00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Assange may be put to death

7,214 Views | 78 Replies

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-25 05:53:44

Hilarious, good job OP for trolling all of the kids with no sense of irony.

This is clearly a troll thread. Anyone that didn't realize that is just plain silly.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-25 15:14:59

At 7/25/12 05:53 AM, mayeram wrote: Hilarious, good job OP for trolling all of the kids with no sense of irony.

This is clearly a troll thread. Anyone that didn't realize that is just plain silly.

these people making "troll threads" are just saying what they actually think but are too afraid to say, so they use the troll excuse as a shield

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 00:13:28

It is my understanding that Assange merely provides an access and drop off point for people who wish to leak documents.

How does that deserve death? I understand that it may be legally questionable, but death?

Crazy world.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 00:25:35

At 7/26/12 12:13 AM, JackPhantasm wrote: It is my understanding that Assange merely provides an access and drop off point for people who wish to leak documents.

How does that deserve death? I understand that it may be legally questionable, but death?

he published US diplomat and other sensitive materials. the Diplomat cables had inteligence of undercover CIA in the Mideast and could have blown their cover.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 03:28:05

At 7/26/12 12:25 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: he published US diplomat and other sensitive materials. the Diplomat cables had inteligence of undercover CIA in the Mideast and could have blown their cover.

This is punishable by death in your mind?

If yes, let's go round up Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby and get them on the chopping block for outing Valerie Plame for purely revenge minded reasons as a way to get back at her husband...

How about we maybe know what we're talking about and how dirty our government actually is before we act like Assange did something that our elected officials are doing behind closed doors every day.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 04:05:05

/26/12 03:28 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:

At 7/26/12 12:25 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: he published US diplomat and other sensitive materials. the Diplomat cables had inteligence of undercover CIA in the Mideast and could have blown their cover.

If yes, let's go round up Dick Cheney.

Giving a foreign national the death penalty would very hard, especially when we can barely do it for our own. If anything he deserves life in prison. And you cant kill Cheney he's like a fucking terminator he has had how many heart attacks and killed how many people?

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 13:09:49

Usually I catch troll threads easier than this, but I wasn't in the mood for too much bullshit so I skimmed the OP thought he was genuinely stupid. But after re-reading it, it should be obvious that this is a troll. However, the fact that the OP has support worries me.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-26 22:20:43

At 7/26/12 03:28 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:

If Assange's actions led to the deaths of non-Americans, it wouldn't be half as big a deal.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-27 03:30:58

At 7/26/12 04:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Giving a foreign national the death penalty would very hard, especially when we can barely do it for our own.

Not the question. The question was if you personally believe someone who outs a CIA operative deserves the death penalty, and provided a clear example of a high ranking US official who did just that for purely personal and revenge oriented motives. Assange at least has the veneer of journalism to throw over wikileaks.

If anything he deserves life in prison.

Under what charge? Also it seems somewhat difficult to prove that he himself is "leaking" or actively doing much wrong. He provided a place to put the materials and a method to submit them...I guess you could try nail him as a publisher, but even then...I think he's potentially got a free press case here (because if we're going to try and use American law to try him, then he should be able to try and invoke it to defend himself).

And you cant kill Cheney he's like a fucking terminator he has had how many heart attacks and killed how many people?

If only we could...apparently evil DOES live forever.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-27 05:52:48

The man just simply used free speech and for that he is a terrorist. If it came to that, then it would have to be one of the darkest days in American history.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-27 05:55:12

At 7/27/12 03:30 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 7/26/12 04:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Giving a foreign national the death penalty would very hard, especially when we can barely do it for our own.
Not the question. The question was if you personally believe someone who outs a CIA operative deserves the death penalty, and provided a clear example of a high ranking US official who did just that for purely personal and revenge oriented motives. Assange at least has the veneer of journalism to throw over wikileaks.

Under what charge? Espionage Act of 1917. the Intel was was classified and under Espionage Act of 1917 and USCMJ § 906a Under Article 106a for espionage Espionage thought its military its part of the Espionage Act. and the modified Patriot Act.
Also it seems somewhat difficult to prove that he himself is "leaking" or actively doing much wrong. He provided a place to put the materials and a method to submit them...I guess you could try nail him as a publisher, but even then...I think he's potentially got a free press case here (because if we're going to try and use American law to try him, then he should be able to try and invoke it to defend himself).

yet if some jerk decides to insult or be "racist" to some individual or group in a a publication those people can be sued. now just put it in this scenario with Military intelligence and publishing it violating the Espionage Act, Patriot ACT and USUCMJ from what they are going under Bradley manning was in contact with wiki leaks for a while from how the case is going so you can lob a Conspiracy charge there to.

old white guys I tell ya!

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-27 05:56:54

At 7/27/12 05:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/27/12 03:30 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
Giving a foreign national the death penalty would very hard, especially when we can barely do it for our own.

Under what charge?

Espionage Act of 1917. the Intel was was classified and under Espionage Act of 1917 and USCMJ Ã'§ 906a Under Article 106a for espionage Espionage thought its military its part of the Espionage Act. and the modified Patriot Act.

Also it seems somewhat difficult to prove that he himself is "leaking" or actively doing much wrong. He provided a place to put the materials and a method to submit them...I guess you could try nail him as a publisher, but even then...I think he's potentially got a free press case here (because if we're going to try and use American law to try him, then he should be able to try and invoke it to defend himself).

yet if some jerk decides to insult or be "racist" to some individual or group in a a publication those people can be sued. now just put it in this scenario with Military intelligence and publishing it violating the Espionage Act, Patriot ACT and USUCMJ from what they are going under Bradley manning was in contact with wiki leaks for a while from how the case is going so you can lob a Conspiracy charge there to.

old white guys I tell ya!

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-07-30 02:25:51

At 7/27/12 05:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: yet if some jerk decides to insult or be "racist" to some individual or group in a a publication those people can be sued.

1) Don't put racist in quotation marks like that, it makes it sound like you don't believe racism still exists and is occasionally published.

2) The fuck does that have to do with my example?

now just put it in this scenario with Military intelligence and publishing it violating the Espionage Act, Patriot ACT and USUCMJ from what they are going under Bradley manning was in contact with wiki leaks for a while from how the case is going so you can lob a Conspiracy charge there to.

Only if you can successfully get Assange (a foreign national) extradited and set up the precedent for trying him under laws he isn't really subject to since he's not an American citizen. Something that once again, the administration seems to have next to no interest in doing...so all these back and forths are complete what ifs and moot from the start :)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-02 09:15:41

Assange's mother says U.S. bent on extraditing WikiLeaks founder

"He'll then go to the United States, where he'll be possibly executed or perhaps tortured in a prison and will not face a hearing as we've seen with Bradley Manning," she said, referring to the U.S. intelligence analyst charged with leaking classified government cables to WikiLeaks.
Ecuador's foreign minister, Ricardo Patino, said that, out of respect for the United Kingdom, his government will await the end of the Olympic games in London to announce a decision on Assange's asylum application.

so what do you guys think? that sounds like a definite he will get asylum.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-14 17:52:50

Julian assange granted Asylum

wow really? Ecuador just pissed over two world leading countries and sweden. not like it matters though if we wanted him theCIA could easily extract assange from ecuador because CIA presence in ecuador is pretty heavy.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-14 20:54:25

At 8/14/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Julian assange granted Asylum

wow really? Ecuador just pissed over two world leading countries and sweden. not like it matters though if we wanted him theCIA could easily extract assange from ecuador because CIA presence in ecuador is pretty heavy.

Wow, I'm just amazed at the flippancy with which you make the suggestion that the US could/should just go and break international law to achieve their goal of silencing this man. Do international laws not apply to the US? If the US were to do as you suggested, what would make the US any different from a rogue state?

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-14 22:34:11

At 8/14/12 08:54 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: Wow, I'm just amazed at the flippancy with which you make the suggestion that the US could/should just go and break international law

Ha Im just stating an opinion and since he hasn't been napped he mustn't be worth much because it would have already happened before his trial or when he gets to Ecuador. now its going to be a political game against ecuador. to be honest the CIA SAD or MI5 or MI6 could extract him out the country in the darkness of the night they have pulled of a whole lot better ops that we don't even know about that break International laws to protect our country.

to achieve their goal of silencing this man.

Publishing Classified Information and making public in the name of "TRANSPARENT GOVERNMENT"is not journalism it's illegal under two international treaties and the Espionage Act USCMJ 906a Under Article 106a for espionage Espionage thought its military its part of the Espionage Act. and the modified Patriot Act. (Like I said before!) not to mention the other countries that were effected he probably broke other countries laws to.

plus Assange's idea that he would be extradited from Sweden and given to the US and given death sentence is LUDICROUS.

Do international laws not apply to the US?

Iraq War, Camp Echo, other classified shit we have done and kept in a file somewhere.

and counting I would have to say no.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-15 03:42:16

At 8/14/12 10:34 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Ha Im just stating an opinion and since he hasn't been napped he mustn't be worth much because it would have already happened before his trial or when he gets to Ecuador. now its going to be a political game against ecuador. to be honest the CIA SAD or MI5 or MI6 could extract him out the country in the darkness of the night they have pulled of a whole lot better ops that we don't even know about that break International laws to protect our country.

Problem with this theory is Assange would not be an easy guy to "disappear" since he has become quite famous and is not a universally disliked figure that no one would care if he was dropped. That is probably the biggest reason such an op hasn't been green lit.

Publishing Classified Information and making public in the name of "TRANSPARENT GOVERNMENT"is not journalism it's illegal under two international treaties and the Espionage Act USCMJ 906a Under Article 106a for espionage Espionage thought its military its part of the Espionage Act. and the modified Patriot Act. (Like I said before!) not to mention the other countries that were effected he probably broke other countries laws to.

"Probably" isn't the same as "definitely" so let's stick to the actual facts and the laws you're quoting. Also since the US is not gung-ho to grab assange or make any plays for him, it makes me think there's got to be some question as to their actual legal standing on what and if they could nab him and successfully try him.

plus Assange's idea that he would be extradited from Sweden and given to the US and given death sentence is LUDICROUS.

As long as there are people like yourself and others who call for his head and would happily see him extradited and executed, his idea is not ludicrous whatsoever.

Iraq War, Camp Echo, other classified shit we have done and kept in a file somewhere.

Breaking of the laws is not the same as saying the laws do not apply. However it is difficult to prosecute a country that outspends everybody else militarily by a ridiculous degree and always has the nuclear option. The law should apply to everyone lest it apply to no one.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-15 13:47:35

At 8/15/12 03:42 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Problem with this theory is Assange would not be an easy guy to "disappear" since he has become quite famous and is not a universally disliked figure that no one would care if he was dropped. That is probably the biggest reason such an op hasn't been green lit.

that or it looks like a "accident" but the CIA doesn't do assassinations since its against its charter and a Executive Order

"Probably" isn't the same as "definitely" so let's stick to the actual facts and the laws you're quoting.

well I think other countries would have laws against leaking classified information about their diplomats especially when it concerns the nation as a whole. but when Manning uploaded them he was hell bent on the US and NATO allies (UK, France, Germany)

Also since the US is not gung-ho to grab assange or make any plays for him, it makes me think there's got to be some question as to their actual legal standing on what and if they could nab him and successfully try him.

well I don't think the Assange issue isn't going to be brought up until after the November elections are done to keep up with appearances you know? after the election secured yourself then get to business.

As long as there are people like yourself and others who call for his head and would happily see him extradited and executed, his idea is not ludicrous whatsoever.

go back through the thread I never said kill him because the Idea of it would be impossible Life in prison is far more reasonable.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-15 14:04:33

At 8/15/12 01:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: that or it looks like a "accident" but the CIA doesn't do assassinations since its against its charter and a Executive Order

Are you joking?

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-15 14:15:23

At 8/15/12 02:04 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 8/15/12 01:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: that or it looks like a "accident" but the CIA doesn't do assassinations since its against its charter and a Executive Order
Are you joking?

The Bay of Pigs was a plot to get the cuban people to overthrow the communist Government with the help of Cuban exiles by the help of the CIA's paramilitary unit the SAD (Special Activities Division) as it was the beginning of the Cold War and having a Communist State in the Western Hemisphere was scary for the US.

though it ultimately failed it was not assassination Command+F then put in assassination on that wikipedia article it will result in 0 results.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 08:47:52

Well the announcement was made that Ecudor will grant asylum to Julian Assange.

Great Britian has said it won't change a thing & they may cancel the Embassy's diplomatic immunity & go in and arrest him !
Won't that open a can of worms ! ! !
Oh yeah , BBC news had the story.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 11:38:54

Ecuador is playing with fire here. They recieve a ton of American aid and money. They may be risking this if they bite the hand that feeds them. Then again, they do have a good deal of US oil companies in their borders, and the threat of siezing the oil companies' property may be enough to let them get away with it.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 12:18:17

At 8/16/12 11:38 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Then again, they do have a good deal of US oil companies in their borders, and the threat of siezing the oil companies' property may be enough to let them get away with it.

;;;;
Remember Venuzula ?
They seized a shit load of American assets & while they have had real difficulties because of the American Companies holding back equipment for upgrades & repairs.... that hasn't stopped China from making sizable investments in that country. SO they can have acces to their oil in 2004
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4123465.stm

Then there's the 4 billion dollar deal with Russia for weapons
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/27/us-venezuela-russi a-weapons-idUSTRE6AQ1VT20101127

So no matter how you slice it, there are other options open to Ecuador.
IMO this is one more case of the USA cutting off their nose to spite their face & the USA really needs to get its shit together & make the hard choices needed to stop your ballooning debt . Its going to hurt, but its better than the alternative & once enough countries of the world (which is growing each month) trading in US dollars your country is fucked !

Besides once Britian said they were just going to cancel Ecuador's diplomatic immunity & "follow the law' & deport Assange, that PISSED off the whole damn country & every political person in Ecuador.... it IMo was a no brainer to figure out that asylum would then be granted !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 12:42:09

At 8/16/12 12:18 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Besides once Britian said they were just going to cancel Ecuador's diplomatic immunity & "follow the law' & deport Assange, that PISSED off the whole damn country & every political person in Ecuador.... it IMo was a no brainer to figure out that asylum would then be granted !

holy shit I did not not know a country could do that. and thats pretty bold move by the british even by american standards.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 12:55:38

At 8/16/12 12:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 8/16/12 12:18 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Besides once Britian said they were just going to cancel Ecuador's diplomatic immunity & "follow the law' :
holy shit I did not not know a country could do that. and thats pretty bold move by the british even by american standards.

;;;;
The BBC news service has some good stories about this.
Several 'experts' are saying the so called 'Law' that gives them the ability to cancel Ecuadors Diplomatic charter was made for terrorist actions when the Lybian crisis happened in London. WHich in thewords of the 'experts' means that the intent of the Law isn't the same with a diplomatic immunity for a person. During the Lybian crisis a British police officer had been shot. THe Lybian Consulate was/had been used by terrorists, which prompted the legislation.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-16 13:01:23

At 8/16/12 12:55 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Several 'experts' are saying the so called 'Law' that gives them the ability to cancel Ecuadors Diplomatic charter was made for terrorist actions when the Lybian crisis happened in London. WHich in thewords of the 'experts' means that the intent of the Law isn't the same with a diplomatic immunity for a person. During the Lybian crisis a British police officer had been shot. THe Lybian Consulate was/had been used by terrorists, which prompted the legislation.

huh never knew that! so you can pull the buildings diplomat status so the police can go inside but if a person has diplomat immunity they are safe? is that how it works?

I wonder if america has some sort of provision or law like this.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-17 11:39:52

At 8/14/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Julian assange granted Asylum

wow really? Ecuador just pissed over two world leading countries and sweden.

Good.

not like it matters though if we wanted him theCIA could easily extract assange from ecuador because CIA presence in ecuador is pretty heavy.

"Oh, if we REALLY wanted him we could do X Y and Z." I'm sure.

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-17 12:00:28

At 8/16/12 01:01 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: huh never knew that! so you can pull the buildings diplomat status so the police can go inside but if a person has diplomat immunity they are safe? is that how it works?

I wonder if america has some sort of provision or law like this.

Every nation has always had the right to revoke an embassy's status and send the diplomats home. Political and diplomatic asylum are also different things. The UK has denied recognition of Ecuador granting Assange diplomatic asylum. This whole ordeal is basically a giant game of diplomatic chess and it's hilarious to watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Assange may be put to death 2012-08-17 14:43:03

At 8/17/12 12:00 PM, Feoric wrote: Every nation has always had the right to revoke an embassy's status and send the diplomats home. Political and diplomatic asylum are also different things.

so Britain could Revoke Embassy rights, walk in what wass once the embassy and snag assange? because the link More gave said Britain could do that. since assange has no diplomatic thing and ecuador tried taking him on a plane they could easily arrest him.

The UK has denied recognition of Ecuador granting Assange diplomatic asylum. This whole ordeal is basically a giant game of diplomatic chess and it's hilarious to watch.

seems so seems like it will be a battle to the punch line.