00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation softwares for laptops?

789 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-07-25 03:14:31

Hey! I am ordinary student, who have practiced animation making in Adobe Flash CS4.

Since I travel a lot, I only have a "Acer" laptop for use. I asked once from an "expert" that is Flash CS4 compatible to my laptop. He pretty much said " If you install Flash in your laptop, your computer will, sooner or later, be dead".

So I am asking, is there any animation softwares (other than Flash CS4) that are suitable for laptops, specifically for a laptop with AMD Dual Core Processor and 6 GB RAM memory?

Plus question! Is "Macromedia Flash 8" compatible for portable computers?

Response to Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-07-25 11:46:55

Hey! I own Macromedia Flash 8 for my laptop and I've had it on there for more than a year and it still runs fast! So yes if you want to use Flash 8 to animate while you travel it should give you 0% grief! Also I've had Flash CS.5 Professional on my laptop for a couple months and nothing has happened either.... So if you want download Flash8, It should work great!

Response to Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-07-25 12:07:35

Your expert is right, your laptop will sooner or later die.

Response to Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-07-26 09:00:07

Your expert is wrong. My 3 Year old Laptop seems to be worse than yours and runs Flash CS5 just fine. You have a good amount of RAM and your processor seems to be just fine. I think the video card is important for Flash aswell, but I doubt yours is worst than mine.

Response to Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-08-02 00:20:44

flash 8 is perfect for the job. you can get newer versions of flash though.

Response to Animation softwares for laptops? 2012-08-02 14:03:41

It will not "kill" your laptop. Just make sure it meets the requirements of the program. At worst it could potentially freeze the laptop operating system.

But yeah your laptop will die sooner or later with or without flash.