00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why the "2012" is just total lies.

1,030 Views | 21 Replies

Okay just pointing this out "THE END OF THE WORLD IS AMONG US" is just MOSTLY on the news to market the new/oldish movie, and I haven't heard about 2012 since the movie went under a few weeks later. SO this is my opinion on why the world won't end and why some people just like to believe in things just to screw with people.

The "Mayans" or Whoever are a bunch of very smart people, they can predict the end of the world, but here's some things that make me doubt the whole fact that "we must listen to these old cavemen paintings"

Well my facts are this:
-Mayans COULDN'T/AKA : Didn't predict THEIR OWN downfall of their civilization , who says they can predict the future of the world when they can't even predict THEIRS.

-Your believing the people who spent hours a day putting rocks and proving sacrifice to be "okay" and LEGAL.

-Your believing from the people who thought of the FRENCH, (nothing wrong with French, just stating) That they were gods and they were proved wrong when the French turned their cities/civilization into a hell hole.

-Your believing from the people who Couldn't even develop clothing/PANTS.

*I know this was a long time ago, but if you can state you can predict the future of the worlds end (ITS A VERY BIG STATEMENT) And actually get over 100's and 1000's of stupid gullible people to believe you, it's kind of pathetic, and what national geographic/AKA the MEDIA turns this story into is just total crap and they mess up a lot of the main facts.

Yes the Mayans HAVE been right before, but I once watched a 9/11 program (about the facts/people/stories, and it turned out that a kid in a school pointed to the towers and said "They won't be there in two days" and when 9/11 happened, it turned the teachers/parents in shock. So since he " apparently " predicted 9/11, does it mean he can predict the worlds end?

No it doesn't.

If you actually read all of this, thanks, but I'm just sick of hearing people say " the world will end " and guess what, the world can end in 20 minutes possibly, anything could happen, people like the Mayans were smart in some ways, but in NO WAY they can predict the future/state of the world 100's of years from their lifetime, when they couldn't even predict their down fall.

Again, if you read this, thanks a lot. And please discuss I would like to hear what your opinion is on this.
I'm not saying they are totally wrong, I mean, I could be wrong, but this is just MY opinion, state yours below if you like. I will read it if it's not total nonsense. AKA you have a reason. Thanks
-JEFF

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 00:57:08

At 7/28/12 12:53 AM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
Long, much?
No shit its fake, sherlock.

How did I know there was going to be a smart comment about that and totally disregard what I just said.
Maybe I can predict the end of the world tooo.

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:00:48

At 7/28/12 12:58 AM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 7/28/12 12:51 AM, JefferyWolf wrote: rant about something obvious.
-JEFF
Blankpost.

JUST BECAUSE IS WHY

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:05:09

We hear each day "two oh one two"
The kids all ask if it is true.
"Nibiru, the planet we must fear,
Or planet X shall soon be here.
The Mayan count runs to an end.
I was told this by a friend.âEU

Nibiru the hoax world of Sitchin
Fit only for the garbage bin.
Devoid of fact, reason or wit,
Science laughs at all the talk of it.

Of planet âEUoeXâEU Nan Lieder cries,
And yet she wonâEUTMt look at the skies,
To come in fifteen months itâEUTMs true,
The damn thing must be now in view!

"Where is it?" Science asks with glee,
"You said, âEU~Beware two thousand three!âEUTM
With Earth it didnâEUTMt make a tryst,
WeâEUTMre very sure it donâEUTMt exist!"

Galactic lines are the next fright,
And yet the angles are not right.
âEUoeSix degrees off!âEU the scientists say,
âEUoeIt happens near each solstice day.âEU
But it would no difference make,
You can be sure the thingâEUTMs a fake.

"Planets align!" or so some say
"It will be on that very day."
Yet naught of fact now can they quote,
IâEUTMd like to take them by the throat
And try to squeeze some truth right in,
But murder now they sayâEUTMs a sin.

Failed prophets, fools, those full of fraud,
Are people with whom we all are bored.

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:07:11

I'm pretty sure the whole 2012 thing was debunked like a year ago.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:14:21

I don't believe the WORLD itself is going to end, but I believe it will mark the beginning of the end for the way the world system is currently functioning right now. Nothing stays the same forever except for God

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:16:09

At 7/28/12 12:51 AM, JefferyWolf wrote: Well my facts are this:
-Mayans COULDN'T/AKA : Didn't predict THEIR OWN downfall of their civilization , who says they can predict the future of the world when they can't even predict THEIRS.

Doesn't necessarily mean they know everything. There will always be surprises.

-Your believing the people who spent hours a day putting rocks and proving sacrifice to be "okay" and LEGAL.

That's their culture. Don't judge them for that, unintelligent as it may be to ours.

-Your believing from the people who thought of the FRENCH, (nothing wrong with French, just stating) That they were gods and they were proved wrong when the French turned their cities/civilization into a hell hole.

White people that emerged with completely different culture, etc. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Culture. Besides, they had some sort of clothing on them. Things develop as the need for them arises. They didn't need clothes in their vibrant environment.

*I know this was a long time ago, but if you can state you can predict the future of the worlds end (ITS A VERY BIG STATEMENT) And actually get over 100's and 1000's of stupid gullible people to believe you, it's kind of pathetic, and what national geographic/AKA the MEDIA turns this story into is just total crap and they mess up a lot of the main facts.

They never stated that they could. The calendar was just sitting there when some retard saw it and came up with the theory.

Yes the Mayans HAVE been right before, but I once watched a 9/11 program (about the facts/people/stories, and it turned out that a kid in a school pointed to the towers and said "They won't be there in two days" and when 9/11 happened, it turned the teachers/parents in shock. So since he " apparently " predicted 9/11, does it mean he can predict the worlds end?

Conspiracies and such. We can never be sure about these things.

In short, you are very ignorant culture-wise, at least. And, please, fix your grammar.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 01:28:51

Nibirus is coming and the lizard humans will devour us all. Then aliens will take the lizard humans over. Then they'll become the next generations ancestors and they'll be saying all this over again.

KEWLBOY 2012

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 02:08:20

At 7/28/12 12:51 AM, JefferyWolf wrote:
Well my facts are this:

If you account for leap year days, the end of the Mayan calendar probably already passed.

Religion and culture.

They had never seen white people with metal armor and horses. How could they know?
Also, it was the Spanish that conquered the Mayans, not the French.

If you lived in South America, would YOU need pants?

The people who believe that 2012 will be the end of the world are the same people who say we've never been to the moon, and are probably Holocaust doubters (not really). We've always had crazy people. Remember Y2K? People like to get worked up over stupid shit all the time.

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 09:07:48

Who even cares anymore?

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 09:25:03

Disregard OP he is a disinfo agent. The government wants you to think eveything is okay to reduce panic. The smart ones already stocked up on supplies.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 09:29:32

At 7/28/12 01:14 AM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: I don't believe the WORLD itself is going to end, but I believe it will mark the beginning of the end for the way the world system is currently functioning right now. Nothing stays the same forever except for God

No, our world will eventually end, just not in our lifetime, or in the next million lifetimes. And it'll probably end because of the death of our sun. Well, we have plenty of time to develop intergalactic space travel and not destroy ourselves!

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 10:34:40

2012: the world doesn't end
2013: spend all year talking about mayans

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 10:48:24

Why did you even work your ass off by providing those lame arguments, it's pretty fucking obvious that 2012 is bullshit.

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 11:59:29

The Mayans got wiped out when they were making the calendar and the calendar only got up to 2012 because of that.

That's all you really needed to say, man.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 12:40:38

Disregarding the the obviously fake 2012 belief is as old as believing in the myth itself.
Get with the times.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 12:43:51

I didn't read it but I already know that the world ending on December 21, 2012 is complete bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 12:52:16

Keep in mind some dude predicted we were suppose to die last year and the year before that.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 15:32:15

At 7/28/12 12:38 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Again the Mayan's never believed in 2012 being the end of the world at all, the reason they ended it then was because that's how far they went to before they decided to stop, it's like someone 2,000 years in the future from some obscure village in the middle east looking back at our modern Gregorian calenders and saying that we thought the world was going to end December 31st every year.

You are half right. The Mayans did not predict the end of the world. However, they had a reason for ending that calendar in 2012. The Mayans recorded time in astronomical cycles, like one rotation of the earth of its axis, one revolution of the earth around the sun, etc. The longest cycle, the revolution of our solar system through our galaxy, ends in December 2012.

The Mayans never believed time would stop. They just chose to end the calendar at the most logical spot: the end of the longest cycle, which had contained all human life.

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 15:51:27

Old news, nobody on this site who is worth a damn believes it anyways. This has been discussed too many times to count.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 17:29:19

At 7/28/12 12:57 AM, TurkeyBased wrote: Why did you put "JEFF" at the end?

Because he wants people to know his name.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Why the "2012" is just total lies. 2012-07-28 17:30:05

2012 is a lie. we are actually living in 2013, but the govt refuses to acknowledge this skip in year for some strange reason...

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature