00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How Do I Reduce The Size Of A Swf?!

518 Views | 3 Replies

I spent a long time creating this flash and it ended up being 93megabytes how do I reduce the file to were it can fit into newgrounds 20 megabyte standard?

you will be credited if you can help...

Response to How Do I Reduce The Size Of A Swf?! 2012-09-24 23:08:17

I really doubt you'll be able to compress it that much. You could PM Tom Fulp and ask him to increase your file size limit so that you could submit it.

I think there's also a way to make it so that it gets stuff from another source. So you could make it so it grabs the music from a website that you uploaded it to. I could be wrong about that, but if you want to do it you could ask about it in the flash forum. I recommend you just ask Tom to increase your file size though.

Response to How Do I Reduce The Size Of A Swf?! 2012-09-24 23:12:32

At 9/24/12 11:08 PM, Jolly wrote: I really doubt you'll be able to compress it that much. You could PM Tom Fulp and ask him to increase your file size limit so that you could submit it.

I think there's also a way to make it so that it gets stuff from another source. So you could make it so it grabs the music from a website that you uploaded it to. I could be wrong about that, but if you want to do it you could ask about it in the flash forum. I recommend you just ask Tom to increase your file size though.

Also, if you PM Tom and ask him to increase the file size, I recommend you upload it to The NG Dump and include a link to it in the PM. I think he only increases your submission size limit if he knows that it's a quality submission.

Response to How Do I Reduce The Size Of A Swf?! 2012-09-25 16:50:00

This might be a bit outdated, but some of it could still be relevant. Also, I think you should ask this in the Flash Forum. If there's no way you can get it below the 20 MB limit, then PM Tom and ask him for permission to submit your file.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature