00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Music/va Positions Available

2,406 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-03 08:21:23

Hello People of the Audio Forum!

As the regulars here may know, my name is Michael Breed and I am the founder and owner of LD Productions: A, somewhat NG based, international audio company specializing in music, sound effects, and voice acting for all forms of media.

We are currently looking to add the following type of members to our staff:

- Rock/Metal Artist
- Folk/Country Artist
- Male Voice Actors (All types)
- Female Voice Actresses (All types)
- Audio Implementer (FMOD, Wwise, etc...)
- Audio Scripter (Kontakt, SampleTank, etc...)

Qualifications:

- Any experience at all working any type of audio with any type of multi-media ( or any paid or unpaid commissioned work related to the position(s) you are applying for ).
- Professional or near professional quality production ability (we will help you improve if you are close)
- Strong knowledge of the position(s)/genre(s) in which you are applying
- Extreme interest in freelance work as a musician/actor/programmer (whichever applies to you)
- Able to work in a social/team environment (from the comfort of your home computer of course)
- Good with commitment (Although theres no contracts forcing you to stay with us or anything crazy like that)
- General passion for music
*- Masters degree or equivalent in selected field (Just kidding! Dont you hate those random way intense qualifications??)

Why should you consider joining the LD team?

Here is where I get to rant about our ambitious goals, current staff, and outside connections.

Our team is currently a group of 7 professionals all with the same broad range goal: To make great audio!

Our individual financial goals vary from full-time career aspirations, down to a little part time money on the side(Although we're all serious about our crafts).

We work with directors, animators, and video game makers from all around the world (so far in ten different countries), so its a great way to meet interesting people from other cultures.

Everyone on the team is very friendly and helpful, and there's a lot to learn from each other that you may not have an easy time otherwise.

Working as part of the team does not diminish your reputation as an individual. We are banded together to take on bigger projects and help each other succeed; Not steal/hide work from each other or work as a ghost writer for a company name rather than being personally credited.

A solid reputation and ever growing client base. We're going to be honest here, were no "Two Steps From Hell" yet, but we certainly aspire to be and you could be a part of that.

Familiar faces! A good little chunk of us are NG regulars so you get to meet the faces behind the usernames. Myself, Echo, Step, and Decibel are all part of the crew. Dont be scared just because we are moderators = )

Good connections. Many of our former and current clients are open to discount work in animation and graphic design. We're also in good contact with lots of other audio professionals including most of the awesome people at Symphony of Specters, along with a few some-what legendary sound designers such as Ric Viers.

What's it like to work with the LD team?

We are all pretty much individual freelancers using the company format to attract bigger better clients (and more of them too). We are all pretty much equals. We have team oriented goals and deadlines sometimes but nobody is going to be bossing you around like they are your superior or anything(unless youre not pulling any weight).

Everybody on the team is responsible for all aspects of freelance business: As in, if you are a member you will be expected to help market, and bring in new clients and ideas for our future. All payment to staff is 100% on commission. This might make you think "whoa! isnt that just the same as working alone?" Well it isn't, because you are part of a team that is all trying to bring in work for YOU. Well technically its for the company, but since we all have different outreaches, this means that people can come to any one of us for just about any audio job you can think of, and since there is designated specialties for every staff member, the jobs best suited for you WILL go to you.

We have "standard" pricing on all these jobs, but for the work you are doing you are welcome to set your own assuming it doesnt deviate too far in either direction from our standards. If you arent familiar with commisioned based industry prices, we will fill you in with what we know, and tell you why our prices are the way they are.

You may also be actively involved in our tons of other sources of income that arent pre-hire commissions such as audio contests, audio licensing, and our product libraries that are currently in development.

We allocate 10% of all money made to a marketing/advertisement/administration/legal account (thats a lot of slashes!). This money goes to nobody. It is solely for running and improving the business. Any excess money that isnt used will just go right back to you (although that stuff is expensive so it probably wont).

*** It is important to note that this is NOT an hourly or salary paid position. You will have to share some of your information with us but you will not have to sign all the normal contracts it takes to get a job like that. This is simply an application to be a part of our team as an individual ***

After reading all that, I'm obviously pumped to join the team(mild sarcasm), how do I apply?

We want this to be easy. You can post a response here(which you should do if this thread isnt near the top), PM any of us(best off to PM me if youre going to go that route), email us, hit us up on skype or aim, or any other type of insane messaging format you can think of.

If your interested in one or more of the positions than you will need to include the following information:

- A small biography explaining your musical/acting/programming past and training/experience along with your future goals in this field.
- At least one reason you think you would be a good addition to our team
- A demo reel related to the position you are applying for (try to keep reels under 5 minutes please)

That should about sum things up! If you have any questions at all please don't be a stranger. We love all you guys (well most of you guys).

Cheers!!

- Michael Breed
Logical Defiance Productions
Email: Breed@LogicalDefiance.com
AIM: LogicalDRecords

New Music/va Positions Available

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-03 11:44:30

I have sent you a message through skype, I am interested in being a musician. Let's talk there.

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-03 14:15:33

Sent message via skype. :)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-04 15:35:14

I'm not sure if I'd be good enough for this...
But I may consider trying

E

BBS Signature

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-04 15:40:17

Have deep knowledge on VSTi and DXi architecture. Somewhat on FMOD and DirectSound. I can send you some of my project on Google Code.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-04 18:22:16

This interests me. I'll be messaging you later.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-08-04 18:51:28

I know it's a long post guys, but if you're at all serious about this I'd expect you to at least read the application part at the bottom. So far about 30 people have contacted me and only one person has actually had a demo reel ready.

At 8/4/12 03:35 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: I'm not sure if I'd be good enough for this...
But I may consider trying

Took a look through your music. Do you write any of the genres were looking for outside of newgrounds? Because were not taking on anything else at this point.

At 8/4/12 03:40 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Have deep knowledge on VSTi and DXi architecture. Somewhat on FMOD and DirectSound. I can send you some of my project on Google Code.

Add me on skype or AIM and we can chat more about this.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-01 13:34:02

We are still looking for all these positions. We are also considering a sound designer position so feel free to hit me up about that too.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-01 16:02:16

Thought I'd tell you I'm interested! I handle both rock and folk (not metal and country unfortunately). Will be PM-ing you about this when my head doesn't feel like it's been blown in!

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-01 17:28:08

I wish you luck! I can not offer my audio skillz at the moment because im focusing everything on school and Apple right now! I will certainly ask for your help in future audio projects :)

NG is perfect for this.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-01 17:52:25

Just curious, where is 'close' going by state relevancy in the US? I haven't purchased much professional equipment yet, but I thought I'd ask even if I probably am not near the area. I'll still send in an application though, given this is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for for voice acting.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-02 09:34:51

At 9/1/12 05:52 PM, Pinwheele wrote: Just curious, where is 'close' going by state relevancy in the US? I haven't purchased much professional equipment yet, but I thought I'd ask even if I probably am not near the area.

uhh i think he was talking about if your production ability is close to being professional.

p.s. i am gay

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-02 10:11:13

At 9/2/12 09:34 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/1/12 05:52 PM, Pinwheele wrote: Just curious, where is 'close' going by state relevancy in the US? I haven't purchased much professional equipment yet, but I thought I'd ask even if I probably am not near the area.
uhh i think he was talking about if your production ability is close to being professional.

^ This. Also all you had to do was look at my profile to see what area I'm in so I'm not even sure why that question was asked.

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-03 06:33:15

I'm interested, if you are still searching for a metal producer. My latest two song may work as an example of my ability nowadays. PM me if you think i'm worthy :D...

Response to New Music/va Positions Available 2012-09-03 10:54:09

Hey there Michael,

My name's Mitchell Lucas, I'd like to join your team as a voice actor.

I've recently started really pursuing voice acting. I'm looking to build up a nice resume, and perhaps voice act for a living helping out with independent games, other independent and professional productions, and audio book narration. I am studying music production at a state college in a 'hands on' program. Because of this, I have a thorough understanding of mic placement and recording techniques, signal flow, and digital signal processing. I'm constantly trying to enhance the quality of the recordings I produce, and hope to lend a sense of professionalism with my product to games/mods/productions that will keep on par with their quality.

I am also very interested in sound design and implementation for games. As I build up my knowledge of the different implementation software and game engines, I'm really pursuing voicing as a way of making contacts and offering a service I don't see too often in independent games: sincere interest and effort in high quality acting/audio production.

I can bring a hard working attitude and great sounding productions to the team. I work with professionalism and understand I represent something larger than myself.

I use my personal website's main page as sort of a collage style demo reel. It can be found at www.mitchellslucas.com

I have put together a small demo reel as per your request, however, if you'd rather check that out: Demo Reel

If I may ask, who are some of your former clients?

Thanks!