00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craftydemoncat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dayz

1,185 Views | 11 Replies

Dayz 2012-07-22 09:06:19

Hey, has anyone here played DayZ, the zombie mod for ARMA 2? I've seen videos and stuff and it looks pretty glorious, but I'd rather hear from someone who's actually played the game first. In a similar vein, because the rents due and its on sale for today, I don't suppose any cool guys (or girls for that matter) would spare the 15 quid and gift it to me? ID's Mystr22, huge thanks in advance for either of my queries.

I like Sonic in Brawl. He has pretty Final Smash.

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 09:12:34

It is indeed quite glorious, if you're patient and don't rage at losing a character you've invested hours in.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 09:18:14

I've seen a few videos of it recently and I have to say, it looks like a lot of fun. Shame I don't have a computer that would be capable of running it or enough spare cash to purchase it.

It does look like a very slow paced game that would be incredibly frustrating though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 13:08:46

I love Day Z... the potential for hilarity is awesome. There are a lot of awesome youtube videos.

I thought this video was pretty funny. This dude really gets into it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0u5J9GmMrY

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 13:19:13

I think it would be fun if you actually get a good playthrough, but I dunno.
I played one game and wandered around for about 2 hours and didn't see a single other player, and then suddenly got shot and died. I never even got to see who killed me.

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 13:22:39

At 7/22/12 01:19 PM, Squidbit wrote: I think it would be fun if you actually get a good playthrough, but I dunno.
I played one game and wandered around for about 2 hours and didn't see a single other player, and then suddenly got shot and died. I never even got to see who killed me.

Yeah, other players are a rarity outside of the big cities, but I think that's sorta the point. You're just doing your own thing, collecting resources, avoiding zombies etc, and every player encounter is basically an 'oh shit' moment. It works well in that sense, imo.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 14:47:53

We have a few threads already on Day Z, here is the biggest one

Day Z is a lot of fun and I've played the crap out of it since May. But the most fun I have now is sprinting around Cherno blasting Sonic R music over Direct Comm.

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 17:25:14

never played but i love it i'll if i can upgrade my computer so can play arma

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-22 17:29:31

At 7/22/12 09:18 AM, Dean wrote: Shame I don't have a computer that would be capable of running it

Oh yes you do. You can fiddle with the graphics settings just a bit and run the game without any frame problems on probably any modern computer. My piece of shit laptop runs it fine. The money thing is a bit of an issue though.

Haven't actually played Day Z yet because I have to download this 9GB game and this 6GB game before I can get the mod. Wish I didn't need both Arma 2 and the expansion, but whatever. I'll be waiting until next month most likely since my download limit is 30GB/month. Trying to get that upgraded though.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-23 08:40:20

At 7/22/12 05:34 PM, TerminalMontage wrote: I heard DayZ is getting a standalone release come September.

yes then i won't have to take up allot of space

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Dayz 2012-07-25 09:13:03

if you need a decent server to play on you should join our rp server.
should be under something like "east rp "
we dont use the main hive, we have our own so you dont need to worry about server hoppers or combat loggers and im pretty sure we are the only server that most members will try to roleplay.
it wont affect your normal dayz save for the normal servers either.

we have what id call a "healthy" amount of bandits.

our fourms are here http://dayzeast.guildlaunch.com/

Response to Dayz 2012-07-25 11:38:59

Too many Day Z threads have been cropping up recently. I'm going to redirect you guys to this thread:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1305568

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature