00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

All you voting 5 = Complete idiots

4,370 Views | 44 Replies

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 19:18:42

How about this, revoke the voting rights of new users forcing them to be a level 1 for say... two-three months, but are still able to write reviews. As time passes, you unlock new abilities on NG, IE: ability to vote if you're proven to be a user and not some spammer, same with submitting flash, audio etc. The longer you stay and prove your worth, the faster you unlock abilities and things of the sort. May end up pissing off a few users, but to the contrary it would clear up spam, definitly, but at the same time user responsibility falls into the same category. The admins could do this, but it'll be our decisions in the long run that make the effect.

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 19:19:13

At 8/23/12 06:55 AM, Scarface wrote: Dude, Tarboy's been up there for three years, and there are other flashes that have been up there for just as long or longer. Sometimes flashes shoot up to the top for a few weeks, then settle back down. It doesn't mean there's no old flashes on the top 50 list.

Exactly this, I think the OP might just be some butt hurt fan of "Pikachu on Acid."

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 19:24:24

At 8/23/12 07:07 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: unless its like egoraptor or oney or something then their like shit.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 19:30:53

At 8/23/12 07:18 PM, Kanon wrote: How about this, revoke the voting rights of new users forcing them to be a level 1 for say... two-three months, but are still able to write reviews. As time passes, you unlock new abilities on NG, IE: ability to vote if you're proven to be a user and not some spammer, same with submitting flash, audio etc. The longer you stay and prove your worth, the faster you unlock abilities and things of the sort. May end up pissing off a few users, but to the contrary it would clear up spam, definitly, but at the same time user responsibility falls into the same category. The admins could do this, but it'll be our decisions in the long run that make the effect.

No because then new users would be getting punish because of the actions of a select few. Plus a lot of flash would still be under judgement meaning the portal would clog up and if something hasn't passed judgement that has left the 50 most recent flashes it will end up staying there for days, weeks, maybe even months. This has happened before in the past do you really want a repeat of that because of a few idiots?

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 21:55:00

At 8/23/12 08:59 AM, NerdLiife wrote: Relevant picture is relevant.

Lol nice one.

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-23 22:33:26

you mad?

All you voting 5 = Complete idiots

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 02:21:33

At 8/23/12 10:00 PM, Travis wrote: At some point, even voting 5 on a submission will lower it's score. Yes, it's happened to me.

No it didn't. The submission would need to have a score higher than 5 if voting 5 would lower it.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 07:41:58

At 8/23/12 07:30 PM, LittleWashu wrote: This has happened before in the past do you really want a repeat of that because of a few idiots?

I'll be honest with you, I didn't think it has ever been done before. But it was really that bad? I just figured maybe if you added a veterancy program maybe it'll root out trolls from people who legitimately enjoy the forums for association and not to be a dick to others. Please though do tell me more about this, as my curiousity is peaked.

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 11:20:47

At 8/24/12 07:41 AM, Kanon wrote:
At 8/23/12 07:30 PM, LittleWashu wrote: This has happened before in the past do you really want a repeat of that because of a few idiots?
I'll be honest with you, I didn't think it has ever been done before. But it was really that bad? I just figured maybe if you added a veterancy program maybe it'll root out trolls from people who legitimately enjoy the forums for association and not to be a dick to others. Please though do tell me more about this, as my curiousity is peaked.

When I said this has happened before I was talking about flash that didn't get blammed or pass judgement, but was sitting idle because it dropped out of the 50 most recent flashes. By making it so newer people can't vote means that you are cutting down on the amount of people who could vote on this flash.

But for you idea you would have to remember it is a double edged sword. I mean sure you might get some of the trolls in the process but you will also be getting the fair voters as well. You can't take the good without the bad.

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 13:03:04

I think you're right. After a quick glance through the list (baring in mind I stopped visiting the portal years ago), the only flashes I recognise are the Madness series, There She Is and Thing-Thing. Whereas previously roughly half of the flashes in my favourites made up the Top 50.

So yeah, classics like Alien Hominid, Animator vs. Animation, Xombie, Aladdin 3150, RaidenX and Mini-Putt are being pushed aside in favour of what's new (but in all likelyhood, not better).

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 13:26:04

Psst! He, you know it might help if you and most other people on this forum actually spent more time on the Portals. However this seems to be a tired old speech that I've been spewing constantly.

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 16:12:46

At 8/24/12 11:20 AM, LittleWashu wrote: When I said this has happened before I was talking about flash that didn't get blammed or pass judgement, but was sitting idle because it dropped out of the 50 most recent flashes. By making it so newer people can't vote means that you are cutting down on the amount of people who could vote on this flash.

Understandable, but when I mentioned revoking users rights to vote, I wasn't really aiming at current users, but more toward newer accounts, as it's like every few days or so you're getting someone who are mass voting in spam flash, or just spamming the forums, or just being a complete ass. I know i'm beating a dead horse by saying it, but I feel it would really put a dedication test on new NG members.

But for you idea you would have to remember it is a double edged sword. I mean sure you might get some of the trolls in the process but you will also be getting the fair voters as well. You can't take the good without the bad.

I guess all in all, every idea has it's flaws but if this has been done before with things clogging up, and turning into a rancid cesspool, then maybe you're right and i'm wrong or vice versa. Maybe things will get better in time this won't have to happen? On a secondary note, I've noticed every time you post, you use the crying icon, why? I haven't been posting these responses with I'm right your wrong type responses, so did I do something to offend?

BBS Signature

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-24 16:15:54

At 8/23/12 10:33 PM, razem wrote: you mad?

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-26 15:53:51

At 8/23/12 07:07 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: I totally agree with the guy of this thread people don't actually consider animation unless its like egoraptor or oney or something then their like shit. Vote 5 then they go to another flash just watch it and dont rate it honestly then their is dumbfucks that just vote to get higher batting and all that shit.

Thank you

Response to All you voting 5 = Complete idiots 2012-08-26 15:56:59

At 8/23/12 07:19 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 8/23/12 06:55 AM, Scarface wrote: Dude, Tarboy's been up there for three years, and there are other flashes that have been up there for just as long or longer. Sometimes flashes shoot up to the top for a few weeks, then settle back down. It doesn't mean there's no old flashes on the top 50 list.
Exactly this, I think the OP might just be some butt hurt fan of "Pikachu on Acid."

lol, go read my review then:

2,5 stars
"A funny and interesting premis with pikachu on acid...
so why do we need the first minute of seeing them rob/beat up some, meet team rocket, and talk for a bit. Why not just start at the battle??
The acid trip is well done, but some parts of it falls flat compared to others.. Fx: where we hear Ash, James and that old guy; do we really need to hear them say it 2 times right after eachother? It sucks out some of the phasing.
Also, where pikachu flyes in darkness and small colered lights appers; it goes on for to long...
Other than that, I found it somewhat entertaining. Good job"