00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

= Club Stoic =

44,628 Views | 198 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-10-10 13:28:34

So have any of you guys heard of Harmony of Heroes yet? Its 101 tracks of pure VGM epicness. Its songs from a lot of the characters in the Smash Bros Franchise, mostly Nintendo characters. If you havent checked it out, or even heard of it, you need to do so now. Whats even better is that a few of the composers right here on NG helped contribute to it, one of them being the famous Step!

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-10-31 23:33:03 (edited 2014-10-31 23:36:53)

Listening to some tunes from Miles Edgeworth Investigation 2, and I'm enjoying this in particular.

(SPOILERS I suppose)

If feels calculated, and disciplined, yet at the sametime somewhat cold and inhuman. It invokes the image of samurai to me, and it really fits the character it's for to a T.

This, and This are also great tracks. The Ace Attorney series always has great characters and music.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-01 17:41:30

It most definitely wasn't easy, but I made a top 20 list of legendary Pokemon Battle themes.

http://thegamechanger.newgrounds.com/news/post/910210

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-04 01:30:38

Ever heard of the final boss music of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, which is Adventure's End?

Well apparently there's already a remix of it, and it's a synthesia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEWKlB-mQSw

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-04 16:16:59

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-21 01:56:42

Since Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has already been released in some parts of the world, the battle music has already been leaked out into YouTube.

I compiled all the battle music onto a news post. Most of it is 10 hour long extensions. I may not have found all of the battle music yet, so I will update it in the future every time I find something that I can put in it.

All Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Battle Themes!

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-21 02:09:09

At 11/21/14 01:56 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Since Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has already been released in some parts of the world, the battle music has already been leaked out into YouTube.

This all sounds excellent. Nintendo has done a great job with the songs.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-21 18:14:36

At 11/21/14 01:56 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:

There's so much battle music that I had to split the news post in two.

The link above now links to the first part, which has only the trainer battle themes.

The second part has all of the legendary Pokemon battle themes, including Deoxys!

All Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Battle Themes Part 2

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-22 01:40:33

At 11/21/14 06:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote

The second part has all of the legendary Pokemon battle themes, including Deoxys!

All Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Battle Themes Part 2

Good job including the extra battle themes.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-11-25 21:33:28

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-12-02 00:07:21

I finally made the main page of the official Video Game Music Archive. I'm not going to make any more video games music news posts for a while, since it's going to be a very time-consuming task linking all of the video game music news posts that I have made to each other.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-12-14 01:19:44

I made some Pokemon-related news posts:

Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure Music

All Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Battle Themes
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 5 Music Part 1
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 5 Music Part 2
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 5 Music Part 3

Anyways, I'm taking a break from Pokemon music for now and I'll be making news posts of every single music in the Super Smash Bros. Series, starting with the first game.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-12-14 23:02:37

Well it has been a while since I've made a post here. Since I have more free time and a lot of stuff with The Interviewer off my shoulders now I can come back to this club. I'm looking to compile a list of ice level/snow level music and I want to know what some of your favorites are.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2014-12-16 16:03:43

I'm having a blast collecting all of the Super Smash Bros. music!
Super Smash Bros. Series Music Table of Contents

I'm already on Super Smash Bros. 4, with all of Mario RPG music that's in Smash Bros. 4 all on one page!

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-01-06 19:02:30

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-01-06 22:32:31

At 1/6/15 07:02 PM, darkjam wrote: This shouldn't be good. But it is.

You don't speak much to me. We barely respond to each other's posts. The moment you do and you share this? How the fuck did you find this? I NEED TO KNOW!

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-01-09 12:51:32

At 1/6/15 10:32 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
You don't speak much to me. We barely respond to each other's posts. The moment you do and you share this? How the fuck did you find this? I NEED TO KNOW!

The one time youtube suggestions was helpful

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-01-31 15:05:03

Listening to the AC: Blackflag Soundtrack.

It seems Blackflag may be the last truly great game in this series, and to be honest I'm not entirely opposed to this. I'd rather have the series remembered for it's great few rather then its mass of bland cookie cutter installments.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-02-09 16:30:39 (edited 2015-02-09 16:32:07)

At 2/8/15 05:25 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 1/9/15 12:51 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 1/6/15 10:32 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
The one time youtube suggestions was helpful
The video was apparently removed by the user. I didn't get to see it. What was it?.

It was a remix of the Xenoblade Chronicles track "you will not our names" called psynoblade chronicles, you will know our styles. It was actually pretty good. Shame that it got taken down.
Found it.

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-02-28 11:42:08

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-03-09 17:37:53

Ever heard of Delta Brony, aka KingSpartaX37?

This guy's been making making several My Little Pony crossover music with several different video game franchises!

Here's an example of this guy's work: [DKC2 x My Little Pony Friendship is Magic] Everfree Forest Interlude

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-03-17 11:45:04

Bad News: Apparently the YouTube channel that had 10 hours extensions of Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire music and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS music has been deleted by YouTube, meaning I have to go searching for that music for the Video game Music Archive all over again!

In the meantime I'll just upload Metroid music. (I'm currently up to Metroid Prime)

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-06-18 17:46:33 (edited 2015-06-18 17:56:07)

Right now I'm really enjoying the soundtrack from TES IV: Oblivion.

It's a well regarded soundtrack, with music that's fitting for general relaxation, to tense, ambient tracks used for sneaking around caves and ruins, to more epic themed battle music. It's a great, well orchestrated soundtrack from a game I love.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-06-18 22:35:48

At 6/18/15 05:46 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Right now I'm really enjoying the soundtrack from TES IV: Oblivion.

It's a well regarded soundtrack, with music that's fitting for general relaxation, to tense, ambient tracks used for sneaking around caves and ruins, to more epic themed battle music. It's a great, well orchestrated soundtrack from a game I love.

I dunno, I always found The Elder Scrolls music pretty... generic really.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-07-06 20:55:02

The game has just been announced and there's already a 10-hour extension of the boss theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiTbwuRUBAY

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-07-18 13:34:35 (edited 2015-07-18 13:34:42)

Napoleon Total War had a brilliant soundtrack, it truly does fit the game.

The Battle at Austerlitz, and the menu theme has to be my favorite tracks.

Link

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-07-29 00:33:06 (edited 2015-07-29 00:47:36)

Been too long since ive posted here, seeing as VG music is a passion of mine, and especially seeing as I just finished a semester while hosting a radio show that featured only VG music.

Heres 5 more amazing songs for you guys

Also, im shit at describing stuff, so sorry if my descriptions of these songs arent very good

Squid Sisters Theme(Final Boss Theme Part 2) - Splatoon
This is the second song you hear in the final boss battle of Splatoon, and its easily my favorite song of the entire game. Its just so upbeat and catchy

Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme) - Bastion
I believe this is the final theme you hear in the game, though its been awhile, so I might have that wrong. Anyway, theres just something about this song man, its just really good.

The Rim of Battle Mountain - Epic Battle Fantasy 4
A song by our very own @Phyrnna! And yes, this counts, since EBF4 was released on Steam. But goddamn, does Phyrnna know music! This track gets your heart pumping and blood flowing, ready for a battle!

Miller Ball Breakers - Jet Set Radio
When you talk about VG music, you cant forget about JSR! This game is full of awesome songs, and this is just one of them.

Silence of the Forest - Bravely Default
Bravely Default has some amazing music in it, which is good, because while OST might not be as big as some games, what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality, meaning that even though you'll be hearing several of these themes over and over again, you'll never get tired of them. This is just one of those amazing themes

And one more for good measure: Conquest (Ablaze) - Fire Emblem: Awakening
All of you need to go listen to the entire soundtrack of this game RIGHT NOW, even if you have no intention of actually playing the game. This game has one fan-fucking-tastic soundtrack. Your ears will thank you for listening to this OST. This particular song is just one of many. Its super upbeat, and gets you going right from the get-go.

So there ya go. Also wanted to ask, is it okay to talk about VG remixes here as well? There are some amazing remixes of well loved songs out there, and I think they warrant discussion

(@The-Great-One You and I need to talk VG music more often)

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-08-05 23:12:33

found this thread through thegreatone's signature, love the stuff posted so far, will post some favourites too

ace combat 4 - agnus dei
really grandiose, the track is an absolute perfect fit in the mission in plays in

ogre battle - overture
my favourite theme out of any jrpg i've played bar none. there are renditions out there made with an orchestra used for later titles in the franchise but i have a soft spot for the snes one, i just feel it has the most character.

snatcher - pleasure of tension
as the track name implies it sets the tension well, favourite track off snatcher.

mighty switch force! - love you love you love you
it's just really fucking catchy

simcity 4 - no gridlock
the soundtrack of sim city 4 kicks so much fucking ass, listening to them fills me with memories of playing this game on my piece of shit emachines. this game just has so many songs which sends me back in time for a split moment, i can't describe how much these songs move me emotionally without fail every time. i can't praise this shit enough it's just pure perfection

anyways, that's my random five. as a side note if you guys are interested in video game covers give pooppoopfart on youtube a shot, his stuff is top notch.

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-08-09 20:00:36

Bumping this thread to share the greatness that is this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNozy34pYk

Might honestly be my new favorite ever. Absolutely in love.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to = Club Stoic = 2015-08-20 00:35:35

I can't believe that a NSFW game had music this good.
[Music] Monster Girl Quest ► Final Battle - Ilias Final Form ║Extended║