00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Union vs self determination

2,744 Views | 45 Replies

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-22 22:04:54

At 11/22/12 12:59 AM, Jmayer20 wrote: To SmilezRoyale

Lets say you were the president. If a state decided to secede would you try to stop them or just let them go?

If I were operating purely on material self interest I would probably try to stop them. If I were motivated purely by ideology I would let them go.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-22 22:39:28

At 11/22/12 02:11 AM, theburningliberal wrote:
Opportunities like that are hard to come by, especially when it takes some kind of college degree anymore just to find your way out of poverty. Most people trying to get out of poverty (myself included) need some kind of break in order to be able to make it through college. Even then, at many jobs, it takes years to build up to a point where you are making a decent wage, and some people just don't have that kind of time.

You can easily find a good Unionized factory jobs that pay even a subordinate entry level peon more money in a week than a Wal mart manager makes in a month.

BBS Signature

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-22 22:41:40

At 11/22/12 10:39 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
You can easily find a good Unionized factory jobs that pay even a subordinate entry level peon more money in a week than a Wal mart manager makes in a month.

If you can easily find it, then the Union isn't doing a very good job.

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-22 22:49:51

At 11/22/12 10:41 PM, SmilezRoyale wrote:

WHAT ? LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 09:23:36

Walmart doesn't even have a real Union, which is a good thing in my opinion and Walmart can fire these idiots whenever they want. Walmart should stop playing nice with morons.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 09:49:28

At 11/23/12 09:23 AM, TheKlown wrote: Walmart doesn't even have a real Union, which is a good thing in my opinion and Walmart can fire these idiots whenever they want. Walmart should stop playing nice with morons.

WalMart is cronied out and corrupt to the core. If you value what freedoms you still have then I suggest that you disassociate any good will for WalMart and any of there mindless minions.

BBS Signature

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 09:59:30

Supposedly I'm hearing the people on strike are not even Walmart employees but just obnoxious Union people who aren't even Walmart Employees. I think people should start being arrested, but I guess the Police don't feel like doing their jobs because they're part of obnoxious Unions as well. Disgusting... If I was a Cop I would not need a crappy Union to fight for me to get Wages.

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 10:09:18

At 11/23/12 09:59 AM, TheKlown wrote: Supposedly I'm hearing the people on strike are not even Walmart employees but just obnoxious Union people who aren't even Walmart Employees. I think people should start being arrested, but I guess the Police don't feel like doing their jobs because they're part of obnoxious Unions as well. Disgusting... If I was a Cop I would not need a crappy Union to fight for me to get Wages.

LOL you sound like a nut Bar. Unions are good for the people as they fight for more pay, better working conditions, union mandated breaks throughout your shift, safety, training, education, benefits, etc. Or you could just let industry/corporation steam roll all over you as you get your fiat dollars, vacation time, pension, benefits, safe working conditions, breaks, and training etc rapped from you ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 12:32:01

By Union I was talking about Union of the States not workers Union. Why don't any of you create a new topic talking about Walmart and workers Union?

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 12:40:23

Unions are not good, those people don't deserve to be making 15 dollars an hour for doing a fastfood job. I do Construction and I only make 10 dollars an hour, that is real work not that fake shit that Walmart and Fastfood workers do.

Response to Union vs self determination 2012-11-23 12:57:39

At 11/22/12 10:49 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 11/22/12 10:41 PM, SmilezRoyale wrote:
WHAT ? LOL

In other words, if ANYONE can find and have a given job, there's no reason to suspect the compensation will be abnormally high. I.e. supply and demand of labor.

Jobs [at least in private sector employment] get higher pay if the number of people that can perform them is small. This smallness can be imposed by "natural" factors; such as the danger associated with the job, or the level of prior knowledge needed to complete the job. It can also be imposed by artificial factors, i.e. restricting the number of people who are able to perform a given job by having all businesses agree to run closed shop, and then restricting the number of people who can join the Union.

This is the rationale behind, for example, why a union might act in favor of efforts to curtail illegal immigration.

Response to Union vs self determination 2013-01-31 12:09:48

At 11/13/12 08:59 PM, Dawnslayer wrote:
Even if union were more important, forcing the expansion of that union is an exhaustive process. There are 35 million people in Canada, one for every nine in the US; it's also a first-world country with an educated populace, a fully operational army, navy and air force within striking distance of American soil, and a government that ranks eighth on the Economist's Democracy Index (US is 19th). By the time we conquered Canada, our economy and military would be so depleted that it would take decades to recover.

First off I think your giving Canada a little to much credit. They would fall very quickly and very easily to us. Also you are looking at the occupation of Canada the same retarded way that we occupied Iraq. But there are better ways to occupy people then that.