00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Playstation Game

2,920 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 11:08:34

What is your favorite Playstation game and why?

Mine is Final Fantasy VII. I absolutely love the story and music. The graphics haven't aged very well though. I don't have that many Playstation games. I think I only have 6 or 7.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 11:18:03

At 7/8/12 11:08 AM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: What is your favorite Playstation game and why?

Mine is Final Fantasy VII. I absolutely love the story and music. The graphics haven't aged very well though. I don't have that many Playstation games. I think I only have 6 or 7.

If it ain't Spyro 2. It ain't shit.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 12:38:51

I was real big on Syphon Filter 1 and 2 and Metal Gear Solid vr missions (You could play as gray fox!)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 12:54:33

Resident Evil 2

The story is written well and is great follow-up to the first Resident Evil. The controls are handled a bit better. The music and scare tactics used in this game are both better this time around. Playing as both characters brings more to the table than just two different stories to play through. Also it has one of my favorite video game boss battles as well as one of my favorite video game villains. All around it is just a wonderful and fun game to play.

Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

This is an underrated game that any fan of RPGs and Strategy Games can love because it melds them together perfectly. For those of you who have played Ogre Battle 64, this is that game's prequel. You create units, send them out to garrison cities in different areas of the game, and you fight off the empire in each area you go to. However depending on how you fight and what decisions you make can raise or lower you reputation meter. Depending on how high or low your reputation meter is will depend on which characters you can recruit as well as what special items you may receive or not receive. It can also effect your overall ending in which this game has a lot of different endings you can attain, from the Best Ending of a new and vibrant kingdom with all the characters you recruited having nice little end stories or you being a vengeful ruler.

What I like about this game is that it keeps my interest more than other strategy games do, mainly because I feel like I'm commanding an army more and I gain attachment to my characters, even the ones I don't recruit. The RPG element makes my army feel like my own, I feel like these are my troops instead of just mindless drones that I care nothing for whether they live or die. All in all it is a masterpiece of a game. The PlayStation version is actually the remake, if you have a Nintendo Wii you can get this game through the Virtual Console and I would highly suggest you get it and play it.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 14:11:21

Fuck I don't even know.
Final Fantasy Tactics was great, I'm currently playing through it for a third time.
Jade Cocoon was pretty unique and fucking amazing, I spent a lot of time trying to breed my monster to be bigger and stronger and more badass looking.
Legend of Dragoon was a lot of fun, although I never got to finish it, because the 4th disc snapped in half as I took it out of the case to play it.

Some kind of tie between those three.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 15:03:25

Jak 2
A lot of fans of the Jak and Daxter trilogy (I'm not acknowledging the lame spin-offs that they decided for later) complain that this is where the games went wrong. I'm the latter of that, thinking that this is where the popular game franchise entered its prime. Adding all these newer and better open-world elements seemed to be a major improvement. There were so many new ways to get around, such a rich and luxurious environment where you could easily piss off a guard by just barely bumping into him but you could go and kill as many citizens as you want---I may be exaggerating---without them giving two fucks.

The game play improved majorly. Introducing the element of a gun with four different mods (a lot of people tend to get confused about it being one gun) was very interesting to say the least about it. These new enemies that you had to face were beyond the typical tropic creatures of the original game. Not to mention, I believe that this game is much more hardened than its successor Jak 3. Just because they added a desert into the mix with a bunch of outlaws who formed their own city doesn't mean that it could become a better game (although I do have to admit the inclusion of the desert cars was a nice touch). The point is, I believed that Jak 2 put a lot more emphasis on the series than any of the other games---especially since Jak was no longer a mute.

Uncharted 2
Nathan Drake's hard-ass, wisecracking fearless attitude was a major part of the game. The character seemed a lot more comfortable in the environment set in the sequel to the first game. I do understand that with any first game of what a company is planning on being a series of some kind that it is more of a test run; something to give to the public to see if they'd enjoy playing it, but with the limitation of weapons and melee combat not refined, it just didn't give me the same appeal as the 2nd. The third game came round, and I was expecting absolute perfection, but it just didn't click like it did in its predecessor. The story had plot holes here and there and the actual game play still wasn't as refined as it could've been. Naughty Dog worried too much about the graphical environment rather than how game play factors in and functions in that environment.

Infamous 2
Jeez, what's with me and the number two, huh?

I loved the first Infamous to death. Yes, the story was a little bit lopsided and simple to deal with the more complex tastes of the gaming community, but what it lacked in and in-depth story it more than made up for in its sandbox style game play and the environment it provided. Then the second one came around.

Ho....ly....shit.

Again, the story didn't seem too in-depth and as refined as it could've very well been, but this is the first time that it felt like the karmic actions that I performed really had an effect on how the story would turn out in the end. In the first game, you make a karmic choice and yes, the public environment does react to your presence in accordance to your choices, but that is just about it. It didn't affect the ending or anything dealing with the outside story at all. You just went along like it always would've happened. With Infamous 2, however, you get a more fleshed out system. Your choices will actually effect how the game ends and, not to mention, the number of powers you get and just about everything in between it all.

Games I am looking forward to.
Yes, I decided to go the extra mile and look at future games that may be PS3 or PS4 exclusives to see if I would actually like any of them enough to own them. I did a little research on some of the games on the basis of whether the games will be exclusives.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Long-ass title aside (preferred Title Fight to the current), this game looks like it could be a of fun as a brawler. With a cast of fighters that have some experience with action, it looks like it could potentially be one of the better fighting games to date. With a release date of October 23rd, I'm really excited about this one and intend on pre-ordering it.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Okay, don't kill me just yet for putting this down. When the game was first being discussed in and interview, Square was only looking into releasing the game for 360. They intended for it to be a PS3 exclusive unless they believed that the title could hold up with graphics on the 360 (although at the rate that it is going with development, I'll looking at next generation when it probably will no longer be a PlayStation exclusive). Anyway, with so many features that were being listed when I read a few details (including no loading screens at all throughout the game), I am really psyched for this game to happen and hopefully within the next year or so (although Square is hinting at FFXIII-3).

The Last of Us
With Naughty Dog's first M-rated title, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. I've seen trailers for game footage and game play and all that jazz, but I'll be waiting for the day when it is actually released to see if it is any good at all (I'm a little biased, considering that I don't really like these whole "End of the World Survival" type of games). I just hope that they (Naughty Dog) don't try too hard with focusing on nothing but graphical beauty (not saying that it wouldn't be nice to see a pleasing environment, just give the joystick a little thought is all I'm saying).

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 19:34:57

Tales of Graces F is my favorite on the playstation platforms.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 23:46:59

JAK 3

Spryro Riptos Rage

Ape Escape

Sly cooper 2 and 3

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-08 23:52:42

I was talking about the original Playstation. Not the Playstation 2 or 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 00:00:36

At 7/8/12 11:52 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I was talking about the original Playstation. Not the Playstation 2 or 3.

for original I would say Metal Gear Solid.

If we're talking about all of the playstation consoles it would be ratchet and clank.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 00:05:33

A tie between Metal Gear Solid and Brave Fencer Musashi.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?

Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 00:06:48

At 7/8/12 11:52 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I was talking about the original Playstation. Not the Playstation 2 or 3.

Eh....then I got nothin'. My first PlayStation system was a PS2 and I never really went back to try a PS1.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 00:32:16

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Probably the most underrated PS1 game I have ever played. I never seen a game where the henchmen was actually clever and a real threat, where people actually were killed, and where you disappeared in the end. It was ahead of it's time.

SMT: Nocturne

Currently my favorite game of all time. The thing I like the most about it is that it actually does what it says, and more. At no time did I feel bored even if it's a turn based RPG, my desicions actually had weight to the game from facing different bosses to how the game would end. But best of all, it had depth without the need for a good story; I have never seen that done before.

Demon's Souls

An acutal game with challenge? An RPG without a sell feature? MADNESS! But in seriousness, that game was very good. It's been a while since a game kicked my ass so much, but when I beat the area, I felt so good about it, like I can accomplish anything. And I still have the collectors edition.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 00:57:07

Well, I only really play playstation, and sometimes PC. So my favorite games on Playstation, and in general, are Ratchet: Deadlocked and inFAMOUS 2.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 02:15:14

At 7/9/12 01:50 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: No mention of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? What the fuck?

That's one of the Playstation games I will get next.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 04:59:51

. Metal Gear Solid 3
. God of War 2

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 06:20:27

Pandemonium!

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 08:21:29

Spyro the dragon and medievil.

my sig has fighters in it bitches

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-09 08:42:29

Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics are tied for my favorites.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 04:12:52

Can't decide between Spryo the Dragon 2 or Final Fantasy VIII. Damned good games.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 04:57:33

Soul Reaver. Why does nobody like Soul Reaver?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 05:50:09

Which Playstation? If you mean PlayStation 1 then Parasite eve. I think that's how you spell it. Also Smackdown!

BADUMBUMBUMDEBUMBUM

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 05:53:28

Jak
Ape escape
Crash bandicoot
Metal gear
The game where you fight pigs with a spiky ball (forgot the name someone help pls)

and my number one

Favorite Playstation Game

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 16:00:33

At 7/10/12 05:53 AM, f12guy wrote:
The game where you fight pigs with a spiky ball (forgot the name someone help pls)

I think that was Tomba.

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-10 22:59:45

Metal Gear Solid

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-11 02:05:46

PlayStation:
Spyro: Ripto's Rage (Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer for those who had the PAL version). Almost a complete upgrade from the first game. Even if you played this one before the original, you can tell how much they improved. Gliding was better and easier to use, gems now had an actual use, POWER UPS!, multiple objectives in each level, storylines for each level, added gameplay elements, and the graphics were improved as well. Definitely the best of the series.

PlayStation 2:
Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. Unlike any of the other Yu-Gi-Oh videogames out there, you actually play as yourself. It's even loosely based on a true story. Yes, the War of the Roses was a real event that happened in Europe. And unlike any of the other games based on the series, you could actually side with the villains. And who could forget this fucking amazing intro music?

PSP:
Don't have one, so I can't comment

PlayStation 3:
See PSP

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-11 05:34:57

At 7/10/12 04:00 PM, unconsidered wrote:
At 7/10/12 05:53 AM, f12guy wrote:
I think that was Tomba.

It was tomba! that game was awesome

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-11 17:54:45

if were talkin' PS1 im keeping it short and saying crash bandicoot 3: warped. If PS2 or 3? Forget it, that list can go on....

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-11 18:05:28

At 7/10/12 10:59 PM, ZJ wrote: Metal Gear Solid

^

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

Response to Favorite Playstation Game 2012-07-11 19:35:14

My all time favourite Playstation game has to be Kingdom Hearts just pure nostalgia for me.
Although, in the recent I've been loving the Uncharted Series and I am super pumped for The Last of Us.