00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petepan09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners!

17,461 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

This past weekend was the second NG Movie Jam, where teams had 48 hours to make a movie!

The theme was "Too Scared to ____" and despite a stunning show by Jazza and the Elvidian crew, the terror that is Succubutts has taken home the gold:

Thank you everyone who participated! It feels great to get jams going again and this time I'm hoping to keep the ball rolling. Next weekend is Game Jam 8.

The winners of the NG All-Stars v. Drugs art contest have been announced!

1st - $30 Store Credit

2nd - $20 Store Credit

3rd - $10 Store Credit

4th - $10 Store Credit
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ejr/don-t-try-emCongrats, guys! Thank you ZJ for organizing that.

JohnnyUtah and I have been hauling ass on our special side-project. It started as a tool for a really big game we've been working on for the past year but it was fun so we're exploring its potential as something people can play with. With a little luck it will be out this week.

Check your account page to see if you're on the panel to select the Best of September! Sorry the left panel doesn't slide as you scroll the page, it broke when we updated jQuery and there have been some complications getting it working again. Please do your best to drag items up the page to get your votes in this time around.

Speaking of technical difficulties, we're updating PHP tomorrow morning so let me know if you see anything break.

Madness Day winners are coming up!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 17:12:50

Winners don't use drugs

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 17:21:05

At 10/3/12 05:12 PM, SineRider wrote: Winners don't use drugs

Except barry bonds.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 17:48:06

tom idk what piece of shit you hired to judge this contest but they appear to have mistakenly put my good pal ejr in 4th place instead of 1st please restore his rightful throne

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 17:50:11

Congrats to the winners ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 18:00:05

Thank you very much guys! <3

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 18:14:40

Awesomeness, thanks for the 3rd!

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 19:16:23

At 10/3/12 05:48 PM, GiantDouche wrote: tom idk what piece of shit you hired to judge this contest but they appear to have mistakenly put my good pal ejr in 4th place instead of 1st please restore his rightful throne

I agree, there must have been a mix up.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 19:34:28

Congrats to the winners.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 20:26:36

Tom, I've nearly finished my movie jam animation. I've had to do assignments for uni 'n' stuff, which held it up a little. Is it too late?

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 20:45:19

Congrats to all the winners! The Movie Jam is easily one of my favorite artisti/creative events of all time. In many ways it sums up everything I love about Newgrounds.

Here's to many more jams!!

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 20:46:50

At 10/3/12 08:45 PM, RicePirate wrote: Congrats to all the winners! The Movie Jam is easily one of my favorite artisti/creative events of all time. In many ways it sums up everything I love about Newgrounds.

Here's to many more jams!!

And congrats to everyone!!! So many wonderful entries!!! (sorry, writing from my phone :/)

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 21:28:43

Congrats to the winners of the movie jam and the NG on Drugs contests! I kinda wish Elvidian and crew won, but Too Scared to Poop WAS pretty awesome. And I'm excited for your project with Johnny, Tom!

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 21:59:55

At 10/3/12 08:26 PM, RionHunter wrote: Tom, I've nearly finished my movie jam animation. I've had to do assignments for uni 'n' stuff, which held it up a little. Is it too late?

Late submissions will still be included in the collection!

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 22:00:33

At 10/3/12 08:46 PM, RicePirate wrote: And congrats to everyone!!! So many wonderful entries!!! (sorry, writing from my phone :/)

Who says NG can't do mobile :P

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 22:37:12

Fuck my drugs art didn't even make it to the top 4? like what the hell? gawd am a horrible looser. Am going to go cry now.

Washing* yea i can't spell too

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 23:35:22

Am I the only one who thinks that deathink's piece is lacking and undeserving of the place?
Not to say that it isn't a good piece, but there's really nothing about it that says anti-drug.
It just looks like you made a standard piece of Castle Crashers fan art and then slapped the word "addiction" on the enemy in order to relate it to the contest. I mean, there could have been at least some creativity included in making the enemy more representative of drugs and drug culture.

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-03 23:56:55

Kudos to the Anti-Drug winners, there were too little entries so I guess picking the winners was really easy.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 02:13:42

At 10/3/12 10:00 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/3/12 08:46 PM, RicePirate wrote: And congrats to everyone!!! So many wonderful entries!!! (sorry, writing from my phone :/)

No one! <3

Sent from iPhone

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 10:05:15

I was in 11th. I'm much better than these ignorants.

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 13:49:23

At 10/3/12 10:00 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Me, whats u gonna do bout it huh?
YEAH, i thought so.

Gimme a minute! And im in it!

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 14:25:37

At 10/4/12 11:08 AM, mandog wrote: I just seen only established artists tom

Do you suggest maybe we hold an art contest for only non established artists? I mean, I would be willing to judge, but I don't think cutting your top artists will draw a lot of people to watch. I think it is worth a try tho.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 14:58:51

At 10/4/12 02:25 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Do you suggest maybe we hold an art contest for only non established artists? I mean, I would be willing to judge, but I don't think cutting your top artists will draw a lot of people to watch. I think it is worth a try tho.

Define "non-established artists".
Where are you drawing the line between established and non-established.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 15:01:08

At 10/4/12 02:58 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 10/4/12 02:25 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Do you suggest maybe we hold an art contest for only non established artists? I mean, I would be willing to judge, but I don't think cutting your top artists will draw a lot of people to watch. I think it is worth a try tho.
Define "non-established artists".
Where are you drawing the line between established and non-established.

I think he was referring to artists who have already won contests, but I would be more willing to say, no professional artists.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 15:04:23

At 10/4/12 03:01 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: I think he was referring to artists who have already won contests, but I would be more willing to say, no professional artists.

The drug art contest got a low turnout, so it's a bit silly to exclude them from further contests, or put them in a tiny exclusive league.
Also how do you distinguish a professional art from an unprofessional artist.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 15:36:54

At 10/4/12 03:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 10/4/12 03:01 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: I think he was referring to artists who have already won contests, but I would be more willing to say, no professional artists.
The drug art contest got a low turnout, so it's a bit silly to exclude them from further contests, or put them in a tiny exclusive league.
Also how do you distinguish a professional art from an unprofessional artist.

Do you have a freelance/business license to do art professionally or work for a company as an artist. I think we might get a big showing of non professional/amature artists if they had somewhere to compete on their own level. I would never want to say they can't compete in professional artist level on the grounds that anyone could potentially beat a professional if they had the talent.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 15:44:55

At 10/4/12 03:36 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Do you have a freelance/business license to do art professionally or work for a company as an artist.

Test-object isn't a paid artist, and he won the contest.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 16:01:12

At 10/4/12 03:44 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Test-object isn't a paid artist, and he won the contest.

That's what I just said tho, amateur artists often beat professional artists thats why I don't want to bar them from competing in the top levels, but I think it would be a good experiment to try giving artists who are not as good as Test-object to compete against each other. Kind of like how the NGADM had a runner up contest.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 16:24:21

At 10/4/12 04:01 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: but I think it would be a good experiment to try giving artists who are not as good as Test-object to compete against each other. Kind of like how the NGADM had a runner up contest.

And how would you work out who should compete in the top levels compared to the bottom.

I've gone full circle, but this is the point I'm driving at. Why split the contest in two when
- The winner of the ... let's say "lower tier" ... hasn't actually won an art contest, he's won the "You are Average!" award.
- Drawing that line where people is either higher/lower tier is incredibly tough, and you're bound to get people who think somebody has been unfairly placed and, most importantly
- Dividing the contest won't get more people. If you cut a cake in half, you still have the same amount of cake.

mm cake

I'd love to see more people do what ZJ did and get NG contests going if they think their idea is sound. People want the activities, not the extra administration.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Jam & Drug Art Winners! 2012-10-04 16:25:47

Holy crack monkies batman! I never thought people would freak out about making a contest for non established artists. I never said anything about people being "Elite" That's your own projection. Forgive me for trying to be nice I guess Newgrounds isn't the place to inspire "New" artists to compete.

BBS Signature