee gets exploited for max profit to the share holders and CEOs and not taken care of even the basics essentials of life for services rendered.

BBS Signature