00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fallout or elder scrolls

3,337 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 11:31:24

well, seeing as it's of a similar genre- i'd pick borderlands over those two any day

i mean who could say no to mad max: the game?

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 14:13:21

Kids these days are like that. They're all about "the new stuffs", don't care about good old classics. Damn youngsters...

and like i say that's the bitch of it my friend

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 14:23:01

At 9/15/12 04:32 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 9/15/12 04:27 PM, desert116 wrote: TES, mainly because the medieval fantasy setting is so much more interesting then the generic post-apocalyptism of Fallout.
Oh boy this is gonna end badly.

It's going to end with me agreeing with him. There aint room for creativity and innovation in the post apocalypse AND NO HOT GIRLS. In a "generic" fantasy game you can have varying and different environments, and hot girls, you can create interesting looking monsters and enemy types, and more hot girls.

and hot girls
hot girls
THEY CAN BE FUCKING PURPLE
THEY CAN BE FURRIES C'MON!

/Thread

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 16:02:07

AND NO HOT GIRLS.

and hot girls
hot girls

fair enough

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 17:10:52

Take a look at my signature.

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 17:20:42

At 9/17/12 04:02 PM, darkjam wrote: AND NO HOT GIRLS.
and hot girls
hot girls
fair enough

...that's true.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 17:33:26

At 9/17/12 10:10 AM, scoutthesoldier wrote:
At 9/17/12 09:45 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/17/12 09:16 AM, Lucian-MK-IV wrote:
At 9/17/12 08:07 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/17/12 07:47 AM, Lucian-MK-IV wrote: Kids these days are like that. They're all about "the new stuffs", don't care about good old classics. Damn youngsters...
Skyrim is the best one anyway.
Depends on what you like. For example, my friend prefers Morrowind cause he thinks the storyline is the best, whereas i agree with you - Skyrim is the best one. I like the whole nordic climate thing.
I actually still do like Morrowind and Oblivion, I just thought the story was superior in Skyrim and just generally a better game to play.
I love Skyrim. At this point of time, it's always coming out with new DLCs. I think Skyrim is better than the first one, Arena. Can't get past the dungeon (first level) >:(

I'd really have to say that I like Oblivion better than Skyrim for three main reasons:

1) Oblivion has a significantly better setting than Skyrim and, possibly, that of any other TES game (save Arena). Cyrodill's location in the center of Tamriel provides a situation where the mingling of many different races is not only plausible, but likely. When you play Skyrim with any race other than Nord, Dark Elf, or Breton, you end up feeling like you have no reason to be there. The fact that you get a dialogue option when talking to non-Nord races to ask them what they're doing so far from home is definitely telling. If anything, finding out you're the "Dragon Born" as a High Elf or Argonian is certainly strange.

2) Let's be honest here, the cities aren't great. Now don't get me wrong, I think that they definitely fit into the setting; It makes sense that Skyrim is less developed than Cyrodill. However, that doesn't change the fact that Oblivion's cities were just more interesting places to be than anything found in Skyrim. Whiterun, Skyrim's most prosperous community, feels like a village compared to the Imperial City. Dawnstar, Winterhold, and Falkreath actually are villages. Trekking about in the wilds is fun and all, but every once in a while it feels nice to return to some semblance of civilization. Again, I understand that Bethesda were aiming for more of a "wild" feeling when the developed Skyrim, and I think they succeeded. On the other hand, I feel as though Oblivion delivers the best of both worlds, letting you enjoy both the wilderness and more metropolitan areas.

3) The economy is broken. I really can't say it more nicely than that. There's a lot to sell and little incentive to buy, causing you to accumulate wealth like some sort of Business Magnate. I swear, there should be an option for starting "Loot Sellers LLC" with all the wealth you bring in. In Oblivion, not only was it harder to make money, but vendors often sold one or two special enchanted items, which, although exuberantly priced, gave you something to reach for if you actually did get rich.

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 20:43:57

At 9/17/12 08:07 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/17/12 07:47 AM, Lucian-MK-IV wrote: Kids these days are like that. They're all about "the new stuffs", don't care about good old classics. Damn youngsters...
Skyrim is the best one anyway.

nah, Oblivion and Morrowind are definitely better.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-17 23:23:09

At 9/17/12 05:33 PM, draco889 wrote: 2) Let's be honest here, the cities aren't great.

This is my main reason for preferring Oblivion. The cities are brilliant and vastly different. Whereas half of the major cities in Skyrim are not only similar, but they look just like other generic villages you can find across the game. Nothing quite matches the feel of walking about the stone walls of The Imperial City, or the wooden corridors of Skingrad.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 14:02:04

Nothing quite matches the feel of walking about the stone walls of The Imperial City, or the wooden corridors of Skingrad.
or the cozyness of cherindal or whatever it's called

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 14:15:15

At 9/18/12 02:02 PM, darkjam wrote: ...cherindal or whatever it's called

Cheydinhal, where the always awesome Dark Brotherhood resides.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 15:01:48

At 9/17/12 11:23 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 9/17/12 05:33 PM, draco889 wrote: 2) Let's be honest here, the cities aren't great.
This is my main reason for preferring Oblivion. The cities are brilliant and vastly different. Whereas half of the major cities in Skyrim are not only similar, but they look just like other generic villages you can find across the game. Nothing quite matches the feel of walking about the stone walls of The Imperial City, or the wooden corridors of Skingrad.

Of all the towns in Oblivion I still like Chorrol most. I just love that square with the oak tree in the middle. Skingrad and Cheydinhal rank second and third with me.

I don't like the Imperial City much to be honest. Those high walls just make everything feel a bit crammed up. Also, I don't like how you have to sit through loadings screens every time you move between districts. But yeah, at least there's lots of variety which is nice.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 15:08:30

At 9/15/12 03:36 PM, darkjam wrote: bethesdas two biggest money makers but which is your favorite? for me without a doubt it has to be fallout, fallout 3 especially

I could never get on with Elder Scrolls, I just preferred the idea of giving someone radiation sickness, just by having them drink from a toilet.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 15:20:46

I like Fallout more because I find the post-apocalyptic world it presented to be much more fascinating than the somewhat cliche middle earth thing that the Elder Scrolls had going on. That's not to say that I dislike the Elder Scrolls, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 16:05:13

Cheydinhal, where the always awesome Dark Brotherhood resides.

and that's why it's the best town in the whole game

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-18 18:50:06

fallout for me 1. because of the post-apocolyptic setting
2. i generally enjoy sci-fy over fantasy
3. i enjoyed the fallout storylines more
4. in new vegas all of the dlcs influenced eachother and the main storyline
5. there is a wider variety of weapons and armor
6. there is a wide variety of enemies (raiders,enclave,nature,etc.)

I definitely can't wait for the next fallout

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-20 18:45:56

I prefer Fallout. It just seems better to me.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 01:49:55

I don't know why, but I couldn't ever really get into the Fallout series. I probably played Fallout and Fallout New Vegas a little over 10 hours before I got tired of them. The post apocalyptic world doesn't really appeal to me.

I prefer the elder scrolls. I like medieval and swords better than post apocalyptic and guns.

At 9/17/12 09:45 AM, simon wrote: I actually still do like Morrowind and Oblivion, I just thought the story was superior in Skyrim and just generally a better game to play.

I hated almost every single Skyrim quest, especially the main quest. I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim. It's way better, in my opinion. I actually enjoyed the quest in Oblivion. I pretty much forced myself to continue playing Skyrim.

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 05:03:35

Well I've played more TES games, and I've only played Fallout 3 (still looking for New Vegas) so based on that knowledge I'd say I prefer TES rather than Fallout. But I also love Fallout too, just not as much.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 05:33:15

They're both really good franchises, but I think I prefer TES.

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 10:31:09

I love the Bethesda Fallout games, but the Elder Scrolls has a special place in my heart. I started with Daggerfall , but really fell in love with Morrowind. And Oblivion and Skyrim are just two of my favorite games ever.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 11:46:12

Having only played a fraction of the games I can't say for certain, but probably Fallout.

Neither Oblivion or Skyrim really did anything for me. They're both very shallow. I quite like to play Skyrim when I listen to podcasts and such in the same was I like to grind in JRPGs when I do so, because it's mindless enough that it doesn't distract from what I'm listening to while still giving me something to do, but as a game it falls flat. Oblivion I just couldn't get into at all and dropped a few hours in. Haven't played any of the earlier ones.

Fallout wise, I enjoyed the first game and New Vegas, and thought 3 was decent enough. Haven't played 2 or any of the spin offs.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-21 13:15:48

At 9/21/12 11:46 AM, TheMaster wrote: Having only played a fraction of the games I can't say for certain, but probably Fallout.

Neither Oblivion or Skyrim really did anything for me. They're both very shallow. I quite like to play Skyrim when I listen to podcasts and such in the same was I like to grind in JRPGs when I do so, because it's mindless enough that it doesn't distract from what I'm listening to while still giving me something to do, but as a game it falls flat. Oblivion I just couldn't get into at all and dropped a few hours in. Haven't played any of the earlier ones.

Thats exactly how I felt with Oblivion, I was just bored. The combats a bit rubbish - hit an unarmoured enemy, enemy flinches and screams in pain then carries on attacking with no sign of injury. Theres something about the graphics too - usually it doesn't bother me, I love Half Life 1, KOTOR and San Andreas for instance - they've got old graphics that haven't aged too well, but with Oblivion I just think it looks ugly.

god

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-23 10:55:52

Weird thing is I really want to like Skyrim more, but I just enjoy Fallout more and always will. I love the dark humour, I love the references, I love the music, I love it all to bits.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to fallout or elder scrolls 2012-09-24 13:06:39

I love the dark humour, I love the references, I love the music, I love it all to bits.
yeah i know what you mean like blowing up a random slaver, that is the best thing to do in the whole game or set them free and then blow their heads off with a gauss rifle

BBS Signature