00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music You Listened to as a Kid

3,898 Views | 63 Replies

Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 00:52:49

Post some.

As a toddler, I was partial to Kraftwerk, The B52s, and reggae in general, mostly because my dad had old cassette tapes of them.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 01:04:17

What my brother listened to which was hardcore anarchist punk, crust, grindcore, and various extreme metal genres.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 01:05:05

The same crazy electro techno shit I listen to now.
And the Baha men.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 01:23:51

I've listened to Rammstein for as long as I can remember hearing sounds.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 01:32:55

Basically everything I listen to now ( 90's music like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, ect.) along with Nsync and Avril Lavigne

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 01:36:40

At 10/21/12 01:34 AM, Xenomit wrote: I wasn't interested in music until I was about 16-17

I don't trust your kind.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:02:59

Tears for Fears
Wall of Voodoo
The B52's
808 State
Kraftwerk
Hybrid
Metallica

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:05:46

Linkin Park was the first band I ever really got into. I listened to their first album when I was about 5 and liked it much more than I do now.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:06:36

I was pretty infatuated with this song in particular.

That's about all I remember, to be honest. Testament to its catchiness that I still remembered the fucking title after all these years.

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:09:39

At 10/21/12 02:05 AM, Winrar1337 wrote: Linkin Park was the first band I ever really got into. I listened to their first album when I was about 5 and liked it much more than I do now.

That's alright. Men used to have sex with little girls and keep slaves before they knew better. It's not your fault.

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:12:06

At 10/21/12 02:02 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Tears for Fears
Wall of Voodoo
The B52's
808 State
Kraftwerk
Hybrid
Metallica

Also Talking Heads, EZ Rollers, and Michael Jackson.

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:21:26

Mainstream contemporary pop/rock/country/rap stuff.

I just bought the Space Jam soundtrack recently because that was definitely something I listened to a lot.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 02:59:33

I didn't listen to music as a kid. I was a little fond of some random songs and Backstreet Boys, but that's it.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 03:03:43

Well I used to be really into Classic Rock, but my tastes have changed a whole lot since then.

Like Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers Band, America, Yes, The Who etc...

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 03:23:18

Reggae.... which i just started liking again

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 03:27:16

At 10/21/12 01:34 AM, Xenomit wrote: I wasn't interested in music until I was about 16-17

Me too, actually.

I like went through phases. When I was young, I wasn't into music at all. Then in Middle School when all of the boy band thing was going on I just decided that I didn't like music.

In high school is when I picked up the classic rock thing.

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 04:35:25

I often listened to britney spears and all kind of other shitty pop music.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 06:52:24

When I was younger I guess I was more into nu metal type stuff and when I say "younger" I'm referring to when I was about 10 years old. Around that age I was into bands like Limp Bizkit and Alien Ant Farm because they were pretty big back then and they seemed cool at the time.

Then as I started to get older and paid more attention to music, I started listening to the type of stuff I was brought up listening too but never understood. Punk rock. I'm not talking about bands like Greenday, Sum 41 or Blink 182 either. I was brought up listening to proper British punk. Well, more second wave punk to be specific. Not so much the artsy farsty stuff that kicked things off. I started listening to the bigger, more well known bands and from there I gradually found the type of stuff that I was really into which is considered Oi!. It's pretty much just street level, working class punk.

I've been listening to that kind of stuff probably since I was about 14 and I'll be turning soon. I'd be willing to bet that my musical interest doesn't change much for the remainder of my life.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 06:58:53

I used to be into hard rock and metal, but as I grew up, I realised that I didn't like the fanbase it gets, so from then on I just like to listen to what sounds nice to me, whether that be rock, electronic or any other genre of music.

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 07:11:04

When I was 5/6/7 I listened to the Black Eyed Peas, some random black rapper, Pink, the Veronica's, Hannah Montana and the Gorillaz.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 07:19:44

I forgot to add in that I was freaking obsessed with Eminem when I was in elementary school. The Eminem show was my favorite album. I used to roleplay alot with my friends, so I'd always be eminem and I'd have my least favorite friend be Eminem's ex-wife, Kim. And I'd slap her around.

I was a crappy child.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 08:10:55

At 10/21/12 02:05 AM, Winrar1337 wrote: Linkin Park was the first band I ever really got into. I listened to their first album when I was about 5 and liked it much more than I do now.

Just about the same. I think Linkin Park was one of my earliest interests, though I loved me some Twisted Sister too.

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 08:19:10

Nothings changed in my listening other then new bands popping up in early 00's that i also listen to now.
reel big fish,offspring,dead kennedys,ramones,goldfinger,the suicide machines,blink 182,sum 41,greenday,the living end and whole fuckload more, so guess my music was ska&punk manly but I enjoy lots of other genres as well :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 08:26:17

Van Halen
Aerosmith
Truimph
Disturbed
Three Days Grace
Rob Zombie
Linkin Park
Skillet
The Rocky Soundtrack
Danger Zone - The Top Gun theme

Anything that was good.

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 08:34:51

Atop of Michael Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, and Metallica.

...USE YOUR MIGHT!!!

Music You Listened to as a Kid

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 10:34:23

scatman john
midnight oil
judas priest
journey
country music on the radio
alternative radio musics
video game music

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 10:37:51

I loved the Guns 'N Roses.

I mean, I still do today, but they were a major favorite when I was a kid.

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 10:41:38

i was into 80s musics at the same time as all those kids who liked 80s rock because of guitar hero but i didnt give a shit about guitar heros songs son i was lal all like peepin out that channel up in the thousands on the weekends son hehHAH

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 10:45:28

When I was really young, about five, I just liked whatever shit they put on those Now Thats What I Call Music CDs. When I was 10 I liked bands like Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. Eurgh.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Music You Listened to as a Kid 2012-10-21 10:59:02

Styx, Queen, Run-DMC, and Heywood Banks.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature