00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reputation Changer

887 Views | 14 Replies

Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 20:42:53

I heard on the radio just a few minutes ago that there's a website that claims to "combat negative press, rip off reports, social media attacks,forum posts and other negative search results pertaining to your name or business."

How would Newgrounders feel about this, and others using this program?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 20:44:50

Wouldn't that be a form of censorship? I'm pretty sure there would be a law against that.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 20:46:11

It would greatly make this forum suck, that's for sure.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 22:07:11

Who cares?

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 22:09:30

Soooo... knock out negative, and likely accurate, reviews just so you can look better?

Yeah, this sounds like something a corrupt dictator would do.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 22:13:31

At 9/7/12 10:11 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:09 PM, Narcissy wrote: Yeah, this sounds like something a corrupt dictator would do.
or more realistically a shitty movie maker like uwe boll

Or MikeyS9607, back in the day.

Also, how surprising.

Reputation Changer

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 22:20:19

At 9/7/12 10:15 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: maybe that's because ten people know about this

I think you're grossly underestimating the numbers here. If they really have "over 1000 satisfied customers" that's saying they've been in business a while. And if they can just change results on search engines, then they got quite a bit of power behind them.

By a look back, they've been around for at least 2010. I think it's just recently they became accredited as a business.

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 22:41:02

At 9/7/12 10:15 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:13 PM, Narcissy wrote: Also, how surprising.
maybe that's because ten people know about this

I first heard about it this afternoon and had to write it down so I didn't forget like I usually do. I would think that if they can get an advertisement as long a one as they did, they'd have to have some money to back it up, which would imply some kind of business success.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 23:14:52

At 9/7/12 10:41 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:15 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:13 PM, Narcissy wrote: Also, how surprising.
maybe that's because ten people know about this
I first heard about it this afternoon and had to write it down so I didn't forget like I usually do. I would think that if they can get an advertisement as long a one as they did, they'd have to have some money to back it up, which would imply some kind of business success.

Ok. First things first. Radio advertisements are cheap. "LIke, you and me could afford them" cheap (unless you're running your entire campaign over the radio and want 30+ rotations everyday, but nobody wants that anymore). In fact, the only type of advertisement that could be considered a big enough investment to denote "we've made it" would be a superbowl ad.

Now. Onto the company itself.

The services being offered by RepuatationChanger are basically a few select services usually provided by a PR agency. But RC aren't marketing themselves as a PR agency because a) they're not a full-service agency and b) they're targeting small business owners who don't know what PR is.

"But how ethical is this" the truth is, not ethical at all. But this isn't anything. This has been going on since PR agencies were founded back in the 1920s.

(I used to work as a PR account executive at Ogilvy & Mather for Coca-Cola and Samsung).

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 23:15:53

At 9/7/12 11:14 PM, WaterShake wrote: (I used to work as a PR account executive at Ogilvy & Mather for Coca-Cola and Samsung).

How's the pay?

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 23:18:54

How would Newgrounders feel about this, and others using this program?

The internet would be no more, we would die.

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 23:19:17

At 9/7/12 11:14 PM, WaterShake wrote: Ok. First things first. Radio advertisements are cheap. "LIke, you and me could afford them" cheap (unless you're running your entire campaign over the radio and want 30+ rotations everyday, but nobody wants that anymore).

Figured that much. If I hear it ten more times, I'll make a note in the future.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-07 23:20:22

At 9/7/12 11:15 PM, Narcissy wrote:
At 9/7/12 11:14 PM, WaterShake wrote: (I used to work as a PR account executive at Ogilvy & Mather for Coca-Cola and Samsung).
How's the pay?

The pay was great. The pay would have gotten significantly better as I aged (internal policy meant I couldn't be promoted to Senior Account Executive, or Account Manager until I was over 21).

The hours were very, very long though. E.g during Coca-Cola's 125th Anniversary campaign, we would start work at 6:30 AM and usually finish around 1-2 AM. This went on for 2 weeks.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-08 12:14:28

Is this some kind of PROPAGANDA???

At 9/7/12 10:11 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 9/7/12 10:09 PM, Narcissy wrote: Yeah, this sounds like something a corrupt dictator would do.
or more realistically a shitty movie maker like uwe boll

They change reputation ,they are not miracle makers

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Reputation Changer 2012-09-10 20:21:17

Could they change the reputation of the worse video game of all time?
PC World voted ET how do you think Steven Speilberg feels about that?

I think the thing with these review websites like reputationchanger.com, reputation, profiledefenders.com, and any of the other big ones you hear about they are just like the big 3 automotive makers. they provide jobs piss a lot of people off and satisfy others for providing a need or solution to a problem.