00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker)

1,253 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-09-30 18:36:37

It's presale, I might make changes to the tracks if I get feedback that really helps before teh final release date.
If you preorder you get all the tracks but the 2 (might add 3rd) bonus tracks.

http://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com/album/cloud-kicker-comei ng-soon-track-may-not-be-final

The main Genre, I would describe as fast EDM/videogame/techno, but there's a few that stick out glitch song (glitching time,) breakcore (strife,) Electro (off the rails,) etc. I tried to keep a theme throughout the album, I imagined it as a sound track to an anime, or a video-game.

Any support, feedback, comments, and just quick opinions would all be appreciated. I spent a longer time working on this album than any previous release.

New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker)

Response to New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-09-30 18:44:41

Response to New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-10-01 20:55:36

At 10/1/12 08:00 PM, Lasse wrote: didn't really flow all that well as an album, didn't seem to have a cohesive feel to it despite the songs were very samey so there weren't really any standouts, no songs were really bad either, but it seems like you were playing it awfully safe, I feel the songs would probably work better in the context of single uploads on ng or something similar than as a full album

Thank you for listening.:] And really? I thought at least glitching time would stand out some.
Well maybe I should consider diversifying a little.

Response to New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-10-02 10:47:27

Hey bro, I'll be responding to the album very soon. Just trying to work out a few things.

Response to New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-10-02 20:35:13

At 10/1/12 08:55 PM, stratkat wrote: Thank you for listening.:] And really? I thought at least glitching time would stand out some.

the glitching wasn't very musical and sounded like it was added as an afterthought. 'off the rails' wasn't too bad though.

i have forced myself to listen to almost the whole thing. the only piece of advice i can really offer is that you should spend more time working on your tunes. if i were you, i would have chosen 4 or 5 songs that i really liked, spent more time refining them, then released it as an EP instead.

Response to New Edm/vg Album (cloud Kicker) 2012-10-03 17:40:17

At 10/2/12 08:35 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 10/1/12 08:55 PM, stratkat wrote: Thank you for listening.:] And really? I thought at least glitching time would stand out some.
the glitching wasn't very musical and sounded like it was added as an afterthought. 'off the rails' wasn't too bad though.

i have forced myself to listen to almost the whole thing. the only piece of advice i can really offer is that you should spend more time working on your tunes. if i were you, i would have chosen 4 or 5 songs that i really liked, spent more time refining them, then released it as an EP instead.

Well, glitch originally wasn't intended for the album, it was a project for school, but it was well received, and I it'd sorta give some variety. I spent a year on it, I made the songs to the best of my ability:/ I wanted to pay for mastering to polish it up, but I'm broke.
Thank you for listening, I appreciate it.:]