00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help a newfag

1,089 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help a newfag 2012-11-08 18:30:08

Is it normal for users to receive error messages when trying to publish uploaded artwork.Im new so my first experience being this "error" I have no empirical evidence to compare this experience to.Please let me know that this error is a bug that will dissipate by tomorrow (i.e is randomly occurring and sorts itself out) or if its because i'm new and "doing it wrong" cos its quite frustrating.Look forward to uploading stuff, server gods permitting.

Kiss kiss Lots of love

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 18:38:13

At 11/8/12 06:30 PM, KanDuDor wrote: Is it normal for users to receive error messages when trying to publish uploaded artwork.Im new so my first experience being this "error" I have no empirical evidence to compare this experience to.Please let me know that this error is a bug that will dissipate by tomorrow (i.e is randomly occurring and sorts itself out) or if its because i'm new and "doing it wrong" cos its quite frustrating.Look forward to uploading stuff, server gods permitting.

Kiss kiss Lots of love

Unfortunately, these errors are not new or temporarily. It would help if you told us what browser you are using. Generally, Internet Explorer seems to have that problem more regularly than Chrome or Firefox. Additionally, you could tell us what the error message says. Your pic does not exceed the 4 million px² limit, does it?

BBS Signature

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 19:48:39

No Its the right size, its just " there was an error at this time please try again later"
I was using safari so then i tried firefox...ill try chrome now perhaps

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 19:53:30

At 11/8/12 07:48 PM, KanDuDor wrote: No Its the right size, its just " there was an error at this time please try again later"

Nope that neither

It'llbe weird if it uploads here

Help a newfag

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 20:03:39

At 11/8/12 07:53 PM, KanDuDor wrote:
At 11/8/12 07:48 PM, KanDuDor wrote: No Its the right size, its just " there was an error at this time please try again later"
Nope that neither

Tried saving another copy and upload that copy?

BBS Signature

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 23:56:43

At 11/8/12 08:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 11/8/12 07:53 PM, KanDuDor wrote:
Nope that neither

Tried saving another copy and upload that copy?

Hey! I had this problem when I first joined.

Not sure if it'll work for you, but I made sure I waited about 30 seconds after I cropped the picture and before I hit submit to make sure it had everything uploaded. That seems to work every time now and I don't see that screen. Maybe try that?

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-08 23:57:49

Also co clarify, I uploaded the picture, cropped it, hit accept, then waited 30 seconds or so before submitting the whole entire form and I never see the error page when I do that.

I joined a couple weeks ago and that fixed it for me.

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-09 00:33:09

At 11/8/12 11:56 PM, Shayl wrote: Hey! I had this problem when I first joined.

Hmm, that makes me wonder if it isn't a problem with the new user posting filters since it only seems to be happening on recently created accounts. Curious!

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-09 05:08:53

At 11/9/12 12:33 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Hmm, that makes me wonder if it isn't a problem with the new user posting filters since it only seems to be happening on recently created accounts. Curious!

I really hope that's not the case. Advertising spam gets caught in the unscouted section, and we've never had an outbreak of people posting catalogue pics in the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-09 08:43:39

I don't think so because I recently had the same problem.
I thought it had something to do with the file size because it was it was my first time uploading a such a big picture.
It eventually worked after a trying a few times though. (I use chrome)

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-09 09:42:33

At 11/9/12 08:43 AM, MrFap wrote:
I don't think so because I recently had the same problem.
I thought it had something to do with the file size because it was it was my first time uploading a such a big picture.
It eventually worked after a trying a few times though. (I use chrome)

I had the same problem also, and i tried both what shayl and mr.fap did. But at the end, all I did was reduced the size a little and save it as a jpeg.

BBS Signature

Response to Help a newfag 2012-11-09 14:22:18

Not sure if it'll work for you, but I made sure I waited about 30 seconds after I cropped the picture and before I hit submit to make sure it had everything uploaded. That seems to work every time now and I don't see that screen. Maybe try that?

Hey thanks , that sounds just crazy enough to work. I'll try again when I get my laptop back from work