00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MEGASHIO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy

19,983 Views | 46 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 09:20:58

Madness Day is just 8 days away! Prize info and details have been announced on the Madness Day 2012 page. There are prizes for movies, games, music and art so check it out and GO GO GO if you haven't started!

There have been some big changes in the Audio Portal this week. Since its inception in 2003, the Audio Portal has depended on a handful of moderators to vet every incoming artist. They've done an amazing job for nearly a decade now but it was a huge burden for everyone. As of this week, the Audio Portal has adopted the Art Portal scouting system. If you haven't been scouted, your audio will still be available on your user page and registered users have browsing options for artists who haven't been scouted. Scouted musicians have the ability to scout other musicians, while any registered user can recommend someone for scouting, which puts them on the radar on a special listing used by scouted artists.

This dramatically increases the pool of people who can vet newcomers and it will HOPEFULLY WORK BETTER.

Want to work with an up-and-coming unknown voice actor? Just sort the Voice Acting category to show "Un-scouted Artists" instead of "Approved Artists." Or better yet, if you're an approved musician or voice actor, use that listing to give other guys a hand up.

Nutcasenightmare (of The Game and Gap Monsters fame) has set up a Kickstarter for an impressive new game site: CHECK THIS OUT NOW.

Round 4 of the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animators has come to a close. Coughing-Dog submitted an entry but it wasn't finished so it's not in the Portal yet. The final match-up will be announced next week!

Halloween is next month so get started on those SPOOKY Halloween submissions! We'll have contests around all that too.

Do you guys want to have an Animation Jam the weekend of September 28th?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 09:22:27

niiiiiiice :3

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 09:25:57

fap

le announcement thread about hte new audio scouting system by PG right here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1318101

fap

Wakka wakka

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 09:49:29

I thought you'd never ask YES

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 09:53:26

At 9/14/12 09:49 AM, Tyler wrote:
I thought you'd never ask YES

I started 2012 with that ambitious schedule of alternating game and animation jams... Then totally failed. Want to get back on track.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:11:28

Cool.

also not to be a grammar nazi Tom but it's "Since its inception in 2003", not "Since it's inception in 2003"

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:13:06

Yes, definitely want an animation jam.
My team fell apart last time, but I really want to get something through this time around.

Also, Tom, yearly pumpkin contest gonna run again come that time?

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:14:25

So are all previous approved audio artists still approved?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:17:19

At 9/14/12 10:11 AM, Gimmick wrote: Cool.
also not to be a grammar nazi Tom but it's "Since its inception in 2003", not "Since it's inception in 2003"

Whoops fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:18:28

At 9/14/12 10:13 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Also, Tom, yearly pumpkin contest gonna run again come that time?

Yeah, we'll do the pumpkins!

And man... We usually do the Treasure Hunt in October. I still never got through last year. The good news is we started making date cut-offs so this year would start where last year ended... Meaning we should still do it and I should get some people to help me parse through the shit-ton of suggestions.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:18:44

At 9/14/12 10:14 AM, LiquidFire wrote: So are all previous approved audio artists still approved?

All previous audio artists are scouted by default.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:20:29

8 fuckin days to make all 4 bosses for my Madness Game!!!? DX

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:22:25

At 9/14/12 10:20 AM, Spudzy wrote: 8 fuckin days to make all 4 bosses for my Madness Game!!!? DX

That's 2 days per boss, GO 4 IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:30:26

At 9/14/12 10:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/14/12 10:20 AM, Spudzy wrote: 8 fuckin days to make all 4 bosses for my Madness Game!!!? DX
That's 2 days per boss, GO 4 IT!

I'll try my best sir!

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 10:38:54

This is a shameless self-promotion, but I've got an art contest going on in the Art Forum, guys, complete with prizes! We haven't had any submissions as of this writing, so you could win big if you give it your all!!!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 11:03:09

I feel I should go look around in the audio portal and scout someone now....
Is the scouting system the same as the one for art? Or are there slight differences?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 12:23:41

At 9/14/12 11:03 AM, Viper50 wrote: I feel I should go look around in the audio portal and scout someone now....
Is the scouting system the same as the one for art? Or are there slight differences?

Scouting itself is about the same, there are some slight differences in browsing tools.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 12:23:57

Heads up, I added the next MOVIE JAM -and- GAME JAM to the calendar!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 12:37:05

Shit tons of activity going on this month. still asking around for other artists wanting to hop on for the NGAP idea, but only few have submissions for characters to model and damn...i forgot to make a thread about it; I'd better do that.

Good luck to everyone this month on their projects!

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 13:10:08

At 9/14/12 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Hell...fucking...yes.

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 13:41:11

Nice Update Tom! And yes I'd love to see an animation jam why the hell not?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 14:08:56

Since the audio portal is being reformed... has the time finally come to fix the name of the "classical rock" genre (to "classic rock") and the "accordian" typo in the credits options (to "accordion")?

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 14:25:31

At 9/14/12 02:08 PM, Buoy wrote: Since the audio portal is being reformed... has the time finally come to fix the name of the "classical rock" genre (to "classic rock") and the "accordian" typo in the credits options (to "accordion")?

lol I put them on the bug list. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 14:54:21

When will that Madness preloader be ready, Tom? Getting down to the wire... :o

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 15:18:56

With this in mind I shall go punch sharks in the snout.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 15:40:18

At 9/14/12 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Do you guys want to have an Animation Jam the weekend of September 28th?

That would be awesome! Would there be a specific topic or will animators just work to create whatever they can during the weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 15:41:33

At 9/14/12 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Nutcasenightmare (of The Game and Gap Monsters fame) has set up a Kickstarter for an impressive new game site: CHECK THIS OUT NOW.

Thanks for the plug, Tom! :D
THE CRAFTYY KICKSTARTER

But yes, Craftyy is something like a Wikipedia-for-games.
As in, anyone can add onto anyone else's games and ideas.

Maybe some awesome bigger-than-any-one-person-could-make games will come out of it
Or maybe a bunch of weird exquisite corpses.

In either case, I hope you'll find it as exciting as... uh... something exciting!

Games, Toons, and Other Escapes From Reality.

NutcaseNightmare [dot] com

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 18:03:52

At 9/14/12 04:27 PM, Mr-Shark wrote:
At 9/14/12 03:18 PM, sweet21 wrote: With this in mind I shall go punch sharks in the snout.
That's a terrible idea, what did the sharks ever do to you.

they killed my pet bunny fru fru.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 18:09:41

Uh, another update. :3

A wild lurker appeared!

Response to Audio Updates, Contests, Craftyy 2012-09-14 20:41:49

At 9/14/12 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Want to work with an up-and-coming unknown voice actor? Just sort the Voice Acting category to show "Un-scouted Artists" instead of "Approved Artists." Or better yet, if you're an approved musician or voice actor, use that listing to give other guys a hand up.

That's something that has been asked for for the art portal endless times before. Is it possible to add that feature there too? The current "unscouted section" is kinda buggy at times and that way unscouted artists could actually browse the section and recommend others properly. At the moment this only happens if they happen to stumble upon someone's art who is not already scouted.

Please?

BBS Signature