00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,069 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 02:46:44

At 9/17/12 02:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 9/16/12 10:48 PM, Vlashxx wrote:
At 9/16/12 08:03 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 9/16/12 03:00 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: some fag shit
Senator John Dean...that guy's cool.
Gon' get me a white guuurl~
OKCupid and PlentyofFish all day. (Not even kidding, doing it right now, actually)

lol, actually, I can't relate to the lyrics, I just like singing along.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 02:56:02

At 9/17/12 02:46 AM, Vlashxx wrote:
lol, actually, I can't relate to the lyrics, I just like singing along.

That's ok. As long as I get ME one. Or twelve.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 08:34:35

At 9/17/12 02:56 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: That's ok. As long as I get ME one. Or twelve.

Oh, Senator... You and your white bitches!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 09:49:36

At 9/16/12 09:09 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 9/16/12 03:00 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: 2) Hopsin (Best modern rapper out right now)
define modern rapper

How bout we just skip a debate and I just whup ya ass?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 11:07:29

Guys, I beg of you, please check out my first submission

Every instrument I used were FL Samples, so sorry about that, I have better packs now. But I'm looking for some real criticism on what to do better with my patterns, how it all sounds. All of that good stuff.

Also, if you all have anything in the Audio Portal that you think would sound dope sampled, your own work, or even others, come on and let me know. I'm looking for NG stuff to sample, post it in here if you do, please!

Thanks ahead of times guys, and by the way. I will respond to every single review, I love reviews, and I love reviewers, I'll also probably find the time to review your stuff back too in my not-so-busy life. I really just want honest criticism, so bad.

Thanks y'all.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 11:29:12

At 9/17/12 11:07 AM, RazzleDazzleBeatz wrote: A track

I think it needs some real work. If you're going to use FL, try to get to grips with all the sequencer packs (or whatever the fuck they're called, honestly, I'm not good at it at all) to get more original sounds. This sounds a little flat. I've found similar problems with FL and bass stuff coming out all shitty. I'd say just get on some tutorials regarding equalisation and stuff like that. Keep working at it.

On another note, I just noticed some faggot(s) seems to be zero bombing my shit. Having haters makes you cool, right? RIGHT???

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 11:56:13

At 9/17/12 11:29 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:

On another note, I just noticed some faggot(s) seems to be zero bombing my shit. Having haters makes you cool, right? RIGHT???

Hmmmm I wonder who that could be.........

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 13:10:55

At 9/17/12 11:29 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 9/17/12 11:07 AM, RazzleDazzleBeatz wrote: A track
I think it needs some real work. If you're going to use FL, try to get to grips with all the sequencer packs (or whatever the fuck they're called, honestly, I'm not good at it at all) to get more original sounds. This sounds a little flat. I've found similar problems with FL and bass stuff coming out all shitty. I'd say just get on some tutorials regarding equalisation and stuff like that. Keep working at it.

Thanks, yea I have new instruments. This was just the first beat I ever made, so I've found new soundfonts and VST's to use and all that. Let me ask, what did you think of the drum beat? Did I need to mix it up better? Or did I just need new instruments for it as well?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 14:31:59

At 9/17/12 01:10 PM, RazzleDazzleBeatz wrote: Thanks, yea I have new instruments. This was just the first beat I ever made, so I've found new soundfonts and VST's to use and all that. Let me ask, what did you think of the drum beat? Did I need to mix it up better? Or did I just need new instruments for it as well?

Hmm, as far as the drum beat, it's probably all right. Especially if it's just for a 16/battle beat their doesn't necessarily need to be a lot of switch ups. Basically just go with what you feel! I think it just needs to 'pop' more, if that makes sense?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 16:28:43

At 9/17/12 02:31 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Hmm, as far as the drum beat, it's probably all right. Especially if it's just for a 16/battle beat their doesn't necessarily need to be a lot of switch ups. Basically just go with what you feel! I think it just needs to 'pop' more, if that makes sense?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 19:12:22

At 9/17/12 09:49 AM, DocterCerebro wrote:
At 9/16/12 09:09 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 9/16/12 03:00 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: 2) Hopsin (Best modern rapper out right now)
define modern rapper
How bout we just skip a debate and I just whup ya ass?

i will end you, both verbally and phsyically

maybe not in that order

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-17 19:15:24

*physically

gosh darn

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 12:09:34

Hmm, nothing much seems to be happening around here, what do you say we arrange another cypher? Anybody into?

Also, Ax I beg you release the other one.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 13:21:56

At 9/18/12 12:09 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Hmm, nothing much seems to be happening around here, what do you say we arrange another cypher?

I didn't think that turned out too well last time? I know it felt like it was a work-in-progress for a long time.

I'd like to have another ClabSwag mixtape this Winter, though. That was a fun collaborative project, that was.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 14:52:36

At 9/18/12 12:09 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Hmm, nothing much seems to be happening around here, what do you say we arrange another cypher? Anybody into?

Also, Ax I beg you release the other one.

I'm down to collab, if you guys need me.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 20:47:42

If you all are bored, go to my page and check out the finals of the Diss Track Tournament!

Its TK vs Justin Simon, cast your vote! We need every vote we can get!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 20:57:05

At 9/18/12 02:52 PM, Vlashxx wrote: I'm down to collab, if you guys need me.

Mos' def. I think we need to gauge public response to a second collab.

As for #1, I think we just need to wait for Ax to bring it out now, all who are going to turn in verses will have done so by now I'd have thought.
I'll happily project manage for a second one. Just send me a message if you're down and we can start sorting out a beat and other participants.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-18 21:26:09

At 9/18/12 08:57 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 9/18/12 02:52 PM, Vlashxx wrote: I'm down to collab, if you guys need me.
Mos' def. I think we need to gauge public response to a second collab.

As for #1, I think we just need to wait for Ax to bring it out now, all who are going to turn in verses will have done so by now I'd have thought.

If another supercollab happens, I'll be down for getting on it. And yeah I agree with everyone else; Axtekk should go ahead and release what he has for that first one. IIRC there's 8 verses already in; that should be plenty. What do you think Ax?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-19 10:22:49

Hey guys, this might actually be relevant to you. Seeing as how none of you all seemed to really glance but maybe once at my last competition, maybe you'll help out with this one.

Promised $500 to 1st place winner. 32 MCs.

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/MCInvitationalTournament

It takes you 1 second out of your day to click the like button once, and 2 seconds out of your day to share it with all your friends. Seriously, if your an MC, send an app to that FB page or message me, whatever. But PLEASE like the page, and PLEASE give it publicity, share it, whatever YOU can do to help.

I need as many likes as possible on this page before I start showing it to labels, bigger artists, other people to give it more and more publicity. But NOBODY is gonna take a second glance if we cant that damn likes number to rise.

So yea, please help. It really doesn't take that long.

Oh and, SJD's approach seems to help things, so if it gets you lazy fuggs to get off your asses, then I present to you..

Boobs.

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-19 11:36:32

At 9/19/12 10:22 AM, mjohnson00 wrote: Hey guys... Boobs.

Kinda looks like she's packing something extra down there in her bikini.

I'll share the page with all 3 people who have liked my page on Facebook.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-19 11:46:48

At 9/19/12 11:36 AM, RampantMusik wrote:

Like4Like I liked your page lol Thanks!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-19 12:40:50

At 9/19/12 11:46 AM, mjohnson00 wrote:
At 9/19/12 11:36 AM, RampantMusik wrote:

Like4Like I liked your page lol Thanks!

No problem; thanks for the like, too.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-19 19:13:35

peep these guys:

Substance Abuse feat. Tash of Tha Liks "Don't Get Us Wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZascjLgw3eY

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-20 02:25:17

At 9/19/12 07:13 PM, testube wrote: peep these guys:

Substance Abuse feat. Tash of Tha Liks "Don't Get Us Wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZascjLgw3eY

That was pretty cool man! Just my type! ...if I had a type.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-21 01:36:07

Can't help but notice that nobody's posted in a while. Anything new happening? Any upcoming projects? Any tracks to share, whether they be your own, or an artist you've been listening to recently?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-21 13:47:41

y'all boring as hell. is this a hip hop thread, really?
lets talk about hip hop, stupid motherfuckers.
what do you guys think kanye west's new album?
i didnt like just like the mercy and clique

Gimme a minute! And im in it!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-21 15:47:41

At 9/21/12 01:47 PM, Buujack wrote: y'all boring as hell. is this a hip hop thread, really?

Enough people are talking about Kanye. We don't need that crap here. We have our own scene.

MJ, Facebook isn't a good place to promote any more cuz the little figgy facebook shits unchecked the newspost box for new likes. That means if someone likes your page, they have to go find the newspost box and check it manually now, which nobody is going to do. Maybe they will if you beg them. I dunno.

I'm trying to find new methods of promo myself because Facebook now sucks unless you pay. And I ain't payin not one red cent right now.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-21 19:29:55

At 9/21/12 01:47 PM, Buujack wrote: y'all boring as hell. is this a hip hop thread, really?

Okay, let's talk about Kanye West- FUCK KANYE WEST and everything he stands for (which is mainly himself). He is a talented pop artist, but he aint hip hop.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-21 23:16:40

At 9/21/12 01:36 AM, JackRocker wrote: Can't help but notice that nobody's posted in a while. Anything new happening? Any upcoming projects?

Actually I plan on finishing 2 songs this weekend. I'm pretty sure my one with Fat Beats will be released up here when it's done, but the other one is part of the Problem Child album some of us are working on and won't be released for a while. So to answer that part of your question, yeah I've been pretty busy. Plus I worked 16 hours today and have no idea why I'm still awake.

Also, to tell you the truth, I haven't been broadening my horizons to new hip hop artists/songs lately. Been listening to a lot of metal to tell you the truth.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 04:53:25

At 9/21/12 11:16 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 9/21/12 01:36 AM, JackRocker wrote: Can't help but notice that nobody's posted in a while. Anything new happening? Any upcoming projects?
Actually I plan on finishing 2 songs this weekend. I'm pretty sure my one with Fat Beats will be released up here when it's done, but the other one is part of the Problem Child album some of us are working on and won't be released for a while. So to answer that part of your question, yeah I've been pretty busy. Plus I worked 16 hours today and have no idea why I'm still awake.

Also, to tell you the truth, I haven't been broadening my horizons to new hip hop artists/songs lately. Been listening to a lot of metal to tell you the truth.

Yeah, we all have our personal lives to look after too. 16 hours is a pretty rough shift, dude. I've been listening to a lot of music outside of hip hop as well, but I still like to drop in on the community here and see what's up with my brothers in hip hop.