00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you regret buying

3,744 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games you regret buying 2012-10-02 23:26:38

Here's a trip down memory lane no one wants to go through. What are some games you wish you didn't get? I have a ton, so for now I'll mention just a few:

Transformers: The Game - The Michael Bay one. After watching the movie, I blindly wanted to play something like that so much that I went ahead and bought it full price, knowing that movie tie-ins are usually awful.... I got stuck in one area and never finished it... it was pretty bad.

Overlord: Raising Hell - I only mention this because I got it back home for 60 euros, then when I came back I found out that the official price in the US was 20. Shot in the foot.

Modnation Racers - Same thing as above. At first, it didn't appeal to me much, but I started playing it again and it's pretty good. I would've payed 30 for it.

Post 'em.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-02 23:31:11

- Modern Warfare 3
- Dragon Age II
- Mass Effect 3 (I'm glad I played it, but I'm not glad I paid that much for it)
- Dead Rising 2
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Not a bad game, but not worth what I paid)

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-02 23:41:55

Cursed Crusade.

Even worse then Double Agent.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-02 23:54:16

I think it was called black and white it was hyped up but was not what i had expected :(

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 02:29:43

Phantasy Star Universe. I quit playing less than an hour in after already being more pissed off and sickened by the thought process that went into making the main protagonist of the story. Never picked it up again, never want to.

Way to ruin an otherwise commendable franchise.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 05:16:08

Most games I buy during steam sales.. but mostly Skyrim for PC, at least so far. I've barely played it and I already own it for 360.. I bought it mainly for the mods which didn't really make me want to play it again like I thought it would.

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 08:21:25

At 10/3/12 02:29 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Phantasy Star Universe. I quit playing less than an hour in after already being more pissed off and sickened by the thought process that went into making the main protagonist of the story. Never picked it up again, never want to.

Way to ruin an otherwise commendable franchise.

This. Except I got stuck in the chapter 4 boss fight with the vol brothers on that train. Seriously, screw those guys. That boss fight was so unfair.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 08:45:22

At 10/2/12 11:54 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I think it was called black and white it was hyped up but was not what i had expected :(

Yeah, that was a huge disappointment.

The only game I regret buying is "The Granstream Saga" for PS1. It's an RPG, but it's mediocre at best. Graphics suck, music is dull and sometimes there is voice acting (badly dubbed) and sometimes not... WTF?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 08:47:32

I do heavy research before spending my money. In recent years I have been fooled though,

-FFXIII
-Zelda Skyward Sword
-Metroid other M

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 09:12:00

Just one:
Viva pinata party animals...terrible..terrible game :/

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 09:34:16

Shadow the Hedgehog. What was I thinking..

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 10:00:07

halo wars

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 10:08:22

The majority of my Steam games. Not even touched most of the damn games. I'm just glad I broke my Steam addiction so no more buying games unless it was something really special like Half-Life 3.

HAH!

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 10:21:37

-Modern Warfare 3
-Mario Tennis Open
-Anna
-Fatal Frame 3
-Much more...

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 10:26:51

Skyrim at full price
Mass Effect 3 Collector's edition
a lot of steam games

Boy was I an idiot.

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 12:51:24

Saints Row 3. Played it for a couple of hours and never touched it again. Besides that, numerous games on Steam that I'm too lazy to name. I'd say a good portion of them are probably obscure indie titles or incredibly cheap games that didn't hold my interest.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 14:16:55

Dead Rising off the Record - Wasn't as good as the prequels. I returned it on the same day and got Dragon's Dogma.
Dragon's Dogma - I found a used copy for $30 a day after I bought it.
Fairy Tale Fights - I expected a hack and slash platformer, and got a twin stick beat em up. It didn't deserve an M rating either.
Monster Madness - I expected a hack and slash zombie game, and got a twin stick beat em up where you fight spoooky skeletons in hats. One noticeable thing though was you get to fight a zombie Bob Marley.
Infamous - I bought it during the great PSN hack.
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty - Clank wasn't in it and there was no treasure. Or trophies.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 15:58:10

I regret buying Bionic Commando for 360. I could have gone to Wal-Mart and bought two $5 movies instead but I thought of that too late.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 16:54:08

Soldier of Fortune: Payback (awesome gore, shit in every other way.)

Fable 3 (a downgrade from Fable 2 in almost every way)

Alien Versus Predator (the new one. one of the most repetitive, boring games I've played.)

Naughty Bear (1 death anim. for each weapon, no stealth kills. yet I'm still counting the days till Naughty Bear 2 next week. maybe they'll get it right this time?)

Most of these are decent games but none were anywhere near worth the $60 price tag and I felt remorse for buying them within the first hour of playing

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 21:40:34

Recently I bought Counter Strike: Source with Garrys mod on Steam, only to find my computer will not run them properly. Waste of $25 really but still I regret that the icons are just sitting there knowing it's useless to click on.

Mafia 2 - Loved the first one but this one was just....boring. Story was kind of shit too IMO.

LA Noire - Fun at first but no replay value. Waste of $60 there.

50 Corvette (PS2) - I was young and stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 21:41:54

Two games I actually really regret getting, that Civil War game made by History, and the Iron Man game, as well.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 22:18:54

Marvel Nemesis Rise of the imperfect. The only time my nostalgia betrayed me.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 22:25:33

At 10/3/12 10:19 PM, EJR wrote: I bought Left 4 Dead 2 during the steam summer sale. I regret that. I probably won't ever play it.

My jaw just dropped lower then a Spitter from disbelief. Why you no like L4D2???

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 22:31:19

Magicka.

Bought the 4 player pack when it was full price on steam. 2 of my friends couldn't even get it to work and me and the only other guy who was able to play it were having trouble getting it to work. We only got it to work once and then never played together again. I never even finished the dang game. And then a couple of weeks after I bought it, it went on fucking sale! After that, I only bought games from steam when they're on sale so I don't punch my computer screen.

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 22:38:46

At 10/3/12 10:36 PM, EJR wrote:
At 10/3/12 10:25 PM, II2none wrote:
At 10/3/12 10:19 PM, EJR wrote: I bought Left 4 Dead 2 during the steam summer sale. I regret that. I probably won't ever play it.
My jaw just dropped lower then a Spitter from disbelief. Why you no like L4D2???
I'm not interested in the slightest. My brothers borrowed the Xbox version from a friend and I watched him play and it looked painfully boring. I thought I'd get into it but I just never felt like playing it.

Nothing more satisfying then having my patience pay off by getting to watch survivors suffer for hours on end. But I definitely can see how it can be boring especially these days. Valves servers suck on xbox!

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 22:45:02

At 10/3/12 08:45 AM, Haggard wrote: The only game I regret buying is "The Granstream Saga" for PS1. It's an RPG, but it's mediocre at best.

I remember renting that more than ten years ago. flashback. I remember the cut scenes were in hand drawn anime style.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-03 23:33:00

RAGE: Obvious, it sucked.
Dragon Age II: Horrible, but only paid 20.
Mass Effect 3: The game is good, not as great as the second, and I regret spending 100+ on the collector's edition

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 03:04:47

RAGE without a doubt in my mind. It was cool looking and it was an okay game but it was nothing new and had absolutely no replay value what so ever. It has a basic and cliche plot that it doesn't develop or delve into, the characters are plain and forgettable, missions were incredibly easy, not a wide variety of enemies, and I could just keep going. I'll admit the one thing I loved was Mutant Bash TV and its' host J.K. Stiles. Anyway I paid sixty dollars for the Anarchy Edition at Walmart on Black Friday and compared to the other game I could have bought, RAGE was a disappointment. I wouldn't have minded as much if I had paid say no more than twenty for it.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 04:27:48

At 10/4/12 03:04 AM, AntiHero1317 wrote: RAGE

It wasn't that bad and the multiplayer was really fun

Goth Forever

BBS Signature

Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 08:20:08

Trapped Dead... so many painful memories.
It was only $10 but still a ripoff, if I knew what it would be like before I bought it I wouldn't even want it for free.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{