00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games Factory 2

1,107 Views | 1 Reply

Games Factory 2 2012-09-28 12:45:34

I needed to know how to make a spawn system were if a player ran into a save button witch is an action and want it to spawn the player there when he dies 1 time. This is a plat former game.

The image shows the plate I am using and the play (witch will be changed and the save in the top left. help please

Games Factory 2

Response to Games Factory 2 2012-10-04 22:29:23

At 9/28/12 12:45 PM, fishirboy wrote: I needed to know how to make a spawn system were if a player ran into a save button witch is an action and want it to spawn the player there when he dies 1 time. This is a plat former game.

The image shows the plate I am using and the play (witch will be changed and the save in the top left. help please

Click on your player active. Go to the properties section. Under the A-Z icon tab there should be alterable values. Create two of them using the "new" button. Name one SaveX and one SaveY. Go into the event editor.

+When player overlaps checkpoint
+Only one event when loop
-Set SaveX alterable value (under your player active's actions-> values) to X position of checkpoint
-Set SaveY alterable value (under your player active's actions-> values) to Y position of checkpoint

+(Player dies; however you decide to code this)
-Set player X position to SaveX
-Set player Y position to SaveY