00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Godzilla Film Fan Club

3,636 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-01-31 20:54:51

I'm very new to the Godzilla movies, only seen the Monsterverse movies (except the Kong one), and thoroughly enjoyed them! I'm planning on watching Shin Godzilla soon as well, I've heard good things about it.

Which are some good movies to check out, going back to some of the older stuff before this Monsterverse thing? Don't really know where to start, there's so many lol

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-04 10:42:04

At 1/31/21 08:54 PM, DozyMike wrote: I'm very new to the Godzilla movies, only seen the Monsterverse movies (except the Kong one), and thoroughly enjoyed them! I'm planning on watching Shin Godzilla soon as well, I've heard good things about it.

Which are some good movies to check out, going back to some of the older stuff before this Monsterverse thing? Don't really know where to start, there's so many lol

If you haven’t already I highly recommend watching the very first Godzilla film, it’s far much of a big monsters thrashing around bash but I think it’s still interesting to watch and kind of understand where the character of Godzilla stems from.

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-04 10:44:23

At 1/31/21 10:59 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 1/31/21 01:03 AM, kleptocosm wrote:
At 1/30/21 10:16 PM, afliXion wrote: I just recently started liking Godzilla, with the advent of the modern movies. I'm very skeptical of the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong because it seems clear that they are going to nerf the hell ouf of big G
Oh yeah definitely but hey if it makes for a good compelling film I personally don’t care too much, Godzilla movies are all abt the action ya know? (Well accept for the first film)
That’s pretty much, BY DEFINITION.
What a good Godzilla movie Is

The KOM series is promising to me either way honestly I just like how cool modern cgi makes the Kaijus look so it’s less about ‘who will win’ for me. Just wanna see huge monkee and huge lizard brawl regardless of result

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-05 21:49:49

At 2/4/21 10:42 AM, kleptocosm wrote:
At 1/31/21 08:54 PM, DozyMike wrote: I'm very new to the Godzilla movies, only seen the Monsterverse movies (except the Kong one), and thoroughly enjoyed them! I'm planning on watching Shin Godzilla soon as well, I've heard good things about it.

If you haven’t already I highly recommend watching the very first Godzilla film, it’s far much of a big monsters thrashing around bash but I think it’s still interesting to watch and kind of understand where the character of Godzilla stems from.

Took your advice and gave it a watch. I typically don't really watch really old movies cuz it's a little hard to get past how dated they feel. But I didn't get that feeling at all with this movie, it was brilliant!

I've already watched Shin Godzilla and it reminded me a lot of that. Yeah, there wasn't the big battles that kinda drew me to the newer movies but it was still interesting seeing Godzilla take on an antagonist role of sorts (even though he doesn't really fall into good or evil lol)

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-05 23:46:35

At 2/5/21 09:49 PM, DozyMike wrote:

Took your advice and gave it a watch. I typically don't really watch really old movies cuz it's a little hard to get past how dated they feel. But I didn't get that feeling at all with this movie, it was brilliant!

I've already watched Shin Godzilla and it reminded me a lot of that. Yeah, there wasn't the big battles that kinda drew me to the newer movies but it was still interesting seeing Godzilla take on an antagonist role of sorts (even though he doesn't really fall into good or evil lol)

It really depends on the situation he walks in on,like how aliens sometimes use some mind control on him

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-06 02:35:46

At 2/5/21 09:49 PM, DozyMike wrote:

Im glad you liked it man, shin godzilla and the first one are very very similar both having really heavy political themes, I personally have a special place in my heart for them.

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-02-28 15:12:03

iu_249589_8092414.jpg

Response to The Godzilla Film Fan Club 2021-03-03 16:17:18

At 3/2/21 08:11 PM, Zymbot wrote: Looks like the 4k transfer of Godzills 2014 is gonna fix the lighting issue.

Finally.

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/2563622/looks-like-godzillas-re-release-is-going-to-fix-a-major-complaint

The original fights were just watching fog on a stormy night while hearing monster roars