00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vote on Pacman's new art direction!

3,852 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fill out this quick survey to determine which art style that new Pacman games will have.

I'm leaning towards B, it fits the series better, and A and C are plain stupid. D could work if Tim Burton started making games though.

Vote on Pacman's new art direction!

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 19:12:07

At 10/2/12 07:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Fill out this quick survey to determine which art style that new Pacman games will have.

I'm leaning towards B, it fits the series better, and A and C are plain stupid. D could work if Tim Burton started making games though.

"vote!"
"Okay!"
"But every opinion that isn't mine is stupid!" *immediately stomps on all other options*
Fucking great way to start a thread yo, now im afraid to express my opinion in fears you will not agree with it.

Fucking C

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 19:18:38

At 10/2/12 07:12 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 10/2/12 07:09 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
"But every opinion that isn't mine is stupid!" *immediately stomps on all other options*
Fucking great way to start a thread yo, now im afraid to express my opinion in fears you will not agree with it.

Fucking C

You are a dead man.

A DEAD MAN YA HEAR!?

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 19:29:02

All of them are pretty sweet, but I like C and D the best. Unfortunately, I don't have a Facebook either, and cannot vote my opinion.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 19:54:11

I want the B Pacman with the Ghosts from D.

Also no facebook

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 19:57:24

is the coolest one, but urggh, B just makes much more sense.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 21:05:08

I like C and D the best.
Tim Burton would never work with Pacman as it lacks musical bits and Johnny Depp.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 21:09:11

I voted C, looks pretty sweet.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 22:12:59

I like C and D the best.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 23:16:02

Fuck C.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 23:35:05

I'd be fine with either A or B, A since its 3D, and B since it looks more like real pacman. I dont like C, it looks too cartoonish, like a Saturday morning cartoon show of Pacman, and that just sounds horrible. Definitely not D, looks a little too realistic

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-02 23:50:02

A is nice but i like B much better, i love pac-man

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 08:24:14

Wouldn't want the pacman Universe to look A and B ... Those are a little to cartoony , I fucking love D... but I think B's Blinky is interesting in style ,So is C's and D's Pinkie,D clyde is the best ... B's pacman yeah if they used my suggestions that'd for one group pictures that'd be sweet.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 10:39:17

I hate the designs for all of the ghosts, but the B option for Pac-Man has a really cool retro feel to it. I'd go with that one if I had to.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 11:52:25

- In the first one he's breaking the forth wall
- In the second one he's looking pretty badass
- In the third one he looks like sonic
- And in the forth one, he's smiling for no reason

So I say the second one.

It's good to also mention that not only are you choosing the art style, but you're also choosing the persona for PacMan, so choose wisely!

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 15:55:56

I agree that D looks like Tim Burton got Pac-Man and was like "AH YEAH!". But A looks like B but in 3-D and the last Time I saw Pac-Man in 3-D it was horrible and A looks pretty good so I'm voting for A.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 16:08:47

A) doesn't look like Pacman's style and reminds me too much of Sonic's many edgy smiles. I would pick A but Pacmans design doesn't suit his silent hero personality. Even if they make him talk like I said his design reminds me too much of sonic they need to pull it back a bit.

B) Is perfect because it's his original design and Pac-man looks and feels like Pac-Man the simple humble hero, so I voted for B.

C) Too childlike.

D) If the colors weren't dull and looked more comic book style it could probably work.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 16:12:28

At 10/3/12 11:52 AM, Rational-Delirium wrote:

So... whats the difference with him smiling in the other 3?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-03 16:37:10

Voted on this yesterday, D is by far my favorite but C isn't too bad. I don't like A or B at all.
If D wins and this is for in game graphics and not just them hanging out on the game game border I'll buy this for art style alone.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-04 00:08:59

I actually like all four. But A would make the most sense if that Pacman CGI series ever gets greenlit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-04 10:06:04

B all the way. It's just the right amount of retro and modern.

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-04 12:19:16

I voted C, though I prefer the ghosts in D. Either of those would be a pretty great departure from the usual Pac Man art style.

A doesn't deserve to live btw.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-04 12:21:53

Also I don't think you need a facebook profile to vote, I wasn't signed in and it counted.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:02:55

At 10/3/12 04:12 PM, II2none wrote:

In A and C, he looks like Sonic and is trying too hard to impress. In the forth, he's not trying hard to do anything, in fact it looks like he's taking a stroll in the park and doesn't care what others think of him. So I choose B because it's the only one where he's not smiling, and actually looks like he has some serious earth-threatening issue he has to take care of. (Unlike the other three.)

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:20:18

At 10/4/12 12:19 PM, Jackho wrote: I voted C, though I prefer the ghosts in D. Either of those would be a pretty great departure from the usual Pac Man art style.

A doesn't deserve to live btw.

Well you're gonna hate this.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:24:36

At 10/5/12 09:02 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote:
At 10/3/12 04:12 PM, II2none wrote:
In A and C, he looks like Sonic and is trying too hard to impress. In the forth, he's not trying hard to do anything, in fact it looks like he's taking a stroll in the park and doesn't care what others think of him. So I choose B because it's the only one where he's not smiling, and actually looks like he has some serious earth-threatening issue he has to take care of. (Unlike the other three.)

First off I meant to say the other 2 so my bad.

Second okay you explained your preference but you haven't explained why you think one out of three are smiling for no reason. Maybe that's not what you meant.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:26:45

please god anything but A or C

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:43:54

At 10/5/12 09:24 PM, II2none wrote: First off I meant to say the other 2 so my bad.

Second okay you explained your preference but you haven't explained why you think one out of three are smiling for no reason. Maybe that's not what you meant.

What I mean is that in the forth it looks like he's taking a stroll through a park, but in the other two he seems very self aware that there's a camera watching him. Like in two of them, he's an arrogant and cocky Sonic the Hedgehog, but in the forth one he's a personification of ignorant bliss, taking a stroll in a forest during a beautiful evening with three scccaary ghosts behind him. Personally I prefer the forth over those two, because I prefer that personality.

I guess to sum it up
- Arrogant, cocky, possibly a malignant narcissist
- Youthful old man who's minding his own business.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-05 21:46:59

At 10/5/12 09:24 PM, II2none wrote:
First off I meant to say the other 2 so my bad.

Sorry, I understand what you mean now. In D, he's just smiling to himself, but in A and C, he's smiling to the camera. My reference to Sonic the Hedgehog is because he always seems to be aware that there's a camera watching him, and thus never has a genuine smile, unlike the forth.

Response to Vote on Pacman's new art direction! 2012-10-07 01:18:59

B kind of reminds me of an Epic Mickey style. I like that one the most

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature