00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cintiq 2012-09-29 23:40:19

Got one?

Has it has actually sped you up and what you think the real benefits are over a regular graphics tablet?

Response to Cintiq 2012-09-30 02:34:35

At 9/29/12 11:40 PM, Ockeroid wrote: Got one?

Has it has actually sped you up and what you think the real benefits are over a regular graphics tablet?

I just got one (12WX) a couple of days ago. The first thing,that bugged me was that everything felt really slippery and squiggly,
but It's just me, 'cause my mom didn't have any problems with drawing on it. I think, the Cintiq needs some time to get used to. It's not your average drawing tablet. It's a completely different level of experience.

BBS Signature

Response to Cintiq 2012-09-30 13:34:45

At 9/30/12 02:34 AM, CzySzy wrote:
At 9/29/12 11:40 PM, Ockeroid wrote: Got one?

I just got one (12WX) a couple of days ago. The first thing,that bugged me was that everything felt really slippery and squiggly,
but It's just me, 'cause my mom didn't have any problems with drawing on it. I think, the Cintiq needs some time to get used to. It's not your average drawing tablet. It's a completely different level of experience.

Being slippery is pretty usually for tablets in general, I think. Swapping the nib can help with that.
Do you find you have to re-draw lines less so far?

Response to Cintiq 2012-10-01 19:43:26

Hey there.
I've got both a Cintiq 24HD and a Bamboo tablet. I understand that this is pretty much the most expensive product vs the least expensive but my impression is that the Cintiq works much better in terms of a tool.
The Bamboo requires you to draw with your hand in one area while looking at the lines in another, breaking the hand-eye coordination I had developed drawing on paper. Anytime I want to use the bamboo, I need at least a week or two to get used to this 'disconnection'.
While the Cintiq does not have the same feel as pen and paper, is much more intuitive to me because it allows me to keep my hand-eye coordination so I can draw the same as I would on paper.

Response to Cintiq 2012-10-09 16:40:25

After using a Cintiq (21inch), I don't think I could ever go back to my old tablet!

Response to Cintiq 2012-10-10 09:41:22

I have the 12" sometimes when drawing with an average tablet I'd have to try a few times to get a line the way I wanted with the brush. With the cintiq my drawing by hand skills transfered over a lot more and my ability to draw faster digitally also increased. My work flow is a lot better with a cintiq than with a intuos 3 and I've used a intuos 3 for about 7 years. If I were to save up I'd definitely buy the cintiq 24".