00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Genre of Music You Hate

12,215 Views | 180 Replies

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 05:15:14

I don't really dislike any genres. I can happily listen to most genres. Check out my last.fm, if you don't believe me.

I really dislike when the importance of something is vastly overstated by the majority of music fans/critics though. A good example of this is anything released by Smithsonian Folkways. No, those ethnic "tunes" are not important in any way. Royal Indonesian court music did not influence modern pop music. Shut up. They are interesting as an obscurity/piece of folk history, but they are not nearly as important as some of them are made out to be. I think this is due to multiculturalist impulses to falsely credit women/minorities with "grand" achievements that they aren't really worth of, or perhaps just nerds looking to put their obscurantist musical interests on some pedestal so they can feel important as musical ethnologists or some bullshit.

FUCK YOU

Genre of Music You Hate

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 05:18:39

At 8/19/12 05:15 AM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: I don't really dislike any genres. I can happily listen to most genres. Check out my last.fm, if you don't believe me.

I really dislike when the importance of something....

FUCK YOU

I concur.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 06:13:05

At 8/19/12 05:18 AM, JBK wrote:
At 8/19/12 05:15 AM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: I don't really dislike any genres. I can happily listen to most genres. Check out my last.fm, if you don't believe me.

I really dislike when the importance of something....

FUCK YOU
I concur.

Folkies are the result of ten years of the case being that the only jobs in the music industry were teaching jobs, so teachers had to justify their own importance to their principals with arguments about how important music was.

Also, frankly, genres are for people who are trying to sell and market music. They are not for music listeners. They are not for music makers. Genres are for corporate middlemen who have no place in the future of society.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 06:40:13

K-pop,j-pop, country, indie music, and feminism music

It ain't no Ralph tho.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 06:42:57

At 8/19/12 06:40 AM, MikeyLeggz wrote: feminism music

like iron maiden?

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 06:45:32

At 8/19/12 06:42 AM, GhostOfHalloween wrote:
At 8/19/12 06:40 AM, MikeyLeggz wrote: feminism music
like iron maiden?

exactly

It ain't no Ralph tho.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 07:26:34

At 8/18/12 11:21 PM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: i hate Hip-hop, Rap, and Pop. They're just really fucking annoying and they mostly talk about the same shit over and over again. so what Genre do you hate

Rap and pop, maybe. Hip hop? no way at all you have to be joking

And obviously the worst genres are dubstep (mostly but not entirely brostep), mallcore and norsecore and I personally hate contemporary RNB although pre-80s RNB was good, although thats mostly because contemporary has nothing to do with it.

At 8/19/12 01:48 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Good dubstep is a better version of DnB

Please kill yourself, youre not funny at all. You have to be a troll to compare such a classic genre to such generic vile. Theres a reason why everyone on the DNB scene hates dubstep.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 07:30:29

At 8/19/12 07:26 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 8/19/12 01:48 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Good dubstep is a better version of DnB
Please kill yourself

Isn't that at least a bit overreacted?

I am evil.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 07:35:37

At 8/19/12 07:30 AM, angrycomputer1995 wrote: Isn't that at least a bit overreacted?

It isnt at all. Drum and bass is a vindicated genre which is popular with audiophiles and DJs (which is why its mostly sold in vinyl), while dubstep is generic teen crap which sounds horrible.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 07:51:33

At 8/18/12 11:25 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: there's not one genre of music i can honestly say i hate.

Dubstep, if you can call it a genre anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:00:19

Pop, Hip-Hop/Rap, Dubstep, Boy Band

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:01:31

MLP related material usually.

I'm sorry to say that while your show may be acceptable, the music within and revolving around it is in no way interesting or entertaining. Same thing with Renard - despite his catchy artwork, the actual music is not up to par with more emotional, painstakingly crafted competition in the genre. Not at all so.

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:20:32

At 8/19/12 07:35 AM, BumFodder wrote: It isnt at all. Drum and bass is a vindicated genre which is popular with audiophiles and DJs (which is why its mostly sold in vinyl), while dubstep is generic teen crap which sounds horrible.

Is that a reason to respond to a person that he/she should kill him/herself? That's not helping anyone bro.

I am evil.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:32:45

I hate K-POP, mainly because I think it brainwashes youngsters these days. Just saying

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:39:24

At 8/19/12 08:32 AM, Otto wrote: Modern R&B is the only thing that I really mind at all about, and only if I'm forced to listen to it. Hell, actually, even saying that I feel bad because I know there are exceptions like this R&B radiohead cover which I heard in a resteraunt and had to stop chewing to listen to.

I can't imagine hating any genre of music, what a dumb idea

Oh I forgot about the fake R&B. I am a fan of the old stuff so that really annoys me too.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:43:04

At 8/19/12 08:32 AM, Otto wrote: Modern R&B is the only thing that I really mind at all about, and only if I'm forced to listen to it. Hell, actually, even saying that I feel bad because I know there are exceptions like this R&B radiohead cover which I heard in a resteraunt and had to stop chewing to listen to.

Speaking of which, and delightfully off-topic, another cover off of the same album is also extremely good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBPpq9LolU

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:46:58

Real I like all Genres except for Dubstep and Nu metal, which will most likely never produce anything enjoyable ever, but you never know.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 08:49:00

At 8/18/12 11:24 PM, daethdrain wrote: Ps: my least favorite genre is heavy metal
Burn in hell Metallica, you bunch of gays

Well I'd join them in Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 09:26:13

Child-friendly pop (teen, tween, lovedy-dovey pop are all included), most speedcore, screamo, and what I call 'pop rap,' which is what you see in the charts today.

I don't mind rap if there's a story told in the song that couldn't have been pulled off in any other genre.

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYNFfgrXTI

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 09:35:02

I listen to just about anything but to stomach all of the stuff That's less then tolerable is nearly nerve wrecking.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 10:09:52

At 8/19/12 09:45 AM, Otto wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0VQEfbMwb4

Sir I'd like to introduce you to Aesop Rock

Oh wow. Thanks, I'm going to be listening to them a lot now.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 10:29:41

Fuck country.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 10:38:52

country and indie "rock"

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 10:51:39

Personally I can't stand proto jazz funkcore grindambient electro industrial dance.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 11:22:51

everyone who says they hate hip-hop/rap has probably never given it a decent chance because they don't try to listen to anything beyond what rap is popular at the moment. lil wayne sucks, therefore all rap is terrible. there are numerous rappers and hip hop producers from ~mid 90s to the present day who put out consistently great music. you just haven't heard of it because you're lazy faggots who don't make an effort to step outside of your comfort zones.

there is also great pop, country (johnny cash, woody guthrie), and electronic. i recognize that people have different tastes but you shouldn't come to conclusions about entire genres when you are under informed about those genres.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 12:32:02

At 8/19/12 10:51 AM, Slint wrote: Personally I can't stand proto jazz funkcore grindambient electro industrial dance.

But that genre creates so many opportunities for creative innovation, unlike third wave post-avant psychedelic dreamfolk.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 12:36:23

This thread is merely opinion? Okay then.

I quite dislike most metal, screamo, and country and rap which message doesn't spread beyond smoking weed, fuckin' bitches, and getting money.

Die.

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 12:38:26

Country. I don't know I just think the vocals are so whiny sounding and get annoying after a while I mean dammit I don't want to compare it to modern music but....

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 13:00:56

I think most metal and country are just flat out annoying. Not all, but most.

BBS Signature

Response to Genre of Music You Hate 2012-08-19 13:10:03

Death metal.

Just do not get it.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature