00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Island of Equestria Project

11,540 Views | 129 Replies

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:16:48

At 7/7/12 02:13 PM, w33zl wrote:
At 7/7/12 02:10 PM, MiloBased wrote: Travis shut your annoying ass up. Damn.
He has an opinion. He has a right to express and debate that opinion.

And my opinion is that he should shut the fuck up already.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:18:50

Somebody's a closet brony.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:19:53

At 7/7/12 02:13 PM, w33zl wrote:
He has an opinion. He has a right to express and debate that opinion.

As he should, and its out jobs as bronies to love and tollerate him for expressing his thoughts

I'm planning on putting well over a grand into this...

And for the record I have been telling bronies to not spam pic things and if you search through the brony club section there is a very limited/low number of pictures...

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:30:25

At 7/7/12 02:28 PM, Travis wrote:
At 7/7/12 02:03 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Better than donating to Eddsword Legacy.
Did you really just say donating to create a fictional island from a show geared towards little girls THAT WOULD LITERALLY SERVE NO PURPOSE is better than donating money to guys who are working hard to deliver actual creative content to the general public?

Hey Travis, get that sand out of your vagina and stop taking things so seriously.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:32:06

At 7/7/12 02:28 PM, Travis wrote:
At 7/7/12 02:03 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Better than donating to Eddsword Legacy.
Did you really just say donating to create a fictional island from a show geared towards little girls THAT WOULD LITERALLY SERVE NO PURPOSE is better than donating money to guys who are working hard to deliver actual creative content to the general public?

Why donate to any of them? Why not put money towards Cancer and AIDS research, or feeding the millions of starving people around the globe? Is a fucking mediocre flash animation or a private island really valued over human life?

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:35:48

At 7/7/12 02:28 PM, Travis wrote: Did you really just say donating to create a fictional island from a show geared towards little girls THAT WOULD LITERALLY SERVE NO PURPOSE is better than donating money to guys who are working hard to deliver actual creative content to the general public?

I think he's still sore about the trashing he got in a thread where he bitched about EW's kickstarter. Ignore him.
Also guys, let's just stop with all this hate. Or just redirect it at the morons that created the kickstarter.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:39:05

Some people make me ashamed of this fandom...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:41:37

There is some MAJOR butt hurt in this thread... I'm enjoying this ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:41:37

At 7/7/12 02:38 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 7/7/12 02:35 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Also guys, let's just stop with all this hate. Or just redirect it at the morons that created the kickstarter.
Fucking this. Brony or not, this shit's funny. Only a few people are actually making jokes, most of you are taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

That's exactly what I've been saying. Why does this mean, 'The end of the world', for you guys? I don't get it.

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:43:07

Tramps should post more bears.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:45:38

At 7/7/12 02:41 PM, tox wrote: There is some MAJOR butt hurt in this thread... I'm enjoying this ^-^

Sssssh, e-drama is no fun in the Newgrounds forums. There are plenty of other places where such drama is not only better, but also comes in larger quantities. Look there.
Back on topic, I doubt most bronies would back that. Say what you want, most of them aren't THAT stupid.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:50:12

I didn't realise islands were so cheap. $600k? Goddamn.
I'd fund that so I can have a tax haven.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:53:14

I just realized this is not a game.My god this even more funny.

Yeah I'm a smart boy

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 14:57:36

Hey guys, buy me a city, and I'll call it newgrounds.

if you donate over 10 million, I might consider your opinions and thank you.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:00:22

At 7/7/12 02:57 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Hey guys, buy me a city, and I'll call it newgrounds.

I would donate money for an island called Newgrounds.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:03:07

At 7/7/12 02:57 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Hey guys, buy me a city, and I'll call it newgrounds.

Genius, I'll send $50,000 right away.
In fact, you just gave me an idea. Let's say this wasn't a fundraiser for Bronies and instead, this was a fundraiser by, say Star Wars nerds. They wanted to make an island called Tattooine and they wanted $600,000 also. Would you make fun of Star Wars nerds or make fun of the idea? Would this thread have been the same war on opinions as it is now?

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:10:12

On the bright side, they'll all be on an island away from the rest of us.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:12:00

At 7/7/12 03:03 PM, TheRainbowZilla wrote: Let's say this wasn't a fundraiser for Bronies and instead, this was a fundraiser by, say Star Wars nerds. They wanted to make an island called Tattooine and they wanted $600,000 also. Would you make fun of Star Wars nerds

Why do you assuming you are some victim?

I wasn't mocking fans of the show, I was mocking the idea of a man using a fandom to get his own private island.

what specific fandom is being used is completely irrelevant in relation to weather or not I mock the idea.

I also took a jab at how he is compensation people who donate.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:15:20

At 7/7/12 03:12 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 7/7/12 03:03 PM, TheRainbowZilla wrote: Let's say this wasn't a fundraiser for Bronies and instead, this was a fundraiser by, say Star Wars nerds. They wanted to make an island called Tattooine and they wanted $600,000 also. Would you make fun of Star Wars nerds
Why do you assuming you are some victim?

I wasn't mocking fans of the show, I was mocking the idea of a man using a fandom to get his own private island.

I know you weren't mocking the fans, I just wanted to know how people would react to a Kickstarter if it was made by some other group of fans.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:16:00

I'm surprised no one has made a conection to futurama about gathering all the blaaa in one place and wipe them out in one fell swoop

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:16:15

I wonder if the insane fandom will lead to the inevitable cancelling of the show.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:23:11

These arguments are lame and dull. While your mileage may vary regarding the fandom, the thread is more focused on the funding project as opposed to anything else.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:29:09

At 7/7/12 03:24 PM, MrPercie wrote: im telling yer, newgrounds should buy an island.

we should erect giant cocks made of stone all around the island.

I agree with this. We should make some sort of stonehenge out of cocks for people to marvel thousands of years from now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:29:15

At 7/7/12 03:24 PM, MrPercie wrote: im telling yer, newgrounds should buy an island.

we should erect giant cocks made of stone all around the island.

It'll be just like Minecraft!.....at least, my Minecraft....

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:32:13

At 7/7/12 03:28 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Arguments

Hey guys, let's just listen to what Bahamut said and stop with this, alright? We're getting waaaaay off topic here.
Anyway, I now actually wonder if this whole thing is meant to be a joke. Prolly not, but I'll bet they'll pull that card if they fail. And oh boy, they WILL.

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:33:13

I thought the Brony fad was dying down finally?

I bet they're all the fat hopeless neckbeards

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:35:05

They only want an island so they can make bestiality legal.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:36:53

At 7/7/12 03:19 PM, Travis wrote:
Oh, okay I gotcha now. Well here's something to remedy that...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/575930

Hey Look, I can post funny stuff about bronies while being one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVzzUM4zVg
Those videos and images of cosplayers are not really harmful to the fans in general, just to those cosplayers.

There's going to be a ton of people on that island named Wilson however.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:51:40

At 7/7/12 03:19 PM, Travis wrote:

Why do you even bother, Travis? Haven't you realized that RWG purposefully likes garbage so that he can continue to feed his debate boner?

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to The Island of Equestria Project 2012-07-07 15:55:56

At 7/7/12 11:20 AM, Darthdenim wrote: Bronisim

Now explain this to me. I haven't been paying attention at all, wasn't MLP some Barbiesque toyline way back when? Why is there suddenly such a huge "following"?