00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

do i have to own the audio i post

1,012 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:35:12

when i listen to a song on the site its always by them. but i never find a asong that isnt by the guy who posts it. so it that against the rules. copyright???im so confused

Response to do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:38:12

At 7/17/12 06:35 PM, 5ive5tar wrote: when i listen to a song on the site its always by them. but i never find a asong that isnt by the guy who posts it. so it that against the rules. copyright???im so confused

For starters, Audio Forum Rules.

Remixes are allowed, so long as it consists of content created by you. No samples from the original, no duplo (as in using primarily premade loops to make a song). Otherwise, the song has to be yours.

And yes, it is a question of copyright. Songs on NG are all under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA licence. That means Attribution (you credit the owner), Noncommercial, Share Alike.

Hope this helps! If there are still any questions you need to ask on this, I'm sure the rest of the AP will be willing to help.

Response to do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:40:45

I have no idea what the fuck you just said, but to answer the question asked in the thread title: Yes, the audio you post has to be your own creation. This is not Youtube where you can post other people's music, as this will result in a ban from the website.
For further information, please read the rules.

New tune: Yag

Response to do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:41:31

*facepalm* I realised I had submitted the wrong link, Fivestar. I want to refer you to the Content Submission Rules. These should tell you everything.

Response to do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:42:19

At 7/17/12 06:41 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: *facepalm* I realised I had submitted the wrong link, Fivestar. I want to refer you to the Content Submission Rules. These should tell you everything.

Heh, I made the same mistake T_T oh well..

New tune: Yag

Response to do i have to own the audio i post 2012-07-17 18:56:36

Short clear cut answer to "Do I have to own the Audio I post?":
Yes.

Long, possibly, maybe confusing answer:
This is not a file sharing site, and it is against the rules to upload anything that you did not create (Especially copyrighted material). You cannot upload your friends music, you cannot upload your favorite bands music, you cannot upload another song submitted under the Creative Commons license. You can upload remixes (Of things uploaded under the same license, I.E. Creative Comments) or remakes/covers, but you cannot upload anything that you did not in some way contribute to, regardless of whether or not it was uploaded under a Creative Commons license.

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Mass Confusion?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature