00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

List your accomplishments in music!

6,788 Views | 57 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 20:44:28

Well,I've done quite a bit,mostly real life stuff.

-Write my HS's current Alma Mater

-Write music for several school projects,when i deem it appropriate.

-Write ~25min of music over the past two months.

I want to do more,as a composer and a Trumpet/F.Horn player. I want to be someone,as cheesy as it may sound. Film/Animation/VG Scoring would be ideal for me.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 21:05:12

Hm, well if there was ever a time or place to brag i guess its here. ':]

Im self taught, and started making music when i was 13. out of curiocity, and the dream to make something sound as cool as the music comming out of my 16 bit sega genesis.

- Ive made music for 3 games for a mexican game company called "nibbo studios"
- Got the best musician award 2008 on ng!
- Made alot of tracks in castlecrashers for xbox360/ps3
- Made custom music comissioned for around 30 Flash game projects
- music used in well over 500 projects
- made music for 10+ android / iphone games
- Got a lot of fans! (love you all <3)
- Got frontpaged / best of the week some 30-40 times over the years
- Got my music played on radio and television
- Placed 2nd and 1st in the 2 nacs ive tried for over the years
- Released 2 albums (and 2 more to come this year)
- Made an entire 23 song orchestral soundtrack for the upcommming wii/xbox360/vita/ps3 game "Castlestorm"

I do comissions and game soundtracks regulary still :)

You'd think that with that list id be loaded with cash right? well, i still work as a clerk, and im just as poor as any guy. but i am trying my best every day, so that this can one day be my living!

My main goal with my music, will always be, and has always been: to get a emotional and creative outlet! if i feel happy or sad, it helps me to get that feeling out with music, and if i mannage to make people feel the same way listening to that track, i know ive done it right :) i like making people happy :D

I love making music, I dont see myself ever getting bored with it. i always do it on impulse and for fun, and as soon as that stops beeing my reasons, ill stop making music.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 23:32:08

At 8/10/12 09:05 PM, Waterflame wrote: Hm, well if there was ever a time or place to brag i guess its here. ':]

Im self taught, and started making music when i was 13. out of curiocity, and the dream to make something sound as cool as the music comming out of my 16 bit sega genesis.

- Ive made music for 3 games for a mexican game company called "nibbo studios"
- Got the best musician award 2008 on ng!
- Made alot of tracks in castlecrashers for xbox360/ps3
- Made custom music comissioned for around 30 Flash game projects
- music used in well over 500 projects
- made music for 10+ android / iphone games
- Got a lot of fans! (love you all <3)
- Got frontpaged / best of the week some 30-40 times over the years
- Got my music played on radio and television
- Placed 2nd and 1st in the 2 nacs ive tried for over the years
- Released 2 albums (and 2 more to come this year)
- Made an entire 23 song orchestral soundtrack for the upcommming wii/xbox360/vita/ps3 game "Castlestorm"

Damn dude... that's impressive... Did you have any schooling for your music? Where did you go to college? Also when did you get your first deal with a published video game? And seriously, congrats on your success, that is just awesome, I hope to get to the point where you are one day

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 00:06:38

At 8/10/12 09:05 PM, Waterflame wrote: My main goal with my music, will always be, and has always been: to get a emotional and creative outlet! if i feel happy or sad, it helps me to get that feeling out with music, and if i mannage to make people feel the same way listening to that track, i know ive done it right :) i like making people happy :D

I love making music, I dont see myself ever getting bored with it. i always do it on impulse and for fun, and as soon as that stops beeing my reasons, ill stop making music.

This is the most impressive part of your entire list, in my opinion... very few who make it as far as you still embrace that spirit. :)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 00:56:46

Alright, here's my achievment. I just checked my Soundcloud...

SOMEBODY DOWNLOADED ONE OF MY TRACKS! ONE DOWNLOAD ON SOUNDCLOUD OMG ACHIEVEMENT!!!!

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 02:47:27

Damn dude... that's impressive... Did you have any schooling for your music? Where did you go to college? Also when did you get your first deal with a published video game? And seriously, congrats on your success, that is just awesome, I hope to get to the point where you are one day

thank you! :) no, im self taught, and ive never done any form of musical training. i just started playing with it for fun. and it turns out i had a good ear for it! the first deal was for that little mexican company, i diddnt get alot of moneyfor it, and they got bankrupt 2 years later, but it was still a pc game that ended up on shelfs! i think it was back in uum, 2004! they found me on newgrounds, actually :) again thank you for the kind words!

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 02:50:57

This is the most impressive part of your entire list, in my opinion... very few who make it as far as you still embrace that spirit. :)

aw, thats nice of you to say. thank you! :) i really mean it tho. art should always be about expression, fun, curiosity, and making other people feel something. in my opinion :) to many people these days just want to become the new skrillex.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 04:49:25

I haven't accomplished much. Though I've had my humble beginnings, and certainly improved over the years, it's still feels like fumbling in the dark at times.

My goal - which isn't much more than a fluffy and fragile little dream really - is to one day compose for a triple-A title. Them dreams.

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 04:52:41

Well, for starters, some of my audio have passed the 100 plays mark. That's an achievement in my book.
I haven't achieved much in music, so lets hope with entering competitions, I'll be able to get something.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 11:45:50

I got on the NG front page.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 12:47:57

At 8/11/12 02:47 AM, Waterflame wrote: thank you! :) no, im self taught, and ive never done any form of musical training. i just started playing with it for fun. and it turns out i had a good ear for it! the first deal was for that little mexican company, i diddnt get alot of moneyfor it, and they got bankrupt 2 years later, but it was still a pc game that ended up on shelfs! i think it was back in uum, 2004! they found me on newgrounds, actually :) again thank you for the kind words!

No problem man, i had some time for formal training, but honestly, they can't really help you with composing music. However they did give me a ton of support because they saw I had talent. Just curious, how old were you when you worked for that company? I'm 18 and I actually got a chance to make music for an iphone game, which will soon be published. But I also will be doing the companies future games as well. And once I learn how to do sound effects better, the head game devoloper said he would hire me. I feel like with music you really have to freelance, you really can't make money for just one company. You need to have as many sources of income coming in for you. I hope to have the same success as you do though :)

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 14:10:41

At 8/11/12 12:59 PM, Computer112 wrote: Some of my early audio hadn't pass 70 listens in my first 2 years on NG. Now the average is like 200 to 500 listens.

Seriously? It's either that you're good at promoting your stuff, or your stuff are just hidden gems, waiting to be unearthed.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-11 15:38:04

Well, considering I've only been exploring the art of making music to any significant degree for about a year and half now with no formal training or any physical instrument - other than my computer keyboard - and that the songs I'm proud of get like 10-15 downloads each and maybe 200 listens, I think it's pretty rad, though I know there is always room to improve.

Probably the coolest thing I've done is be part of a collab.
Yeah, I haven't exactly "accomplished" much; music is just one of many fun/creative things I like to do in my spare time.

success comes from within

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-16 22:28:50

At 8/8/12 07:26 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: If I compare to other in Norway/Finland that same age as me then I am practically a loser...

Let's say I has been a quiet composer/musician for 14 years who doesn't have many accomplishments.

My goal? Is to enjoy my musical hobbies and be friend with other musicians/programmers...

Taking in consideration you stole 3 of my songs and put them in your song catalog, I agree, you are a loser.
It's great to see you have disappeared from newgrounds. :)

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-16 22:33:44

At 8/16/12 10:28 PM, awezoomstudios wrote:
At 8/8/12 07:26 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: If I compare to other in Norway/Finland that same age as me then I am practically a loser...

Let's say I has been a quiet composer/musician for 14 years who doesn't have many accomplishments.

My goal? Is to enjoy my musical hobbies and be friend with other musicians/programmers...
Taking in consideration you stole 3 of my songs and put them in your song catalog, I agree, you are a loser.
It's great to see you have disappeared from newgrounds. :)

Alright, that's enough. You've already run him off the site, and we all know he stole audio. You don't need to be an asshole about it.

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-17 01:03:51

Some of my samples has gotten alot of views on youtube with nothing but positive reponse. Getting a great feedback from strangers and friends is always a good feeling. Makes you want to make an even better track than before.

2021 AIM Submission

"AIM - Vindicta"

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1047051

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-17 01:18:32

I got signed, had a track supported by Amoss and Xtrah, used to get played on Bassdrive a bit, and I've recently started doing audio for an iOS game. I definitely don't see myself making a living off of music though, it's just fun to do. And I'll always keep it that way.

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-17 01:35:04

-I got 3rd place in one of the music contests Hania was running a while back. The contest was to cover one of her tracks, and i decided to redo her track "Two's A Party" but do it with only a music box sound and a subtle sub-bass.

-I've been in a couple flashes that went to the front page (even if they where front paged because of an event they where a part of)

-I've lost multiple NG's song competitions

-I had a track on the top 30 back when they had it, and it was a track that i had done a year or so before it even got noticed

-Butts

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-17 11:41:45

At 8/8/12 01:48 PM, stunkel wrote: What are some accomplishments you have with your music?

Over 1 million views on a 59 minute youtube video with only tracks from Newgrounds :)

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-17 11:55:34

I got a free hamburger on a local restaurant.

Im serious

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-18 05:19:37

At 8/17/12 11:55 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: I got a free hamburger on a local restaurant.

Im serious

^ this is the fucking best out of the lot i swear

last week i was #1 in the soundcloud 'gabber' AND 'grindcore' charts

oh also i've finally properly gotten into techno! it's taken me ages, but i knew i'd fucking get there in the end

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-18 11:40:57

I guess it would be making a good living doing something I love so much.

@Chron - Thanks for the encouragement btw back in the days of DJSanryd (if you even remember,lol)

Newgrounds is a great place to learn musics & meet other talented people. Still lurk every now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-19 21:14:19

At 8/18/12 11:40 AM, ApproachingNirvana wrote: I guess it would be making a good living doing something I love so much.

@Chron - Thanks for the encouragement btw back in the days of DJSanryd (if you even remember,lol)

Newgrounds is a great place to learn musics & meet other talented people. Still lurk every now and then.

MAking a living in music is not impossible if you treat it like a job. It's just like any other job. This is my philosophy and I'm living it.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-21 12:24:54

I thought this thread was gonna get locked or something so I havent thrown in my 2 cents yet but seeing that its survived I guess Ill contribute.

I could list a bunch of random stuff about music in games and films and frontpages or popular pieces and all that jazz, but to me there's only a few 'accomplishments' that matter. First and foremost, I have gotten to the point where I work on audio almost all day every day, and I fucking love every second of it. Loving what you do is so important in life. Secondly, its nice that music pays the bills and isnt purely a creative outlet for me. My next big step is when my audio can support not just myself, but a family too.

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-21 18:43:47

My best accomplishment, learned to play guitar, got the chick :)

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-22 12:50:43

At 8/21/12 06:43 PM, sorohanro wrote: My best accomplishment, learned to play guitar, got the chick :)

Right on, man.

Mine, well, I suppose there are a few, but I scored a video run by the OSU college a year ago, as well as a few tracks that made their way as iPhone games.

Next accomplishment is to finish this new album with my soon to be wife.

BBS Signature

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-23 16:07:18

My accomplishment in music...
Knowing 2 music studios well (Reason, Fruity Loops) , 2500+ views in some of my tracks, Not bad scores of my songs at AP. Thanks to You fellow newgrounders.

Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-24 09:30:39

Accomplishments...accomplishments....let's see.

I pooped in the fridge and ate an entire wheel of cheese.

That was a big day for me.

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature