00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Semi-finals!!

14,589 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

- N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-19 23:17:05

We are now down to the final 4 contestants, who have fought long and hard to make it to this point!!

* NATA Website
* Semi-Finals Page

Entrants will now compete against fellow Master Animators head to head, who you must defeat by creating a superior animation in order to move on to the Final Round!

*** The Semi-Finals ***

The Theme for the Semi-Finals is...

How to Break the Universe

*** Rules ***

* You have until 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on September 13th to complete your submissions. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline without penalty. * Entries must fit the theme above to both level the playing field and ensure that entries were not previously created.
* The animation must be no shorter than 1 Minute and no longer than 10 Minutes.
* The animation must be submitted on NewGrounds, in flash format or other acceptable format viewable on NewGrounds.
* Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed. (It cannot have a "Mature" rating.)
* Absolutely NO copyright material is allowed without permission. If you use copyrighted music or other material in your animation, you MUST get the permission of the original creator of that material.
* If you would like to parody, then use similar names instead of the real names - ie. "Smears" instead of "Sears". No copyrighted material whatsoever.
* The Audio portal is a great source for music, just be sure to get permission to use it for this contest!
* Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.

*** Matchups ***

* Pahgawk vs. BPremo
* coughing-dog vs. Emrox

*** Judging ***

Entries will be judged by the following judges:
* Tom Fulp
* Dave Bruno
* NitWitt
* SymphyBunny

Judging will be done by each judge across five categories with 5 possible points in each: Artwork/Style, Animation, Originality, Structure, and Entertainment. If you're interested in seeing more advice and examples on these categories, visit http://nataguide.munchymedia.com/
Each judge will therefore have a total possible 25 points for a single entry, adding up to 100 possible points from all four judges on a single entry. The entry will a higher number of points among a matchup will win and move on to the following round.

*** Submissions ***

* Entries must be uploaded via the NewGrounds Flash Portal.
* Entries must be tagged with "nata2012semifinals" to distinguish them from other rounds and years.
* Entries must be submitted before the deadline. (See above)
* Be sure to post a link to your entry in this topic, to be sure your entry does not get lost.
* Entries will otherwise be found by searching "nata2012semifinals" on NewGrounds, showing all entries with that tag.

*** Late Penalties ***

Late penalties look like this for submissions after the deadline:
0 - 29 minutes: - 5 total points
30 - 59 minutes: - 10 total points
1 - 2 hours: - 15 total points
2 - 3 hours: - 20 total points
3 - 4 hours: - 30 total points
4 - 5 hours: - 40 total points
5+ hours: Disqualified

*** Current Prize ***

The entrants with superior scores in each matchup will move on to the Final Round and receive a $200 prize in addition to their previous prizes. All prizes will be awarded in October, AFTER the competition ends.

*** Fine Print ***

* By submitting an entry to NATA 2012, you agree to allow NATA and its organizers to use your material to promote the contest and use it for possible calendars and other merchandise.
* All entrants must have a paypal or the ability to receive a check in the mail in order to claim their prizes.
* The final Champion of Flash Artists at the completion of the contest must create an illustrated image of themselves interacting with planet Earth, as is NATA tradition to document their victory with such an image on the NATA website.

Good Luck!!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-19 23:17:30

Third

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-19 23:33:53

You can break the universe if its a window and your a higher being playing baseball carelessly close to it.
Did anyone write that down?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 04:06:02

Haha looks like I'll just have to hand in the exact same video as last round because it fits the theme so well

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 11:48:31

first

!!

poops

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 13:37:41

Higgs Boson!!

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 20:15:25

Teamo Premo in the house!!! Yay Bpremo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDj-zz-DMGw

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 20:24:34

Yikes CoughingDog against Emrox :O
should be a intense round. Someone go on a rant please to get the competition intense

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-20 20:38:10

At 8/20/12 08:24 PM, Jomillex wrote: Someone go on a rant please to get the competition intense

coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak coughing-dog is a freak bill

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 06:20:45

You guys are goofy.

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 09:21:52

All the lucks everyone!

That way it's fair game.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 09:51:40

At 8/20/12 08:24 PM, Jomillex wrote: Yikes CoughingDog against Emrox :O
should be a intense round. Someone go on a rant please to get the competition intense

The finals will be Pahgawk vs Emrox.

Try and prove me right/wrong

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 15:57:25

It's always a toss up. I doubt anyone could have perfectly predicted it would have come down to the current animators.

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 16:05:18

At 8/21/12 03:57 PM, BPremo wrote: It's always a toss up. I doubt anyone could have perfectly predicted it would have come down to the current animators.

I did :O

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 16:39:47

At 8/21/12 04:05 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 8/21/12 03:57 PM, BPremo wrote: It's always a toss up. I doubt anyone could have perfectly predicted it would have come down to the current animators.

show me the carfax

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 17:50:29

At 8/21/12 04:39 PM, BPremo wrote:
At 8/21/12 04:05 PM, Jomillex wrote:
show me the carfax

Apparently the carfax is here

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-21 19:06:31

This is gonna be so close! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Good luck!

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-22 01:51:13

I am NATA's Reckoning.

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-22 09:22:10

At 8/22/12 01:51 AM, BPremo wrote: I am NATA's Reckoning.

Breaking the universe into the world of Batman? I like the idea.

"Contra Mundum, Semper Et In Aeternum."

My voice acting demo - PM me if you need me:)

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-24 10:43:28

We're in the home stretch. Things are getting quite tense.

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-27 13:18:01

First

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-27 15:56:36

The chest hair.

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-27 18:53:17

At 8/27/12 03:56 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote:
The chest hair.

That chest will create the work of Gods

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-28 19:21:45

remove that shitty clopping.mov then ill care

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-28 21:24:46

At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, PierLuc111 wrote: remove that shitty clopping.mov then ill care

what in the world is this responding to

poops

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-28 22:03:59

At 8/28/12 09:24 PM, McBinkles wrote:
At 8/28/12 07:21 PM, PierLuc111 wrote: remove that shitty clopping.mov then ill care

I think he was responding to his own disgruntled childhood :P

"Contra Mundum, Semper Et In Aeternum."

My voice acting demo - PM me if you need me:)

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-28 22:11:10

At 8/28/12 09:24 PM, McBinkles wrote:

I have no idea, but he seems to not like clopping.mov

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-29 20:01:19

Ok so although people on skype have probably seen this, if anyone's interested, here's a program I wrote to track your animation's progress, extrapolate when it'll probably be finished, and tell you how many seconds you need to animate each day to finish it on time.

And because someone asked, here's a SUPER SNEAK PREVIEW

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-29 23:27:14

At 8/29/12 08:01 PM, Pahgawk wrote: And because someone asked, here's a SUPER SNEAK PREVIEW

Because real men break the universe with socks.

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Semi-finals!! 2012-08-30 05:02:18

I decided to refine my style a bit. It's entitled Hopes High and I'm going for a horror/scary cartoon.