00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Global Warming

2,486 Views | 31 Replies

Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:40:17

This is pretty old news, being over 2 years old, but it's still applicable today.

Apparently 97% of climate scientists agree that global warming is man-made (with the 3% being presumably inexperienced or misinformed), but only 28% of the media state this and only 26% of the public agrees.

Depressing news or what?

Global Warming

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:41:43

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:47:51

It's both really, yes the earth does have cycles of temperature but CO2 emissions are increasing the heat even more which could damage said cycle. You basically want the earth to be in a natural state and no matter what humans are going to bugger that up, so it's all about just getting the CO2 emissions to an acceptable level so that we won't make such a dramatic difference. When there's a will there's a way, we have hydrogen energy near completed for cars and I believe that the South Koreans are making large steps towards unlocking cold fusion. Everything will be fine, just leave it to the guys that know what they're doing whilst you do what you can do by recycling that coke can. ;)

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:51:26

It's a good thing we cut funding for NASA since the Earth is fucked

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:51:31

Pretty sad, but hey. Fuck polar bears.

I'm holding out than when our space program gets to a certain point we can actually repair our atmosphere with man-made technologies; we got us into this mess, we'll get us out of it.

We're already on the brink of perfecting artificial weather technologies, some hypothesize the military has already done it in the form of a weapon. If that weapon doesn't exist yet, it will in the future, and such technologies could be tuned/bridge us into seperate, crazier tech that could strengthen/repair/amplify specific layers of our atmosphere. It might not even be a vapor or energy, it could feasibly be found in crazy advanced biotechnology, as scientists have discovered very specific bacteria's in the air stream. Just firin' from the hip with that one...

We might even be able to understand cosmic and solar radiation to a point where we could negate it's properties on the ground. While everyone holds a pretty bleak outlook for our generation and our futures, I'm looking at the big picture here....it's unlikely that our technological and scientific progression will plateau anytime soon, because that's what all the previous generations thought was going to happen, and instead it advanced beyond their wildest dreams. We have science fiction shit today compared to what we had back then. OUR future will follow suit in the terms of perspective.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:52:37

GLOBAL WARMING
Y U NO LEAVE EARTH ALONE

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:54:17

At 11/12/12 03:51 PM, Phobotech wrote: technology and science bitches!

this is wishful thinking that distracts from a real problem

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:58:56

At 11/12/12 03:54 PM, Buoy wrote:
this is wishful thinking that distracts from a real problem

Well telling kids to stop spray painting outside, everyone get on carpooling, and genocide a bunch of mouth-breathers ain't going to solve it (at least the last one MIGHT not). Science and technology is our best shot, so no, I don't think it's distracting from the discussion. Either our super-adaptive nature finds a way or our super-adaptive brains will.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 15:59:27

At 11/12/12 03:51 PM, Phobotech wrote: I'm holding out than when our space program gets to a certain point we can actually repair our atmosphere with man-made technologies; we got us into this mess, we'll get us out of it.

In that case you have around 10 years, Nanobots sonny! it's already produced and they're ready to make, it's just the cost is too high (at the moment). yeah a team of scientists invented this little robot which turn CO2 into CO3 (by splitting and forming chains). CO3 if you didn't know is O-Zone, so pretty much this little robot will actually fix the O-Zone problem at the same time. Talk about 2 birds with one stone ey? :D

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:01:34

At 11/12/12 03:52 PM, Duck-Sicker wrote: GLOBAL WARMING
Y U NO LEAVE EARTH ALONE

mfw

Global Warming

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:02:46

At 11/12/12 04:01 PM, Sevkat wrote:
Y U NO LEAVE EARTH ALONE
mfw

whats mfw mean'?

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:03:22

At 11/12/12 03:59 PM, corey289 wrote:
In that case you have around 10 years, Nanobots sonny! it's already produced and they're ready to make, it's just the cost is too high (at the moment). yeah a team of scientists invented this little robot which turn CO2 into CO3 (by splitting and forming chains). CO3 if you didn't know is O-Zone, so pretty much this little robot will actually fix the O-Zone problem at the same time. Talk about 2 birds with one stone ey? :D

Now that's what I'm talking about! JC Denton and Solid Snake would hold each other and cry tears of joy if Denton had real eyes and Snake knew emotions. *dusts off hands* Mankind kicks ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:04:07

It's called "Climate Change" now, keep up schlomo.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:16:03

What I don't like about climate change are all the corporations cashing in on peoples fears.

All these so called "green" products that are meant to cut carbon emissions, yet cost a fortune and some may not be so green in other ways.

-Hybrid cars
-Compact fluorescent bulbs
-High efficiency appliances
-Carbon tax

IMO the best way to live green and save green is to live a feudal way of life. Problem is it sucks.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:20:42

At 11/12/12 04:02 PM, Duck-Sicker wrote:
At 11/12/12 04:01 PM, Sevkat wrote:
Y U NO LEAVE EARTH ALONE
mfw
whats mfw mean'?

Perhaps you should start using google before asking retarded fucking questions.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:21:06

At 11/12/12 04:16 PM, Painbringer wrote:
All these so called "green" products that are meant to cut carbon emissions, yet cost a fortune and some may not be so green in other ways.

-Hybrid cars
-Compact fluorescent bulbs
-High efficiency appliances
-Carbon tax

IMO the best way to live green and save green is to live a feudal way of life. Problem is it sucks.

I agree with you man, part of law is that petrol has to be mixed with other more "green oils" largely it's palm oil. However to get the palm oil companies burn down hectares and hectares of rain forest to plant the new trees. Apparently it'll take around 700 years to naturally offset the damage from deforestation for palm trees alone :( DAMN YOU BP AND SHELL!
But yeah, cooperation don't help at all and they are really only looking to cash in on the situation, that's human nature for you though.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:24:13

Y U NO LEAVE EARTH ALONE

LEAVE EARTH ALONE!!!!

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 16:27:32

At 11/12/12 04:16 PM, Painbringer wrote: IMO the best way to live green and save green is to live a feudal way of life. Problem is it sucks.

the best way to live green today is to become a politician or political activist.. if you have the time and opportunity to do that

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 21:46:33

Listen,global warning is a problem from a long time ago,and just telling those things won't make up anithing!

I have an idea,why don't we stop doing things that might cause global Warming if persons cause it and why don't the other guys investigates what makes global warming instead of just predicting?I mean,do you really believe what predicters say?no?then they better start investigating what causes this problem and find a solution!

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 22:08:16

I think it's obvious that humans are contributing to global warming, but I also believe that global warming is unavoidable regardless of what we do (although we might be able to slow it down).

Think of it this way: Matter and energy can't be created or destroyed. Right now the Earth is gaining energy from the sun, and existing energy is being brought to the surface from mining coal and oil. From both directions, up and down, we're bringing energy to the surface, and it's not leaving.

Although people have talked about polar shifts, I'm inclined to believe that even if polar shifts do happen, each shift is going to be consecutively warmer.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-12 22:16:57

Those statistics must be flaud, or all they did was interview conservatives and morons. Global warming is a widely known fact and everyone knows it exists, its just nobody cares to do anything about it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 05:36:42

i know that there are definitely people out there who believe that global warming has nothing to do with human activties, and that global warming is completely natural. but i still think that a majority of people (at least over 50%) accept mainstream science (that the increase in greenhouse gas in the atmosphere (due to human actitivy) contributes to global warming) the statistics looks like they were from 50 years ago.

you have to be pretty uneducated (and not clever enough to see the relationship between the extent of global warming and industrial development) to conclude that humans are not responsible for global warming.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 06:25:05

Global Warming is the least of our problems. The most impacted predicament we are facing today, is the reason why the lesser problems have yet to burn up in the atmosphere of a greater and specialized world, that is founded on human qualities followed by critical comprehension for where we are; why we are; and what we are. This world has yet to existed. We all have the solutions, but till we understand that we are the problem, these solutions are no more a shadow than the secrets we live our lives to bury.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 11:27:43

This is the reason we should all be extinct.
One day, NG, one day...

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 12:14:28

Stephen Hawking believes in it and he certainly thinks it's man-made (I'm fairly sure).

All I know is, if it's something that involves science, and Hawking believes in it, it's true.

Interestingly enough, the most likely case of the icebergs melting will probably kill no more than 100 million people. Yeah, that's a lot, but not enough for extinction of the human race.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 14:13:16

I'm currently taking lectures in which I'm learning about climate change. This is honestly depressing stuff. Even if the human race suddenly stops using fossil fuels this instant, climate scientists still predict intense storms, droughts, flooding, desertification, ice caps melting and whole countries getting submerged in the sea (some have already hypothesised that Hurricane Sandy may have been due to climate change). The amount of ice in the Arctic hit a record low this year, and has been plummeting ever since it started getting recorded in 1979. Some of this is, of course, due to natural causes, such as the sun, volcanoes, etc... but climate scientists have already put that into consideration when building their models and have found that humanity still plays a very large part in this.

The problem is that people are too greedy for money. Journalists don't report that mankind is making the climate change unnaturally, but they report the conspiracy theories against this fact, since those make more interesting headlines (and, as shown by the graph above, influence more people). Fossil fuel factories prefer making more money than protecting the environment. Some countries won't sign acts to lessen their carbon emissions, since it'll hurt their economy.

Then again humanity being greedy shouldn't be surprising.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 14:30:05

its a bunch of bullshit the Middle Ages 100AD-1500AD was warmer now by 5 degrees if anything we have cooled. the climate goes in cycles and with the variable of solar activity.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 14:45:36

At 11/13/12 02:34 PM, Profanity wrote: It's not a bunch of bullshit. The bullshit is where they've tried to dumb it down so you can understand it.

"Global Warming" or "Climate Change" refer to the problems directly resulting from the impact of human industrialization and pollution on the atmosphere. It's a very real thing being studied by millions of climate scientists and researchers worldwide.

please Volcanoes produce more impact yearly than the humans do. Slight variations in Earth's orbit lead to changes in the seasonal distribution of sunlight reaching the Earth's surface and how it is distributed across the globe. The Sun is the predominant source for energy input to the Earth. Both long- and short-term variations in solar intensity are known to affect global climate.Three to four billion years ago the sun emitted only 70% as much power as it does today. If the atmospheric composition had been the same as today, liquid water should not have existed on Earth!

its bullshit right now the sun is in a solar cycle giving off more rays. then add the above OH HEY ITS WARMER!

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 17:07:51

We're all going to die.

Response to Global Warming 2012-11-13 17:17:56

Global Warming fake than a mother fucka. If that shit was real we all gon be dead in 10 years.

BBS Signature