Be a Supporter!
littlegonkyboy
littlegonkyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
how to delete art 2012-11-10 12:47:30 Reply

i have to delete some art that i made much time ago, but with the previous NG design you could only remove it, but you could reupload it instantly... how can i delete it forever?

Signature made by illicit, thank you!

BBS Signature
littlegonkyboy
littlegonkyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 15:34:01 Reply

At 11/10/12 12:54 PM, EJR wrote: Go to the image and press the delete button here.

i tried, but you can undelete it, i want it to disappear forever.

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 17:02:51 Reply

At 11/10/12 03:34 PM, littlegonkyboy wrote:
At 11/10/12 12:54 PM, EJR wrote: Go to the image and press the delete button here.
i tried, but you can undelete it, i want it to disappear forever.

That's only temporary. After a while it's permanently deleted automatically. Probably around a month or so after you delete it.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 17:46:06 Reply

At 11/10/12 12:47 PM, littlegonkyboy wrote: ...but you could reupload it instantly... how can i delete it forever?

Why do you want to delete something and reupload it instantly? Are you trying to 'bump' your work so it shows up as new in the unscouted section or something? 'cuz that might just get you a portal ban, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you've made changes to it, just click the Edit option instead of delete.

Currently, deleting something doesn't purge it from your account... even after a few months. I have stuff in my deleted section from several years ago. I always assumed it was a glitch that wasn't a high priority to fix since no one else can see it.

If there's some other reasoning that I'm missing, please explain 'cuz I might have a workaround for you.

good luck finding a video for that one, Jim! ;P
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 18:02:21 Reply

At 11/10/12 05:46 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Currently, deleting something doesn't purge it from your account... even after a few months. I have stuff in my deleted section from several years ago. I always assumed it was a glitch that wasn't a high priority to fix since no one else can see it.

I know I used to have art submissions that I deleted and now they're gone completely. (I don't even have a deleted section anymore) Maybe it's dependent on whether or not the submission has reviews.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 18:12:44 Reply

At 11/10/12 06:02 PM, Jolly wrote: I know I used to have art submissions that I deleted and now they're gone completely. (I don't even have a deleted section anymore) Maybe it's dependent on whether or not the submission has reviews.

Oh? hmm... interesting. So you don't see anything here?

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-10 18:24:10 Reply

At 11/10/12 06:12 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/10/12 06:02 PM, Jolly wrote: I know I used to have art submissions that I deleted and now they're gone completely. (I don't even have a deleted section anymore) Maybe it's dependent on whether or not the submission has reviews.
Oh? hmm... interesting. So you don't see anything here?

Oh. Yeah, everything I've uploaded and deleted is still there. I guess it's just the "deleted submissions" button that I can't see anymore, it's completely gone.

littlegonkyboy
littlegonkyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to how to delete art 2012-11-11 03:40:34 Reply

At 11/10/12 05:46 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/10/12 12:47 PM, littlegonkyboy wrote: ...but you could reupload it instantly... how can i delete it forever?
Why do you want to delete something and reupload it instantly? Are you trying to 'bump' your work so it shows up as new in the unscouted section or something? 'cuz that might just get you a portal ban, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you've made changes to it, just click the Edit option instead of delete.

Currently, deleting something doesn't purge it from your account... even after a few months. I have stuff in my deleted section from several years ago. I always assumed it was a glitch that wasn't a high priority to fix since no one else can see it.

If there's some other reasoning that I'm missing, please explain 'cuz I might have a workaround for you.

good luck finding a video for that one, Jim! ;P

no, im not trying to reupload them, also.. im not scouted so i don't think that i can show them to the art portal.
aniway thanks for the info, now i know that i can't deleted them forever, so i will keep them, even if some are blurry

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to how to delete art 2017-03-26 04:01:52 Reply

At 3/26/17 03:35 AM, aukion1000 wrote: actually no, i've been gone over a year and all my art is still in the semi-deleted state, i need it perma gone too ;v;

I've restored your art and deleted it. Now it shouldn't bother you.

i'd get a mod but last time i spoke to a mod it didnt go well
( why i deleted about all of my art in the first place- ... and why i left new grounds for a year, NIIICE PPL )

Looking at what was deleted, it seems like you were caught out for art theft.
Hope you have a fresh start on your new account.

BBS Signature