00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Quick Kontakt Sale Question

1,583 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-06 20:33:09

Since the last day of Kontakt 5 being half off is upon us, and I just got paid, can anyone in a timely fashion tell me if it's worth it? Also, what's the difference between the "update" version ($119) and the complete version ($200) on the site?

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/?content=2015
^^^Link to the sale

Basically, all of Native Instrument's stuff is half-off until tomorrow.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-06 20:54:13

At 7/6/12 08:33 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Since the last day of Kontakt 5 being half off is upon us, and I just got paid, can anyone in a timely fashion tell me if it's worth it? Also, what's the difference between the "update" version ($119) and the complete version ($200) on the site?

I use Kontakt and I reckon it's fantastic for drums. The versatility in the sampler is incredible and increases workflow so much.

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-06 21:16:34

I use it, and it's amazing. All of the free patches you can find definitely make up for it. I've found free patches for music boxes, staccato violins, the guitaret (which I didn't even know existed!), drums, pianos... yes. Definitely worth it.

BBS Signature

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-06 22:26:10

I already had Kontakt. I never work without it and I just bought Damage! Woot! Thanks for letting me know about the sale Ahah! :D Seriously, Kontakt is awesome.

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-07 01:42:30

Kontakt is definitely worth it for that price tag. Even more so if you can upgrade it. For one, nearly every major library coming out uses K5 now and for good reason. Anything that can be tempo synched (which lets face it, is basically everything), uses it's awesome time pro feature.

Additionally I have been able to use over 70% of the sounds that comes with it in commercial projects at a satisfactory level of production. The drums (both studio and the african set), is simply gorgeous. The pianos are not too shabby though I haven't used them that much.

Also as mentioned, Damage is a truly grimy epic ton of rape. Totes worth it, grab that too if you can :3

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-07 19:01:45

Thanks for the responses. I'm just in the process of figuring out how to make back the $200 spent on Kontakt (thinking - selling many of my videogames on ebay!). But from mostly what I hear it's worth it, if not for the packaged sound library, for the fact that just about everyone (8dio, SoundCouture, HollowSun, etc etc etc.) uses Kontakt as a host for their samples.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-07 19:30:28

Welp. Bought the gay piano. Thanks for sharing.

Response to Quick Kontakt Sale Question 2012-07-07 22:57:38

Phew!

Well, I went ahead and placed me an order. Hopefully, I can make that back with ebay sales. I guess it was lucky that i had my birthday and my payday so close together!

For anyone reading this topic in CST, there's still about two hours left for 50% off on Native Instrument products.

Hopefully, this will allow for a new level of development in my music production hobby and passion!

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature