00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Proper Freeaudio Capturing Software

583 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I created a tune and want to upload it here on newgrounds but the problem is as follows. I created a tune using a program called Tecno 5 Demo however the program does not let me save the finished work so I just simply screen captured the song in real time using Msi Afterburner. So the issue is how do I get the audio from an Msi Afterburner created Video file to just an MP3 file so I can upload it to newgrounds ?

BBS Signature

Response to Proper Freeaudio Capturing Software 2012-10-01 16:57:05

At 9/30/12 10:18 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: I created a tune and want to upload it here on newgrounds but the problem is as follows. I created a tune using a program called Tecno 5 Demo however the program does not let me save the finished work so I just simply screen captured the song in real time using Msi Afterburner. So the issue is how do I get the audio from an Msi Afterburner created Video file to just an MP3 file so I can upload it to newgrounds ?

There are ways to record things directly from your sound card. What operating system do you use? I'm a bit unfamiliar with Macs, but if you have Windows, I can help.

BBS Signature

Response to Proper Freeaudio Capturing Software 2012-10-01 18:44:23

At 10/1/12 04:57 PM, WhiteLightning wrote:
At 9/30/12 10:18 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: I created a tune and want to upload it here on newgrounds but the problem is as follows. I created a tune using a program called Tecno 5 Demo however the program does not let me save the finished work so I just simply screen captured the song in real time using Msi Afterburner. So the issue is how do I get the audio from an Msi Afterburner created Video file to just an MP3 file so I can upload it to newgrounds ?
There are ways to record things directly from your sound card. What operating system do you use? I'm a bit unfamiliar with Macs, but if you have Windows, I can help.

Windows 7 64bit of course and various Linux Distros Mint is my fav. I need top recording for newgrounds I have a SoundBlaster Audigy SE Dedicated Sound Card LOL. If you like House music this is the soung I am trying to upload - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXrxX8lxarI&feature=plcp

BBS Signature

Response to Proper Freeaudio Capturing Software 2012-10-01 22:09:19

Alright, in that case, here's the simplest thing to do. It's gonna sound pretty stupid, but it works. First, you need to get a separate audio recording/editing software. If you've got one and know how to use it, good. If not, I personally suggest this one, called Wavepad: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html I use it for all my audio stuff. Open both Wavepad and the software that contains your song.

Now, here's the stupid part: if you don't already own one, buy a double-ended 3.5 mm headphone cable, plug one end into your computer's headphone jack, and then the other end into the microphone jack. Set Wavepad (or whatever you use) to record from the microphone input, hit record, then press play on the music.

Really. Totally works, and is actually one of the simpler solutions. It can also be used later for recording pretty much any sound that would otherwise come through your headphones.

BBS Signature

Response to Proper Freeaudio Capturing Software 2012-10-02 02:57:38

At 10/1/12 10:09 PM, WhiteLightning wrote:

Really. Totally works, and is actually one of the simpler solutions. It can also be used later for recording pretty much any sound that would otherwise come through your headphones.

Thanx Sounds great.

BBS Signature